Recruiting Forum: Football Talk VIII

Just beat a Bammer on NCAA14 to a score of 35-17. A pick six had me thinking how much better our secondary would be with a #24 on it. Yes. Eric Gordan pick six.

Anyone have an update on that guy?

My wife and kids took me to dinner tonight (Bob's Steak and Chop House) in Grapevine for my birthday.

On the way out, Jason Whitten is just sitting down...did not want to interrupt, so I quietly said, Go Vols! He stopped, turned toward me, said Always, then smiled.

I know, cool story bro. But you know what? I think it is...:)

It is also an omen of great portents for tomorrow...At least that is my opinion :hi:

Reactions: 17 people
My wife and kids took me to dinner tonight (Bob's Steak and Chop House) in Grapevine for my birthday.

On the way out, Jason Whitten is just sitting down...did not want to interrupt, so I quietly said, Go Vols! He stopped, turned toward me, said Always, then smiled.

It is also an omen of great portents for tomorrow...At least that is my opinion :hi:

I'll allow it.

I've been to Bob's a couple of times for business. The ribeye is unreal. I mean, any place that can make a carrot taste that good... just imagine what they do to a ribeye.

Did you have the glazed carrot Norm Hitzges always goes on about...Witten is so down to earth and unassuming...represents the Vols well...glad you enjoyed your birthday :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Today's the day. Bama's going down like a stripper on a poorly secured pole.

..(Halloween party I went to last night got a little crazy.)

It's GAMEDAY, Volnation!! I know our guys will come out and give 110% of maximum effort, so win or lose, I know we will all be proud of them at the end of the day. Let's take it to the elephants for 4 quarters, and shock the world! LET'S GO BOYS!!! GO VOLS!! RISE TO THE TOP!!

Reactions: 1 person
What a great day to be alive and well!!

I know many of you have worked yourself into expecting a win today. PLEASE don't take this game for more than it is. The state of our program 3yrs from now won't be changed by today win or lose. Getting last weeks win took care of the program changing game we desperately needed.

I know I am going to Enjoy today a hell of a lot more with this monkey off our back. If today doesn't go well then PLEASE don't get on here and act as if we aren't A run away train Rising To The Top because that's exactly what we are watching!

GBO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
<------

Still doesn't give a dam about the whole state of Alabama!

I'm from Tennessee!

Let's whip dat azz and get the red team out of their National Championship bid!

The only thing Alabama ever did was give McCarronn a hot girlfriend.

Reactions: 2 people
<------

Still doesn't give a dam about the whole state of Alabama!

I'm from Tennessee!

Let's whip dat azz and get the red team out of their National Championship bid!

The only thing Alabama ever did was give McCarronn a hot girlfriend.

...and TRich a nice suit and Mike Price an unforgettable night.

What a great day to be alive and well!!

I know many of you have worked yourself into expecting a win today. PLEASE don't take this game for more than it is. The state of our program 3yrs from now won't be changed by today win or lose. Getting last weeks win took care of the program changing game we desperately needed.

I know I am going to Enjoy today a hell of a lot more with this monkey off our back. If today doesn't go well then PLEASE don't get on here and act as if we aren't A run away train Rising To The Top because that's exactly what we are watching!

GBO!!!

Great Post

"It's probably been too many times to count that Jones and others around the program have stressed the family aspect and environment that is Jones' stated goal. Well, it's important to note it's a program which lives Jones' words. Every Monday night the football program has family night, where all coaches wives and children come to the Neyland-Thompson Sports Center for dinner and the kids are able to play on the indoor field.

Additionally, coaches' wives have been known to have baked goods in the positional meeting rooms and on Thursday this week, coaches' and support staff children dressed up for Halloween and passed around candy. Last Thursday, Jones hosted the seniors at his house for dinner.

Jones has also done all he can to get the team ready for crowd noise. One of the reasons Tennessee moved practice inside on Wednesday was to make it louder on the players as they had music and crowd noise from two different speaker systems and it's been relentless with all of the favorites from Bryant-Denny Stadium. When Jones was at Cincinnati to prepare for Neyland Stadium, he had Rocky Top played over 800 times during practice on game week."

-VQ

Lol, while at Cinncinati, Coach Jones brainwashed himself into loving Rocky Top...800 times and he became ready to give his all for Tennessee! Now he is :)

VN Store

Back