'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks HG. you seem to always bring extra info to the table. What are your thoughts on this?

was one of the better QB's at the UM 7 on 7 earlier this summer. I know many people give too much credit to that setting but the kids release and arm is legit. Chris Nee has raved about Nate since the early spring. Solid player and plays against 5A talent in Fl. Can't argue against that.

Last edited:
Seeing that this kid will more than likely be a 4* according to the above info, I don't think your giving this staff credit enough for their ability to see good talent.

so far the verdict is still out. this years class will either make or break dooley. right now it's looking like a 25 to 30 class. could be 8th in the sec.

Looks like a good prospect and he def has a nice arm, but he throws a lot of jump balls in his video that would be picks in the SEC. His recievers made a lot of nice catches over the top of a DB which makes him look good to most.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Seeing that this kid will more than likely be a 4* according to the above info, I don't think your giving this staff credit enough for their ability to see good talent.
Not particularly aimed at you, but why in the heck should we care about Rivals' evaluation of him. I'll trust Dooley and the staff's evaluations until they give me reason not to. Even though this kid will likely be a four star soon.

This kid is decent size has a good arm with a quick release and has shown he can modify his fundamentals to improve. If we're going to complain and bash the kid at least give a reason why instead of pissing and moaning about his star count.

And the people that question the staffs ability to evaluate will continue to do so until UT is playing for the SEC championship. I'm with you though, I already believe in the staff.

way to early to know if they know what they are doing. hopefully they recruit, better than they coach.

Looks like a good prospect and he def has a nice arm, but he throws a lot of jump balls in his video that would be picks in the SEC. His recievers made a lot of nice catches over the top of a DB which makes him look good to most.

If your receiver has the jumping ability to go over a DB for a catch, why not use it to your advantage?

The tables have turned and now we use Rivals analcysts to justify our commits. It looks like he's getting bumped up to a 4*, must be a good pickup.

If your receiver has the jumping ability to go over a DB for a catch, why not use it to your advantage?

Not saying he shouldn't but to me it looked like it most of those cases he could have simply lead his reciever and made it an easy catch. I'm not saying I don't like him. That's just what I saw. Plus those throws won't work in the SEC.

Not saying he shouldn't but to me it looked like it most of those cases he could have simply lead his reciever and made it an easy catch. I'm not saying I don't like him. That's just what I saw. Plus those throws won't work in the SEC.

They worked OK for Bray. Besides, he can only improve with some good SEC coaching. I don't see anything to worry about.

They worked OK for Bray. Besides, he can only improve with some good SEC coaching. I don't see anything to worry about.

Bray didn't play against the best competiton either and when he did it didn't work. I'm not being negetive. I think he looks like he has a nice arm and I agree with coaching he'll be fine. I was just stating my opinion about his film.

Bray didn't play against the best competiton either and when he did it didn't work. I'm not being negetive. I think he looks like he has a nice arm and I agree with coaching he'll be fine. I was just stating my opinion about his film.

What didn't work?

Little early to pass judgment on a true freshman. Peyton Manning didn't have a very good freshman year, either.

Just sayin'.

Throwing jump balls in coverage. My point is that will not work in the SEC against Fla, Bama, Lsu, or UGA. Gotta be able to make reads and process a defense. Not saying Bray or Peterman can't either.

Little early to pass judgment on a true freshman. Peyton Manning didn't have a very good freshman year, either.

Just sayin'.

How am I passing judgement on Bray? I never said anything about him having a bad or year or that he wasn't gonna be good did I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back