Vols Switching to Nike?

Thx again for ur info DP. U know my feelings on hart and this situation. Just wondering how he expects to ask the regular everyday donor to donate when he, for his own personal gain, leaves as much money as he will on the table if he does the switch to Nike?!?!

If he does make the change i'll be rethinking continuing mine the day I get my hands on my Bristol game tix. Especially if in these times he slaps a long term partner that we have had a good relationship with for significantly less money, and control of our traditions. All for his own gain. This switch would make national news, and it will bring embarrassment to UT trying to justify it that's for sure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Control of our traditions? We played 2 games in alternate unis this past year. I know, grey was part of the uniform over 100 years ago. That's almost as bad as saying pink is now an official color because the players wore pink socks and wristbands against USC.

It's funny, I don't have near the issue with the grey unis as I did when UT broke out the black outline on the white jerseys before the 1994 S. Carolina game.

Also, I'm not sure it will be the national story as you seem to. It will barely get a mention and be forgotten about the next day.

Iirc, only top tier Nike schools get to have creative control over their uniforms. If we made the switch, would we decide what our uniforms look like or would Nike tell us what to wear? That is the biggest factor to me. I much prefer Nike fan gear but I like our uniform's classic look and Adidas let's us keep it. Will a deal with Nike do the same?

Anyone?

Suppose that would be negotiated in the contract...Im sure we would have control if we wanted it. Bama and Texas are good examples of "classic" styles to me. USC for that matter. BTW, you like the smokeys this year?

Michigan recently left Nike for Adidas. Nike trademarked the color Maize that Michigan used. Now Michigan has to use another yellow that's a little brighter. That's what I would fear. Could you imagine UT having to get a new official shade of "Tennessee" orange?

from what I've read by DP12 it's likely we would lose the level of control we have now with Adidas. We would not be viewed as one of their select premier teams and definitely would not get the attention from Nike that we do with Adidas.

Suppose that would be negotiated in the contract...Im sure we would have control if we wanted it. Bama and Texas are good examples of "classic" styles to me. USC for that matter. BTW, you like the smokeys this year?

UT would not be on the same tier as a bama or UTx

I did actually. I thought they looked pretty sharp.

from what I've read by DP12 it's likely we would lose the level of control we have now with Adidas. We would not be viewed as one of their select premier teams and definitely would not get the attention from Nike that we do with Adidas.

UT would not be on the same tier as a bama or UTx
That's what I was afraid of.

Nike requires their partner schools to participate in "pro Combat" and other promotional programs when asked a certain amount of times over the life of the contract.

It's become a little rarer the last couple of years.

The other thing they do is, they give the school 2-3 options for a uniform, and you have to pick. There's no "go back to the drawing board" like we have now. We would have to pick the lesser of the evils.

Our contract would be similar to the one that Ole Miss has. They take care of football, get a decent check, and the rest of the sports pretty much have to take what they get.

Nike requires their partner schools to participate in "pro Combat" and other promotional programs when asked a certain amount of times over the life of the contract.

It's become a little rarer the last couple of years.

The other thing they do is, they give the school 2-3 options for a uniform, and you have to pick. There's no "go back to the drawing board" like we have now. We would have to pick the lesser of the evils.

Our contract would be similar to the one that Ole Miss has. They take care of football, get a decent check, and the rest of the sports pretty much have to take what they get.

They must be pretty happy with that deal because didn't they just sign an extension that almost doubled their money?

I don't like other sports like Basketball having to settle.

Control of our traditions? We played 2 games in alternate unis this past year. I know, grey was part of the uniform over 100 years ago. That's almost as bad as saying pink is now an official color because the players wore pink socks and wristbands against USC.

It's funny, I don't have near the issue with the grey unis as I did when UT broke out the black outline on the white jerseys before the 1994 S. Carolina game.

Also, I'm not sure it will be the national story as you seem to. It will barely get a mention and be forgotten about the next day.

Tennessee changing uniform companies wouldn't make even a blip on the national radar. Maybe it's on the ESPN crawl for little awhile if it's an especially slow news day, but nobody cares.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee changing uniform companies wouldn't make even a blip on the national radar. Maybe it's on the ESPN crawl for little awhile if it's an especially slow news day, but nobody cares.

but THIS IS TENNESSEE.

The nation is waiting with baited breath for any kind of news about Tennessee. Haven't you heard? THIS IS TENNESSEE.

:)

but THIS IS TENNESSEE.

The nation is waiting with baited breath for any kind of news about Tennessee. Haven't you heard? THIS IS TENNESSEE.

:)

Soon! :hi:

Our Adidas unis are higher quality than anything Nike has. I've had people that play at Nike sponsored schools tell me this. Also Adidas is paying us a hell of a lot more right now than Nike would. We're really one of Adidas's only bigtime footprint schools in the country and I think one of the only in the SEC. They have Michgan, Notre Dame and some other big schools but not really a presence in the SEC. Adidas needs UT more than Nike needs UT. And they're paying more because of it.

Didn't ND switch to Nike as well? Pretty soon Adidas won't have anyone else.

VN Store

Back