Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
who the hell sits on a phone talking and praying for hours and hours throughout the night, day after day, for weeks, maybe months, for a damn hoax.
Gotta be kidding me.
Like I said, if they investigated, then they should have phone records for those conversations and they should know who was supposedly on the other end of the line, if those calls even ever happened.
If they did, we should hear the name of the girl on the other line within 24 hours. My guess is we won't hear anything.
Agree. This just shouldn't be that hard to clear up.

This is like something that would happen if George Costanza played MLB for Notre Dame.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that he was duped, but it just doesn't look quite right. My biggest holdup is that the most likely operator of the fake Twitter account (Tuiasosopo) is a friend of Te'o. Of course we don't know the nature of their relationship, but it seems more like the actions of a 4chan native than a friend of his family.

yea but didn't they supposedly meet after a Stanford game ?

The biggest thing is there is a disconnect between the older generation and the younger generation...where nowadays the younger crowd knows about this internet stuff and knows it happens and the older crowd is having a hard time believing this type of stuff happens...when it does in fact happen

im 21 and im rather skeptical of this whole situation...

i cannot understand how someone could be duped like this, or why a star LB at ND who has apparently been "hooking up" with girls on campus has a long distance gf...things like this may happen, but i don't see how the hell it does

If Manti can produce a credit card statement that shows he bought flowers for the girl's funeral, then I'm willing to believe him.

If not, then he was in on it.

Pretty easy to clear that up.

If Manti can produce a credit card statement that shows he bought flowers for the girl's funeral, then I'm willing to believe him.

I'm sure he paid cash and lost the receipt.

yea but didn't they supposedly meet after a Stanford game ?

Yes and that's clearly fake. What's not clear is where that story came from, I think it was published in the South Bend Tribune but is no longer on their website. So we don't know if a reporter invented the story or if Te'o told it to them.

Here's my theory. He is gay. Didn't want his buddies knowing so he came up with a fake girlfriend. One lie lead to another and he kills her off.
Local media gets the story and it takes off nationally, so he roles with it thinking no big deal it will blow over by the end of the year. Then all the hiesman stuff started and he was to committed not to role with it and mess up his chances.
Just a theory.

We have no further comments on this situation and consider it closed

they had a heisman voter on espn. he said he wanted his vote back because he was swayed by the sympathy to give t'eo the vote. so it is proven he had legit reason to lie for heisman exposure. he was the most decorated defense person in cfb history! if nothing else is true this is evidence proof he had reason.

this is just evidence that this guy should never be allowed to vote again if he's voting for a heisman winner based on sympathy for him

Yes and that's clearly fake. What's not clear is where that story came from, I think it was published in the South Bend Tribune but is no longer on their website. So we don't know if a reporter invented the story or if Te'o told it to them.

:loco:
so now we potentially have a lie, within a lie, within a lie...nice

so you think what I said is BS?? HAHA okay talk to older people and see what they say about it

yes, i think you saying younger people understand that a 3 yr relationship with the "love of my life" girlfriend suffering from leukemia, whom he never met, that involves lying to everyone around you, including after she supposedly died, happens all the time, is a joke.
If manti was gullible, you are right behind him.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's my theory. He is gay. Didn't want his buddies knowing so he came up with a fake girlfriend. One lie lead to another and he kills her off.
Local media gets the story and it takes off nationally, so he roles with it thinking no big deal it will blow over by the end of the year. Then all the hiesman stuff started and he was to committed not to role with it and mess up his chances.
Just a theory.

And he's Mormon. Can't be Mormon and Gay.

Just a theory.

ok about half of these posts on here blame it on him because he's gay. did this rumor start here or was this reported somewhere else

SBT reported today that they got that piece of info from Teo's dad.

A 3 year relationship with a internet GF. I immediately called BS. Not sure about how religious he is but I've met a few hard core young bible thumpers in my day where this would be plausible.

they had a heisman voter on espn. he said he wanted his vote back because he was swayed by the sympathy to give t'eo the vote. so it is proven he had legit reason to lie for heisman exposure. he was the most decorated defense person in cfb history! if nothing else is true this is evidence proof he had reason.

Said heisman voter should be stripped of his voting privileges

says who?

not saying he is or isn't but what does his religion have to do with this? plenty of gay people in all walks of life

Did not mean it that way. Mormons just don't like it. It would be tough to be Mormon and out of the closet.

VN Store

Back