The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the Lofton and Smith years and then the Prince and Chism years...after that he got away from his style, that fast pace press, with guards that could shoot lights out. I miss that. I don't miss the undisciplined teams that dribbled the ball around until 10 seconds on the shot clock, then jack up a 3. I don't miss that. Yes Pearl got us to new heights, but he was slowly declining with recruiting and even his half court offense and defense.
He only coached one yr after prince and chism......that season he was in the process of being fired.

We need to hold this conversation until after the game today......let's beat Bama baby!!!

The greatest difference between Pearl and Martin may be that, even after having key players suspended, Pearl still won games while Martin has one starter out due to injury, but still can't figure out how to win. I think Bruce may have also had a better staff of assistant coaches than Cuonzo does now.

The greatest difference between Pearl and Martin may be that, even after having key players suspended, Pearl still won games while Martin has one starter out due to injury, but still can't figure out how to win. I think Bruce may have also had a better staff of assistant coaches than Cuonzo does now.

Ed, please don't point out facts.:)

Reactions: 1 person
This argument pisses me off to no end. Yea, we should have just waited two years and when Pearl returned we would have had zero talent. I guess I'm forgetting Pearl is a god and can win with a roster that would have zero recruited talent on it for two years if he had stayed. Pearl tanked us. He cheated and got caught and lied on top of that. He has zero integrity. He has a massive discipline problem and over half the recruits he obtained either got kicked off, arrested, or were total duds. You want to make this fair give Martin Lofton and Watson and see what happens. Don't give me this BS that Golden was Mr. Georgia basketball or Stokes was a five star player. Facts are, you take Stokes and Golden and ill take Lofton and lets see who wins more games. I like my chances, a lot. Get real people! Martin way not be the motivator or coach Pearl was, but at least he has some discipline. Martin is one shooter away from having something special here. One spot on shooter and I promise were are 13-4 right now instead of 9-8. Ole Miss proved what happens when you have a pure shooter.

I agree with you 100%

What bothers me is that this team this year is talented but not able to completely show it.

A couple points I'd like to make:

1. Bruce had a very minor violation, which he lies about. The whole "cheating" thing is a statement of ignorance. He lied, which was a stupid mistake because he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

2. I got tired of watching the team wait until under 10 in the shot clock too, but it is my belief that the investigation was a huge distraction, and the entire team was affected by it.

3. Bruce being fired lost money for the university. Heck, I just now heard the announcer in this Alabama game say that the building was dead. That didn't happen with Bruce.

4. I hate sports that don't involve a lot of scoring. It doesn't keep my attention. It's getting harder and harder to watch this current team.

#bruce2014

Last edited:
What bothers me is that this team this year is talented but not able to completely show it.

A couple points I'd like to make:

1. Bruce had a very minor violation, which he lies about. The whole "cheating" thing is a statement of ignorance. He lied, which was a stupid mistake because he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.
#bruce2014

He did cheat, there's much more than just handing kids a burger that went on.

Could it be possible that Cuonzo get's a couple of years to get it done, and if he doesn't, UT look at Bruce Pearl again? We obviously thrived under his system, and he loves Tennessee. NOTE** I'm not saying we need to fire CCM, it's just a question. The timing would seem about right. I'm all for CCM succeeding, but coaches are supposed to find a way to win, and this team looks LOST.

Didn't get caught until the BBQ. I know you're smarter than that bleeding. I know you don't believe top coaches in the country are squeaky clean.

Bruce did more than the usual. You said he didn't do things to cheat, that's false. He dd multiple things in his years that are classified as cheating to help his recruiting.

Facts are, you take Stokes and Golden and ill take Lofton and lets see who wins more games. I like my chances, a lot. Get real people! Martin way not be the motivator or coach Pearl was, but at least he has some discipline.

You take Martin, I'll take Pearl. We will see who wins more games.

What you said is not literally a fact. Here are literal facts:

Bruce beat the number one team in the country with 6 scholarship players. Bruce got a number 1 ranking to this school for the first time ever. Bruce went to the Elite 8, and was one stop away from a final four. By the way, he did it without Lofton. Bruce defeated Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, an NBA laden Florida team, an NBA laden Kentucky team, and continually challenged the top teams in th country. How many real facts do you want?

Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house friend. If you have never lied, if you have never broken any rules, then I apologize for my command, but there is no person on earth without sin. The good outweighs the bad. He raised a substantial amount of money for cancer with his Outlive program, he had his team visit hospitals several times a year, he packed the stands and got the curtain removed for the first time in God knows when. I mean, really, why are you people so bitter?

Bruce did more than the usual. You said he didn't do things to cheat, that's false. He dd multiple things in his years that are classified as cheating to help his recruiting.

Okay, I see what you are saying. I was merely referencing how people say he got fired because he cheated. He got fired because he lied.

You take Martin, I'll take Pearl. We will see who wins more games.

What you said is not literally a fact. Here are literal facts:

Bruce beat the number one team in the country with 6 scholarship players. Bruce got a number 1 ranking to this school for the first time ever. Bruce went to the Elite 8, and was one stop away from a final four. By the way, he did it without Lofton. Bruce defeated Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, an NBA laden Florida team, an NBA laden Kentucky team, and continually challenged the top teams in th country. How many real facts do you want?

Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house friend. If you have never lied, if you have never broken any rules, then I apologize for my command, but there is no person on earth without sin. The good outweighs the bad. He raised a substantial amount of money for cancer with his Outlive program, he had his team visit hospitals several times a year, he packed the stands and got the curtain removed for the first time in God knows when. I mean, really, why are you people so bitter?

The Pearl haters are like the people who go to church only so they can wear the church as a cloak of respectability.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, and while we're at it... Buzz can be his main assistant, also Kevin O'Neal is currently available; he could be the lead recruiter. Let's also bring back Fulmer, he can hire Johnny Majors as an assistant. How about Kiffin, Hamilton, or even Juicy Locke?

Sound ridiculous, OP? Good, now you know how the intelligent folks on the board see your post.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back