'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Maryland, Northwestern, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest.

Offer list seems pretty solid to me.

That's not the offer list.

Alabama, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Maryland, Northwestern, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest.

Offer list seems pretty solid to me.

Pretty sure the only ones that had an "official offer" were the ones he named, UConn, Vandy, Wake, Cinncy and us.

Just watched his film and he looks like a great get!
Foot work and field vision seem to already be there, and his ball placement on the intermediate/long routes is GREAT! As a resident lurker on VN..I had to chime in and say STOKED!

Don't hate, but he kinda reminds me of Clausen (when he was IN the game that is).

:clapping:

I'd take another Casey any day.

With guys who draw offers at camp and commit on the spot, it's hard to have too much of a feel on things unless you're a good scout in your own right. Glad he wants to be a Vol and committed so quickly, but obviously he's not going to have the offer list or high rating or he would've been offered before camp. We just have to wait and see and hope the coaches are right.

In the meantime, welcome aboard, Nathan!

He doesn't look anything like Casey....

He does to me...I just remember (regardless of the legions of Vol fans who hated him for his Neanderthal look and disconcerting ego) Casey's solid vision and upper level footwork. Peterman is certainly more mobile but I was just referencing his pocket play.

He plays at the high school ten minutes from my home and I have seen him play
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He plays at the high school ten minutes from my home and I have seen him play
Thanks for that succinct and informative post. With insight like that you'll be a tremendous resource.

Dooley and staff putting in work. I love it! Welcome aboard Nathan! Now time for some big uglies on the def.

He is a 5.7 3*. Offer list is not great but there seems to be interest from some good teams. If he bumps to 5.8 and a 4* everyones negative opinion will change. I trust the coaching staff. They know what to look for in these kids

I don't feel so great about this one.

You will. I got a good feeling he ends up as a 4 star before its all said and done. Remember CDD and Saban are alot alike in their style of play. We need a QB who can make plays, yes, but more importantly who can manage the game correctly and get the ball to his playmakers accurately. Those are two of the characteristics that Peterman has from evals of him.

I don't feel so great about this one.

Video looked pretty impressive. He made some nice tight window throws with good (not great) velocity. He made some excellent touch throws over the top both on flies and fades.

Decision making is one of the best things a QB can have. I like that someone who has looked closely praises that.

My thing is, if you swore by Worley, you should like what you see from Peterman's highlights

Sorry. Phone trouble.

I thought he was a d1 college prospect, but honestly never felt a school like tennessee would give him an offer

Peterman is a pro-style quarterback while Cameron is a dual-threat. Peterman is more productive in games, partly due to being on a better squad, while Cameron is a more physical player who may have a higher ceiling (potential is a fun word). Peterman can be very good in college. He was good in dissecting Pedro Menendez last season when I saw him in person but was even more impressive in a camp setting last month.
-Chris Nee

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back