'12 AL DT Justin Shanks

I'm FB friends with Justin and have been talking with him about UT. Don't give up on him. He is a smart kid and he is listening.

Simms last year, Bray has the "potential" to leave after his Jr yr, Worley will be fine but if he goes down we have Doak.......wait.....either way we can skip this year at QB especially since we just took a KICKER because our #1 has "dead leg"(whatever that is ?)

:mf_surrender:

First of all I'm not just FB friends with Justin. Secondly I'm only trying to share in the fun of the recruiting process with my fellow Vol friends. It's sad but there never fails to be a couple of pricks in every thread no matter the topic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
First of all I'm not just FB friends with Justin. Secondly I'm only trying to share in the fun of the recruiting process with my fellow Vol friends. It's sad but there never fails to be a couple of pricks in every thread no matter the topic.

You forgot arrogant.

Reactions: 2 people
Be sure to show him FL ST's depth chart at DT for next year:
They are absolutely loaded with 4 star DT's!

Dawkins (Sr)
McCray (Sr)
McCloud (Sr)
McDaniel (Sr)
Cummings (Jr)
McAllister (Jr)
Jernigan (So)
Erving (So)
Lawrence-Stample (Fr)
Newberry (Fr) De maybe
Mitchell (Fr)

Committed: (it's not even fair really)
Shanks, Hamilton, Stuckey

Last edited:
Be sure to show him FL ST's depth chart at DT for next year:
They are absolutely loaded with 4 star DT's!

Dawkins (Sr)
McCray (Sr)
MCcloud (Sr)
McDaniel (Sr)
Cummings (Jr)
McAllister (Jr)
Jernigan (So)
Erving (So)
Lawrence-Stample (Fr is redshirts)
Newberry (Fr)
Mitchell (Fr)

That's exactly what we've discussed. FSU took 5 DT's last year alone to add to what they already have on the roster. That's not counting the 2 or 3 coming in with Justin if he goes there.

I mean if he wants to go there...ride the bench and learn, then more power to him...but TN offers so much more of a opportunity to get on the field earlier.

Some kids like to be able to take their time though and not get thrown into the mix early, which I understand.

Like Sentimore,
He is down to TN, Texas, and LSU

LSU is probably just as loaded as FL ST is at DT if not in better shape. If you want to see the field early why go there?

I think if you are kind and informing that could show him on FB that all Vol fans are like that, some kids may not like that but i would say some are flattered by it. I don't do it but it could help. JMO

I mean if he wants to go there...ride the bench and learn, then more power to him...but TN offers so much more of a opportunity to get on the field earlier.

Some kids like to be able to take their time though and not get thrown into the mix early, which I understand.

Immediate PT is exactly the point. The problem is he wants to go to college with his best friend from the Prattville D line and his friend wants to go to FSU. I think he would be a Vol if it wasnt for his friend. he still has plenty of time to think it thru and understand his chances for PT and getting to the NFL are far better at UT.

Last edited:

+1 thanks for sharing your info :thumbsup:

You forgot arrogant.

& lack of respect

Reactions: 1 person
Funny. I think pestering recruits on Facebook against the wishes of the University is disrespectful and straight up retarded. Congratulations, you got a recruit to tell you he was interested in your school to get you to shut up. Soak up the e-cred, brother.

Eddie Goldman's biggest recruiter..if EG lands at FSU its because of Shanks.

Exactly Shanks is in his ear hard to go to FSU.

Plus if Shanks was worried about PT at FSU why commit to them. Every other player that is ahead or coming in commited before him. He knew what he was getting into.

Now I am not saying Shanks will not change his mind but right now according to all his interviews he is solid to FSU and is recruiting for them hard.

I cant believe people are actually defending him for contacting Justin through FB and thinking its ok...

Funny. I think pestering recruits on Facebook against the wishes of the University is disrespectful and straight up retarded. Congratulations, you got a recruit to tell you he was interested in your school to get you to shut up. Soak up the e-cred, brother.

Keep rolling guy. You are burying yourself with remarks like this.

VN Store

Back