Vols Switching to Nike?

Golly gee willikers, there sure are a bunch of silly geese in here. You guys are being a bunch of fuddy-duddies.

Not when you get the Nike marketing and hype vs the Adidas apathy.

Exactly. Plus like it or not, it's what most of the kids prefer. Do a sample polling of young college recruits and I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of them prefer Nike. Like I said before, I personally had no problem with the Adidas uniforms this past season and if UT decides to stay with them, I'm cool with it. However I can at least recognize the benefits of switching to Nike. Plus like I said before, I prefer Nike shoes and street apparel over Adidas.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't there been something mentioned about the use of Nike footballs and how kickers claim they travel better?

Exactly. Plus like it or not, it's what most of the kids prefer. Do a sample polling of young college recruits and I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of them prefer Nike. Like I said before, I personally had no problem with the Adidas uniforms this past season and if UT decides to stay with them, I'm cool with it. However I can at least recognize the benefits of switching to Nike. Plus like I said before, I prefer Nike shoes and street apparel over Adidas.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't there been something mentioned about the use of Nike footballs and how kickers claim they travel better?

I don't know if you have noticed or not but I have kids and the hottest brand going right now is Under Armour, all the kids are wearing their products all over the place.

Reading comprehension, anyone??? Take a good look at this that I'm about to quote. Read it, understand it. Nike's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN anytime soon. Can we PLEASE, for the love of all f*****g things holy, drop the subject??

Isn't there a wash on the market that removes sand from a vagina?

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know if you have noticed or not but I have kids and the hottest brand going right now is Under Armour, all the kids are wearing their products all over the place.

That's true. You don't see Nike much anymore. What time is the first playoff game tomorrow again?

Isn't there a wash on the market that removes sand from a vagina?

This topic is one more to add to the list of "things that Volnation is phenomenal at"........beating a dead horse till that SOB is down to the molecular level. If it's not Nike, it's Fulmer. If it's not Fulmer, it's something to do with James Franklin. If it's not Franklin, it's something to do with Lane Kiffin (ooooooh, I said the name of "he who shall not be named"!!!). If it's not Lane Kiffin (oops, did it again!!! I'm about to be perma-banned!!!), it's Nick Saban. FFS people, this topic has been all but disproven by someone that WORKS IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, yet you STILL belabor the point. Tell me why. Give me a good reason why this "SWITCH TO NIKE ERMAGHERD" topic is still relevant to ANYTHING related to Tennessee Football, and I'll put this entire thread on ignore, and you mouth-breathers can have your Happy Fun Time Land thread all to yourself without the threat of DeusExBoogeyman coming in here and tearing things up and making little Jonny cry.

Tell me why. Give me a good reason why this "SWITCH TO NIKE ERMAGHERD" topic is still relevant to ANYTHING related to Tennessee Football

Because the apparel is relevant to recruits. Last time I checked, we still have to convince 17 and 18 year olds to come here.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, I have addidas golf cleats, nike irons, and a TM driver (TM is addidas) and like them all. But I'm not 18 and unfortunately I'm not on Tennessee's recruiting radar.

You asked why this discussion is relevant, there is your answer

That's true. You don't see Nike much anymore. What time is the first playoff game tomorrow again?

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm? Please read my post again, I wasn't referring to uniforms, I was simply stating that Under Armour is the most popular with kids today.

football.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D382

Because the apparel is relevant to recruits. Last time I checked, we still have to convince 17 and 18 year olds to come here.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, I have addidas golf cleats, nike irons, and a TM driver (TM is addidas) and like them all. But I'm not 18 and unfortunately I'm not on Tennessee's recruiting radar.

Nope. We're still with Adidas, got what, the #3 class in the nation?? Yes, Alastupid has #1 and they're a Nike school.....but how much of that is "they wear Nike stuff", and how much of that is "oh, hey, national champions/Nick Saban". I'd be willing to believe that the needle is pegged out on the latter more than the former.

I forget who's #2 right now......

Reactions: 1 person
This topic is one more to add to the list of "things that Volnation is phenomenal at"........beating a dead horse till that SOB is down to the molecular level. If it's not Nike, it's Fulmer. If it's not Fulmer, it's something to do with James Franklin. If it's not Franklin, it's something to do with Lane Kiffin (ooooooh, I said the name of "he who shall not be named"!!!). If it's not Lane Kiffin (oops, did it again!!! I'm about to be perma-banned!!!), it's Nick Saban. FFS people, this topic has been all but disproven by someone that WORKS IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, yet you STILL belabor the point. Tell me why. Give me a good reason why this "SWITCH TO NIKE ERMAGHERD" topic is still relevant to ANYTHING related to Tennessee Football, and I'll put this entire thread on ignore, and you mouth-breathers can have your Happy Fun Time Land thread all to yourself without the threat of DeusExBoogeyman coming in here and tearing things up and making little Jonny cry.

You have the right to your opinion and I'm not the kind to ignore ppl because I don't like what you say or we disagree. My point is that it seems you are having a case of severe over reactions to many of the posts in this thread. It's the offseason, this kind of stuff is going to be brought up...and brought up....and brought up....But at this point, other than recruiting, what else is there to talk about? That is what the point of this board is IMO. Somewhere to come and shoot the bull. So It just seems to me if you hate these topics so bad, you might just want to avoid the thread.

Adidas spikes...I wear them. They are alright. Nike irons...garbage. Taylormade driver... the best. You are one set of TM (adidas) away from having a nice set up. :dance:

Valium.

Deus might be a bull in a china shop but he's right.

Nope. We're still with Adidas, got what, the #3 class in the nation?? Yes, Alastupid has #1 and they're a Nike school.....but how much of that is "they wear Nike stuff", and how much of that is "oh, hey, national champions/Nick Saban". I'd be willing to believe that the needle is pegged out on the latter more than the former.

I forget who's #2 right now......

If you buy into what deerpark says, coaches in all sports have been telling kids that we are going to switch to nike. If that is true, that adds to the point that the apparel provider is relevant.

You can stick your head in the ground if you like, but the reality is kids make big decisions for all kinds of reasons. Picking a school based on whether they gives you $1000 of free adidas gear or $1000 of free nike gear sounds silly to me, but again i'm not a kid anymore. And when I was a kid (about 15 years ago), I wouldn't wear anything but nike.

If you buy into what deerpark says, coaches in all sports have been telling kids that we are going to switch to nike. If that is true, that adds to the point that the apparel provider is relevant.

I haven't seen were DP has said that. Only that the coaches have told recruits that a switch is possible and will be announced after NSD iirc.

DP also stated that there is a significant difference in money being offered from Adidas and Nike. But a switch wouldn't surprise him. Fwiw I would rather stick with Adidas than be a second tier nike school.

VN Store

Back