Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
reading comp people...

im saying it would make sense if he was gay to come up with this hoax. little elaborate, and was found out in the end, but i can see it at least attempted

and good god man, take a f-ing chill pill...of course being gay would hurt everything you just mentioned, and thats a plausible reason to why it has happened...we don't know yet though, havent even heard from te'o yet, so at this point we're all jumping the gun

Dude, you asked what religion had to do with it. I answered your question. Maybe you need the reading comp lessons. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question.
And I'm plenty chill in response to your second smartass comment. This stuff is hilarious.

Reactions: 1 person
Watch the movie catfish and the tv show and SEE IT! It happens....now these people who create fake profiles and lead people on how many of them tell their parents or close friends that they do have this whole other fake life where they lead people on

That has nothing to do with a generation gap. Its more to to with common sense, and the younger you are, generally, the less you have.

the situation depicted him as having high character. which he doesn't.

how does "someone close" to you dying have anything to do with character? because he didn't go kill some hookers in his distraught state? let's not forget too that his grandmother died close to the same time so if any sympathy was gained who's to say g-ma had nothing to do with it

Dude, you asked what religion had to do with it. I answered your question. Maybe you need the reading comp lessons. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question.
And I'm plenty chill in response to your second smartass comment. This stuff is hilarious.

i asked what religion had to do with it because, and correct me if im wrong here, but religions and religious people in this country do generally frown upon homosexuality...i wanted to know what made it special bc he's mormon

and as for the second smart ass comment: i was not trying to start anything here, that's just how i talk...your response had an insanely unreasonable amount of question marks so i thought id have some fun...joking and sarcasm can lose its tone on the internets

Last edited:
i asked what religion had to do with it because, and correct me if im wrong here, but religions and religious people in this country do generally frown upon homosexuality...i wanted to know what made it special bc he's mormon

and as for thew second smart ass comment: i was not trying to start anything here, that's just how i talk...your response had an insanely unreasonable amount of question marks so i thought id have some fun...joking and sarcasm can lose its tone on the internets

No problem. I thought you were questioning what religion had to do with it and I thought it was a silly question. Prolly why I went on a ? rant. No biggie.
In reality, I can't stop talking about it and laughing.

ndfakegirlfriend.gif

I'd be careful about saying anything absolute at this point.

being gullible is part of not having character. if you are saying things and doing things that are based on complete lies and you can't ever figure it out then it's an issue. character means having the ability to connect the dots and tell the truth. even if it means giving upsetting news. t'eo has no character. whether he lied or didn't know any better.

reading comp people...

im saying it would make sense if he was gay to come up with this hoax. little elaborate, and was found out in the end, but i can see it at least attempted

and good god man, take a f-ing chill pill...of course being gay would hurt everything you just mentioned, and thats a plausible reason to why it has happened...we don't know yet though, havent even heard from te'o yet, so at this point we're all jumping the gun

That NEVER happens here on VN!!!

Court of public opinion has weighed in. Guilty of course.

WE know!

being gullible is part of not having character. if you are saying things and doing things that are based on complete lies and you can't ever figure it out then it's an issue. character means having the ability to connect the dots and tell the truth. even if it means giving upsetting news. t'eo has no character. whether he lied or didn't know any better.

Being gullible has zero to do with one's character.

Being gullible has zero to do with one's character.

I don't know which one to believe!

I usually believe anything anybody tells me.

Help me out here!

I don't think he was in on it. My assessment was that it was real in his eyes, and the moment he found out it wasn't, he was so ashamed that he just went along with it. Online dating is the new gay, in terms of almost feeling ashamed to admit it to those around you. You'll think of almost any other way you can tell your friends about the person you're talking to.

No problem. I thought you were questioning what religion had to do with it and I thought it was a silly question. Prolly why I went on a ? rant. No biggie.
In reality, I can't stop talking about it and laughing.

:hi: no problem here

and ya, this has to be the most hilarious and bizarre story i've heard in cfb...enjoying the ridiculous nature of how this is all unfolding, and it'll only get better

I don't think he was in on it. My assessment was that it was real in his eyes, and the moment he found out it wasn't, he was so ashamed that he just went along with it. Online dating is the new gay, in terms of almost feeling ashamed to admit it to those around you. You'll think of almost any other way you can tell your friends about the person you're talking to.

Ok, but that still means at some point he was in on it and continued to perpetuate the lie.

Ok, but that still means at some point he was in on it and continued to perpetuate the lie.

I believe that he only learned of it within the last couple weeks. I don't think he found out before the Heisman or any awards came out.

I voted no because I think he got caught up in the media hype surrounding the story. I have my doubts he made the story up to win the Heisman or increase his draft stock. The whole internet relationship is plausible. However, I think he should have been up front concerning the type of relationship he had with the "girl" when it was announced that she died.

for the most part i think this is the most logical reasoning, minus the part he wasnt in on it. he may not have been behind starting/setting it all up but he did nothing to shut it down which leaves him in on it

I believe that he only learned of it within the last couple weeks. I don't think he found out before the Heisman or any awards came out.

He didn't want to read her obituary?
He didn't know who or how to send Flowers?
Notre Dame Grads aren't very smart.

Sorta like Forest Gump from Bama.............

for the most part i think this is the most logical reasoning, minus the part he wasnt in on it. he may not have been behind starting/setting it all up but he did nothing to shut it down which leaves him in on it

exactly...i remember his gf being mentioned multiple times leading up to the NC, if you truly want to make things right you don't just sit there and let it keep building up

how would someone not know if their girlfriend is real or not?

In that case....I have a girlfriend, she also goes to Stanford

VN Store

Back