'12 GA ATH Justin King (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say their defense was all that bad. Do I think they can match up well vs Hunter and the Freak? Not so much...

As they have to slide the saftey over to double the WRs and the LBs have to start the play in a back peddle as Bray is burning them up....the RBs will bust a few long runs. They may not be bad...they just can't stop it. :thumbsup:

With a competent TE like Rivera and an improving offensive line I think you are on to something here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hunter and Da'rick haven't exactly proved that they are All-conference players out there. Hunter had a great year with some phenomenal catches, but only had something like 19 catches. This year he will have to catch 40-60 balls and so will Da'Rick who had more rushing attempts than catches last season. Gun slinging will only get you so far in the SEC. You have to be able to line up and run the ball to win consistently in the SEC. You see more good SEC teams win 17-10 or 24-13 than score 35 points. Top level SEC defenses are just too good to give up that many points, especially to a Tennessee offense that will be playing its first TRUE road game, not just of the season, but in their careers for many of our starters.

With "true" in this case meaning "effectively" or some such. Basically, Vandy doesn't count.

"I took a visit there Saturday with my parents and a teammate and my little brother and we really just fell in love with everything there, from an academics standpoint to an athletics standpoint. And I feel like the resources they have there for athletes are just amazing. I came home, thinking UT and I woke up this morning feeling like UT is the best place for me," King said."Coach Sirmon was excited and he was screaming. They were really happy with my decision. They were excited about me coming there. Coach Wilcox said it's not going to be easy but we're glad you're here with us and they feel like I can come up there and compete right away," King said.

He said he's happy he has made his decision, even if it came earlier than he originally thought it might.
VQ

Nice!!

Is he going to play more LB this year?

What are your coaches plans for utilizing his talent this year?

I'll ask around, but I do believe he will play QB in a triple option oriented attack. Obviously that's NOT where UT would use him.

I don't know about LB, i'll get my sons to find out and report back here.

I don't see a huge issue with his offer list considering all of the positions that he's played. Louisville, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Syracuse, Virginia. These are BCS teams.

LOL@this guy

He does like to do his little Carlton dance over here everytime the Gators land a recruit. Maybe the jabs at Tenenssee helps him prepare for what he knows is coming in the game this year.

Vols 34
Gators 13

Just stop. Please. Stop.

dwightfistpump.gif

the best gif I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back