'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt Peterman sees the field this year, if he does we are in trouble.

Dont think were in trouble if he plays. Its been mentioned he is the most talented QB that has been at UT in a long time. I hope we can RS him though. They had discussed having a package for him but his injury in the spring may have put that on hold.

Hi all,
I'm new to Tennessee football because of Nate Peterman. Was looking for a way to follow his progress and found this site.

I have watched Nate since Pop Warner in 7th grade. You have a wonderful young man in Nate, as I am sure many of you have found out. His Pop Warner coach told me he felt Nate was D1 material way back then. He had a gun of an arm, and absolutely loved the game. What I have found to be most impressive is how hard he works. He did not have much speed back then, but every year he worked hard at it and improved tremendously. You cannot question his toughness-- he tries to run over or through everything in sight. He studies the game and is very smart. He may not be the most athletically gifted of your quarterbacks, but what he lacks he makes up in heart.

His first few high school games as a freshman were up and down--a good throw downfield followed by an interception. By his senior year, the mistakes were down to almost none.

Someone earlier last year in this thread mentioned the Flagler Palm Coast spring game. I was there, and Nate played that game to near perfection. I'm not sure he missed any passes. The receivers dropped a few, but he was nearly flawless. His senior year played out that way too. I'm amazed that so many of the so-called pundits who ranked the quarterbacks in HS didn't see Nate's performances as among the best in the country. I have a feeling Nate will end up 4 years from now mentioned almost in the same breath as PM.

I look forward to watching Vols football for the next 4 years.

Man, that was one fly post.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know about folks dissing Worley. He s got some good things going for him right now. He came in with that gunslinger mentality kinda like Bray. But he's getting to the point where he'll check down to the back or take a higher % pass, move the chains, live to see another day. I'm liking Worley.

As for Peterman, some may laugh at this. But for all the players Dooley has recruited up to this point I think Petermen when it's said and done will be one of the top 5, Maybe the best. I know that's a stretch, but I dunno....I've just got this feeling, Peterman is gonna be great.

Last edited:
Nate went to HS about 10 miles down the road from Tebow, so there are lots of people who have seen them both, and lots of comparisons very favorable to Nate. Tough, smart, football smart, harder working than everyone else by far, both outstanding young men, etc. You only have to look at Nate's release to see he should be a much better passer in college and afterward. I hope the coaches give him some quality playing time this year because he could be one play away from being the starter this year or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back