Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
says who?

not saying he is or isn't but what does his religion have to do with this? plenty of gay people in all walks of life

seriously? You think the church would welcome him in? You think the NFL would welcome him in? Sponsors? Would he be in heisman running? Would ND have his back?
His name and career would be tarnished. I didn't make the rules. It is what it is, and when looking at all angles, I think one would be amiss if not looking at this particular angle and the affect it would have if someone of his stature came out during a Heisman campaign with the #1 team in the country.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's my theory. He is gay. Didn't want his buddies knowing so he came up with a fake girlfriend. One lie lead to another and he kills her off.
Local media gets the story and it takes off nationally, so he roles with it thinking no big deal it will blow over by the end of the year. Then all the hiesman stuff started and he was to committed not to role with it and mess up his chances.
Just a theory.

I think that's one of the more plausible theories. I could see it also as a hoax where someone was trying to damage his reputation. The whole thing about someone saying (I think it was Notre Dame) that it wasn't criminal yet, but had the potential to become extortion.......what if the guy had been sending nudie pics and having dirty sex talk through emails? Maybe he figured something was off and kept rolling with it out of fear that stuff would be released?

Dan Patrick just pointed out how odd it was that nobody got a comment from her parents about T'eo when she died.

Did not mean it that way. Mormons just don't like it. It would be tough to be Mormon and out of the closet.

which would make perfect sense to come up with a story like this...no one would question him

not trying to jump to conclusions here, just trying to get at every angle/not pay attention to my professor

I think that's one of the more plausible theories. I could see it also as a hoax where someone was trying to damage his reputation. The whole thing about someone saying (I think it was Notre Dame) that it wasn't criminal yet, but had the potential to become extortion.......what if the guy had been sending nudie pics and having dirty sex talk through emails? Maybe he figured something was off and kept rolling with it out of fear that stuff would be released?

Plausible theory.

One would have to assume that Te'o told him. The only other option is that his dad was in on the hoax.

Which either way would put Manti in on it as well, unless the dad's role in the hoax was to convince his own son that Lennay Kekua was his real Internet girlfriend. Seems unlikely.

If a tree falls in a forest, and no one's around, does it kill Lennay Kekua?

No, and she didn't die of Leukemia either....

She reportedly fell off of some tower while watching her boyfriend practice.

It just adds to the cover up.

Good thing her parents didn't exist, or there would have been a lawsuit.

No. The Heisman voter is just an idiot. :lol:

What I meant was, I don't think the intent was really to perpetrate an elaborate hoax starting 3 years ago for a Heisman candidacy this year. I think he got duped and went overboard trying to save face and it all got out of control. The key though is when did he know he was being duped?

when he started getting all the hype from espn and the interviews and it was obviuos he was up for the heisman he had the opportunity to defuse this back then. he wanted all of this.

saying it's because he's gay is an even dumber reason than saying he was trying to sway heisman votes and raise his draft stock

Not dumb at all. People will go to great lengths to cover their homosexualality up. My guess would be even greater when being Mormon at a Catholic University and on the Football team.

Reactions: 1 person
seriously? You think the church would welcome him in? You think the NFL would welcome him in? Sponsors? Would he be in heisman running? Would ND have his back?
His name and career would be tarnished. I didn't make the rules. It is what it is, and when looking at all angles, I think one would be amiss if not looking at this particular angle and the affect it would have if someone of his stature came out during a Heisman campaign with the #1 team in the country.

reading comp people...

im saying it would make sense if he was gay to come up with this hoax. little elaborate, and was found out in the end, but i can see it at least attempted

and good god man, take a f-ing chill pill...of course being gay would hurt everything you just mentioned, and thats a plausible reason to why it has happened...we don't know yet though, havent even heard from te'o yet, so at this point we're all jumping the gun

yes, i think you saying younger people understand that a 3 yr relationship with the "love of my life" girlfriend suffering from leukemia, whom he never met, that involves lying to everyone around you, including after she supposedly died, happens all the time, is a joke.
If manti was gullible, you are right behind him.

Watch the movie catfish and the tv show and SEE IT! It happens....now these people who create fake profiles and lead people on how many of them tell their parents or close friends that they do have this whole other fake life where they lead people on

i get that, i'm talking about people legitimately believing something that has no merit at all and is not shown to have anything to do with this at all

it makes about as much sense as dating someone online for 3 years and never meeting them in person...all im saying is at this point, anything is possible

VN Store

Back