'12 AL DT Justin Shanks

Justin, You bring some good stuff to VN but you kill yourself with unnecessary personal attacks and that destroys anything you have to say. Cmon dude. ..we're on the same team
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's nothing personal about it.

You're openly admitting to contacting a recruit on facebook right after Sab got hammered for contacting recruits through social media.

Unless you're Mr Shanks himself, I don't think I would admit it on a public message board.

There's nothing personal about it.

You're openly admitting to contacting a recruit on facebook right after Sab got hammered for contacting recruits through social media.

Unless you're Mr Shanks himself, I don't think I would admit it on a public message board.
I don't know how much more simple you can put it. Unless you are a relative, if you're contacting recruits in any way, stop.

I don't know how much more simple you can put it. Unless you are a relative, if you're contacting recruits in any way, stop.

Exactly. Your intentions may be pure, but you are NOT helping. Coaches (and compliance) would tell you the same thing.

Also, is that really the point of facebook (i.e., to make friends with people you don't know and "will likely never meet")? Didn't know that. Carry on.

That's funny stuff right there :lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: You want someone to stop contacting a kid he's known his entire life just because he's a senior in HS about to got to college...and because you say so:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: get over yourself!

If PratvilleVol is who he says he is then the NCAA has nothing they can do...
guys lay off him unless you know for a fact he isn't who he says he is

And as most of you should know....lot of players and family of players post here....chill

Reactions: 2 people
IMO based on his past post I doubt that Pratville is still in HS but if from that area maybe knows Shanks. I imagine in that community you either know everyone or atleast know someone that does. His relationship with JS may be legit and maybe not.

As others have pointed out his first claim was that he just became FB friends with Shanks. He never said anything about them going to school together or he has known him his whole life, but that he just became FB friends with him and they are now talking. The rest came after he had to defend his position when he became life long friends and who knows maybe he did not want to let that out at first. The part of being in HS with him was from another poster I do not recall him saying that.

Now in regards to recruiting violations it really does not matter what rules are there or not because we know that the NCAA interprets what they want. Unless he is a booster, season ticket holder, or a member of a recognized fan organization by the school it does not matter what he says. If he falls into one of those catagories the NCAA does not care what his relationship is with Shanks because it will only get UT in trouble in the end.

Again it may help or may not help. But the only thing we do know for sure is that Shanks is currently commited to FSU and has not said anything publically that he is swaying.

Now if Pratville spoke with him at some deli while standing in line waiting to place an order I believe it is legit.

IMO based on his past post I doubt that Pratville is still in HS but if from that area maybe knows Shanks. I imagine in that community you either know everyone or atleast know someone that does. His relationship with JS may be legit and maybe not.

As others have pointed out his first claim was that he just became FB friends with Shanks. He never said anything about them going to school together or he has known him his whole life, but that he just became FB friends with him and they are now talking. The rest came after he had to defend his position when he became life long friends and who knows maybe he did not want to let that out at first. The part of being in HS with him was from another poster I do not recall him saying that.

Now in regards to recruiting violations it really does not matter what rules are there or not because we know that the NCAA interprets what they want. Unless he is a booster, season ticket holder, or a member of a recognized fan organization by the school it does not matter what he says. If he falls into one of those catagories the NCAA does not care what his relationship is with Shanks because it will only get UT in trouble in the end.

Again it may help or may not help. But the only thing we do know for sure is that Shanks is currently commited to FSU and has not said anything publically that he is swaying.

Now if Pratville spoke with him at some deli while standing in line waiting to place an order I believe it is legit.

He has admitted to talking to him on FB, don't think he bumped into him at some deli.

Here's a thought.....

Even if you know a recruit or player outside of social media, don't broadcast that you talk with them on social media on a message board. Keep it private, and save yourself a lot of trouble and ridicule. If a recruit wants to talk with you, then go for it. It's not like people force them to do so.

That's funny stuff right there :lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: You want someone to stop contacting a kid he's known his entire life just because he's a senior in HS about to got to college...and because you say so:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: get over yourself!

OK . . . If you had just presented yourself as a family friend rather than a Facebook friend, I'm betting this whole argument would have never started.

Here's a thought.....

Even if you know a recruit or player outside of social media, don't broadcast that you talk with them on social media on a message board. Keep it private, and save yourself a lot of trouble and ridicule. If a recruit wants to talk with you, then go for it. It's not like people force them to do so.
I agree with all of that. There's something to be said for a little discretion in how much you put out there.

A Bama fan bringing logic to the conversation. Has hell frozen over? :p

OK . . . If you had just presented yourself as a family friend rather than a Facebook friend, I'm betting this whole argument would have never started.

Bingo.

Had it read something like this....

I'm friends with Justin and have been talking with him about UT. Don't give up on him. He is a smart kid and he is listening.

There would have been butt pats for all.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's a thought.....

This is what I was saying. I knew Chris Jones and his family (the athlete that went to Alabama last year). Yeah I let everyone know on here that I knew him but after that I kept quiet about the situation. Recruits don't need all of their business out there. PrattvilleVol said he was facebook friends first so that killed him right from the get go.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My question is if you are so close to him, why not just pick up the phone or text him? Why air it out on public media?

I agree with all of that. There's something to be said for a little discretion in how much you put out there.

I agree. But the pics of Scarlet Johansson I was shown today make me happy some have little discretion. I'm probably going to hell for that. :)

Here's a thought.....

I would agree with eric here. Even if there is an existing relationship which negates the no contact rule. I still wouldn't want to split hairs with the douche bags at the NCAA.

I think I remember PrattvilleVol mentioning way earlier in this thread about being friends with Shanks but maybe I'm mistaken. Let's just drop it unless PV starts composing lengthy love letters and offering photos to Shanks.

In the VQ chat, one of the mods said that we were still recruiting him hard and trying to get him to visit.

VN Store

Back