Rock painting

Idiots paint over it all the time. Most of he time it's the stupid sorority sluts.

I've already got the pic posted on my Twitter. I have several followers. Maybe it'll pickup steam.

Compliance has to have it painted when recruits names are painted on it when they're in for visits. Painting the rock publicizes the visit, which is an NCAA violation.

Compliance has to have it painted when recruits names are painted on it when they're in for visits. Painting the rock publicizes the visit, which is an NCAA violation.

No violation. The University has nothing to do with the painting. Simply fans making their mark.

No way the AD sends someone out at 1am to paint the rock gray.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year, sorority girls painted it right after Ertel did his work. I believe Gibbs Hall Guy guarded it for a while.

And after we got turned in by another school for a similar picture being tweeted out by a recruit last year, UT absolutely has someone on call to paint over it at 1 AM.

I apologize for the lack of pics, but I can say that the names of the recruits were painted over. Fortunately, there were about 4-5 VFLs on scene to rectify the situation. Maybe armed guards should be employed next time. I have no idea what would motivate someone to deface the life blood of this university, but hopefully it won't happen again.

I apologize for the lack of pics, but I can say that the names of the recruits were painted over. Fortunately, there were about 4-5 VFLs on scene to rectify the situation. Maybe armed guards should be employed next time. I have no idea what would motivate someone to deface the life blood of this university, but hopefully it won't happen again.

I'll slap a b**** if need be.

Reactions: 2 people

Compliance has to have it painted over when recruits names are painted on it when they're in for visits. Painting the rock publicizes the visit, which is an NCAA violation. We have been turned in by other schools for this before. In fact, UT Compliance actively discourages fans from paint recruits' names on it for this very reason:

"@UTCompliance
UT fans: NCAA rules prohibit publicizing a recruit's visit to campus. This includes making signs or painting the rock."

https://twitter.com/UTCompliance/status/132539641772511232

Reactions: 2 people
Too late. It's painted and all over Twitter right now.

For the record, if that's true, it's idiotic. I'm researching tomorrow to get a ruling. Recruiting visits are common knowledge. We're not breaking any news here. So it's 'illegal' for unaffiliated fans to paint a rock or create a sign (or whatever) to show support? I'm just not buying this being any sort of infraction (even minor).

And after we got turned in by another school for a similar picture being tweeted out by a recruit last year, UT absolutely has someone on call to paint over it at 1 AM.

Have to agree. Sounds plausible. Ok guys let's turn to social media cause that's all we have. Hopefully older guys tell them the significance of it and the thought will be what counts.....

Too late. It's painted and all over Twitter right now.

For the record, if that's true, it's idiotic. I'm researching tomorrow to get a ruling. Recruiting visits are common knowledge. We're not breaking any news here. So it's 'illegal' for unaffiliated fans to paint a rock or create a sign (or whatever) to show support? I'm just not buying this being any so of infraction (even minor).

Yes, it is. Same reason compliance had to monitor the signs when we hosted College Gameday back in September.

You can disagree with it all you want, but it is against the rules and we have had to self-report this violation before. The problem is, when you repeat the same secondary violation more than once, consequences will eventually be more severe.

Compliance has to have it painted over when recruits names are painted on it when they're in for visits. Painting the rock publicizes the visit, which is an NCAA violation. We have been turned in by other schools for this before. In fact, UT Compliance actively discourages fans from paint recruits' names on it for this very reason:

"@UTCompliance
UT fans: NCAA rules prohibit publicizing a recruit's visit to campus. This includes making signs or painting the rock."

https://twitter.com/UTCompliance/status/132539641772511232

It wasn't "compliance" that painted it over. There was some sort of non-football related message on it that was indecipherable due to the fact that the original rock painters apparently returned and began to white wash it again.

Ok so the rest of the message remained and the other people added the names back or what?

Ok so the rest of the message remained and the other people added the names back or what?

You painted it, some sorority girls or other airheads painted over the ENTIRE message. Currently, there are some VFLs on scene white washing the entire rock again to re-paint it. Sorry for the confusion. When I said "the names of the recruits", I meant the enire recruiting message. I wasn't even thinking about NCAA violations and someone only painting over the names.

That's a really ignorant rule and the NCAA needs to change that crap especially since painting the rock is a well known tradition.

Great job and THANKS for the work you put in!!!

Dear NCAA,

watch this bird fly you morons ..!..

VFL...GBO!!!

You painted it, some sorority girls or other airheads painted over the ENTIRE message. Currently, there are some VFLs on scene white washing the entire rock again to re-paint it. Sorry for the confusion. When I said "the names of the recruits", I meant the enire recruiting message. I wasn't even thinking about NCAA violations and someone only painting over the names.

No prob man thanks for the diligence. Glad someone out there has our backs. I wonder if it's anyone from here? Maybe Gibbs hall guy and his buddies or hvillecommando? They've helped before and would k ow what was happening since they're both members and students

VN Store

Back