'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kindly and humbly disagree with you. I don't think CDD and staff recruit people to be back ups. We don't have the luxury to offer someone just to sit on the bench. We don't have scholly's to spare for a beach sitter. JMO

Lets be honest, we struck out with our top QB targets. I view this as a depth move in which he could eventually push for the starting QB if his potential is reached. JMO of course...

Obviously didn't get the joke.

Not a joke if only you get it...

That’s what you get for trying to be the grammar police and funny.

That was never funny to me when it was going on and it was barely funny to a select few...

peterman said he felt like he owed a lot of his success at the tennessee camp to a new throwing motion he perfected since his season ended.

"i've been working on that since after the fall with one of my coaches and just making it more efficient," peterman offered.

Offered sutherland, "he has a great football iq. And anticipates really well. One of the critiques was that he had a wind-up motion. He worked with his quarterbacks coach and shortened up his release. Nathan is very coachable and when he decides to do something he works extremely hard at it. He wanted to improve his game to make his team better and it's paid off for him."

after revising his throwing motion this past winter, peterman went 20-25, 329 yards and five touchdowns in his spring game against flagler palm coast. In 2010, he threw for 2,016 yards as his team went 7-4.

- vq

Lets be honest, we struck out with our top QB targets. I view this as a depth move in which he could eventually push for the starting QB if his potential is reached. JMO of course...

Exact same situation as Bray. Glad we got turned down ot worked out great. Thinking the same here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dooley and Co. wouldn't be taking a depth qb this early in the recruiting season. We have a lot of immediate need on this team and qb is not one of them. The staff obviously thinks a lot of this kid to accept this commitment...especially this early in the game.

His name reminds me of Office Space. "Hey Peter, man, turn to channel 62 they're doing the breast exams again" SIAP.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dooley and Co. wouldn't be taking a depth qb this early in the recruiting season. We have a lot of immediate need on this team and qb is not one of them. The staff obviously thinks a lot of this kid to accept this commitment...especially this early in the game.

Yes they would when you miss on your top targets. They were going to take a QB regardless of need.

From his video it looks like he's got some decent wheels too (and for you OSU fans out there, I'm not talking about his ride).

"I just really feel that Tennessee is going to be the best fit for me as a person, a student, and a player. They play in a great conference and against the best competition in the country. The stadium and fan support is unmatched. In the end, it was the coaching staff that really made me jump on board. They are a great group of people that are giving me a great opportunity." FlaVarsity

Thanks HG. you seem to always bring extra info to the table. What are your thoughts on this?

Seeing that this kid will more than likely be a 4* according to the above info, I don't think your giving this staff credit enough for their ability to see good talent.

Seeing that this kid will more than likely be a 4* according to the above info, I don't think your giving this staff credit enough for their ability to see good talent.

And the people that question the staffs ability to evaluate will continue to do so until UT is playing for the SEC championship. I'm with you though, I already believe in the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back