'11 MI WR DeAnthony Arnett - UT Commit

One thing UT's got going in it's favor is being the only SEC school among his favorites. A lot of recruits appreciate the value of playing for an SEC program of UT's stature. Good luck. He's a good one.

You are without a doubt - the nicest, most respectful Bama fan I have ever seen/heard/been in contact with.

This may sound like sour grapes.....but if this kid is dumb enough to WANT to attend USC in their situation, he is a moron. X and company are telling these freshmen it will only effect them for one year at most......however, I guess these kids arent smart enough to notice the REAL punishment is the loss of scholarships and the years it will take them to get over that personnel wise.

More than that, now we find out that the NCAA is investigating kiffin again, this time they are looking at his recruiting here at UT. Very bad news for Kiffin, and should be enough to make any kid steer clear of USC while he is there.

Unfortunately, the investigation centers on kiffin's recruiting efforts while at UT, so we are being investigated as an institution as well. The cloud may hang over us also.

mlsoft

More than that, now we find out that the NCAA is investigating kiffin again, this time they are looking at his recruiting here at UT. Very bad news for Kiffin, and should be enough to make any kid steer clear of USC while he is there.

Unfortunately, the investigation centers on kiffin's recruiting efforts while at UT, so we are being investigated as an institution as well. The cloud may hang over us also.

mlsoft

Just kiffins antics, nothing to do with UT as a school I thought...

Hopefully Kiffin doesn't offer his family a million dollar home in CA to live in for 3-4 years with $0 rent.

I saw him on ESPNU this morning doing an interview talking about social media. He said he likes to put things out there but never let them know. What you really thinking. I took it as the USC thing might be his cover for, and he's feeling another team. (UT)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You are without a doubt - the nicest, most respectful Bama fan I have ever seen/heard/been in contact with.
Thanks. I really do appreciate the hospitality I get here on VolNation too.

Rivalries can be fierce without all the petty hatin'. And they're a lot more enjoyable without that, IMO. Once upon a time, the Vols-Tide rivalry was one of great mutual respect -- respect that was as great as the intensity of the rivalry and the games -- because both programs were so strong and run with class and character.

The games were smash mouth at the highest level. :rock:

Coach Bryant had a great deal of respect for General Neyland and what he had built Tennessee's football program into. He used to say to his players "You'll find out what you're made of when we play Tennessee."

The respect back then wasn't just between the UA & UT coaches and their teams, but most UA & UT fans (at least most of the ones I knew and encountered) used to feel that way too. It'd be great to see our rivary head back in that direction.

That's a big reason why I'd like to see Coach Dooley succeed at getting UT's FB program back to its rightful place of competing for championships again. He seems to be first class. Y'all might be surprised how many Bama fans there are who feel the same way I do.

Last edited:

Rivalries can be fierce without all the petty hatin'. And they're a lot more enjoyable without that, IMO. Once upon a time, the Vols-Tide rivalry was one of great mutual respect -- respect that was as great as the intensity of the rivalry and the games -- because both programs were so strong and run with class and character.

Coach Bryant had a great deal of respect for General Neyland and what he had built Tennessee's football program into. He used to say to his players "You'll find out what you're made of when we play Tennessee."

The respect back then wasn't just between the UA & UT coaches and their teams, but most UA & UT fans (at least most of the ones I knew and encountered) used to feel that way too. It'd be great to see our rivary head back in that direction.

That's a big reason why I'd like to see Coach Dooley succeed at getting UT's FB program back to its rightful place of competing for championships again. He seems to be first class. Y'all might be surprised how many Bama fans there are who feel the same way I do.

I probably would be surprised. Most of the visitors to this page are classy. I am used to the ones who come to thumb their noses at us. Somehow, some :crazy: from Kentucky tried to argue that Tennessee winning 24 straight vs. KY did not mean that we owned them! Crap, I would sadly say as of now, Florida owns us. Hopefully the tide (orange not crimson) will turn soon. :eek:k:

I probably would be surprised. Most of the visitors to this page are classy. I am used to the ones who come to thumb their noses at us. Somehow, some :crazy: from Kentucky tried to argue that Tennessee winning 24 straight vs. KY did not mean that we owned them! Crap, I would sadly say as of now, Florida owns us. Hopefully the tide (orange not crimson) will turn soon. :eek:k:

Very well said post Nick. I agree in all points and F*** Kentucky. We own them clowns

I think if I had lost 24 to anyone, the last thing I would be doing is talking smack... or even visiting a rival's fan page. It's like running naked through a paddle parade... what the heck are you expecting to happen??? :spank:

I think if I had lost 24 to anyone, the last thing I would be doing is talking smack... or even visiting a rival's fan page. It's like running naked through a paddle parade... what the heck are you expecting to happen??? :spank:

Eggzacklee. I just hope we can keep the streak alive.

I'd love to see a return of those days. I met a guy at work who (I think) feels the same way you do. He said it was good for the SEC when UT is playing well. Nice guy too. He said he would even root some for UT when we were not playing Bama of course.

I'd love to see a return of those days. I met a guy at work who (I think) feels the same way you do. He said it was good for the SEC when UT is playing well. Nice guy too. He said he would even root some for UT when we were not playing Bama of course.
I'll be rootin' for the Vols against all OOC opponents and most SEC opponents. But, I must confess that I did not when Lil Lane was the HC.

I'll be rootin' for the Vols against all OOC opponents and most SEC opponents. But, I must confess that I did not when Lil Lane was the HC.

That was his sentiment as well. Most fans of other teams saw through Kiffin's antics. And rightfully so. It just took some of us a bit longer...

Yeah, it's hard to fault anyone for supporting their coach, even if they may not like everything he does. Bad hires happen. Lord knows Bama's made a few in-between Bryant, Stallings and Saban. I think Dooley is a good fit for UT and has the right core values, intelligence, expertise and leadership qualities to fully succeed in bringing UT "back," but it'll likely take four seasons to get all the way there. I think it would really be worth it for the fans and UT administration to give him the time and wholehearted support, because Dooley strikes me as one who just might be content to stay at UT for his entire HC career.

Last edited:
We were loyal to "our" guy. There's nothing wrong with that.

Oh I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, but wow. I almost expected to hear something stupid come out of Kif's mouth everyday. I supported him because he was our coach, but I wasn't proud to have him in that position most of the time.

VN Store

Back