Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
I believe that he only learned of it within the last couple weeks. I don't think he found out before the Heisman or any awards came out.

Then that directly refutes what Jack Swarbrick said last night. He said that Te'o got the call during the award week.

how would someone not know if their girlfriend is real or not?

In that case....I have a girlfriend, she also goes to Stanford

It's the classic middle schooler "I've got a girlfriend, she just goes to another school so that's why you haven't met her" prank, just applied on a national level.

The media probably blew it out of proportion to begin with just for a story. Whether he was in on it or not is pie in their face. Should've did a bit more research on the other end.

The media probably blew it out of proportion to begin with just for a story. Whether he was in on it or not is pie in their face. Should've did a bit more research on the other end.

That's the hardest thing to believe. It's unconscionable that nobody spent a few minutes looking for an obituary, funeral notice, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe not, but not going to see the supposed love of your life who is battling leukemia and on her death bed after already being in a car wreck shows enough for me.

Oh, there's no doubt that it looks really, really sketchy. Just pointing out that judging character based on intelligence doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

That's the hardest thing to believe. It's unconscionable that nobody spent a few minutes looking for an obituary, funeral notice, etc.

was not paying full attention when i saw this so forgive me if im wrong, but last night i thought i heard gene wo on espn say he did try to find an obituary etc...however, once he couldn't find one he just thought "o that's strange," never thought about looking into it...

if that's the case then this stupidity falls on so many more people than just te'o

was not paying full attention when i saw this so forgive me if im wrong, but last night i thought i heard gene wo on espn say he did try to find an obituary etc...however, once he couldn't find one he just thought "o that's strange," never thought about looking into it...

if that's the case then this stupidity falls on so many more people than just te'o

Amazing. They were told not to contact parents and you can't find any record of the death . . . yet they ran with the story. :wacko:

and they are going to be unforgiven in covering this investigation because they gave the benefit of the doubt. and in investigating no telling what things come up that not only proves what actually happened, but also whatever else is out there that may not even be related to the story.

Amazing. They were told not to contact parents and you can't find any record of the death . . . yet they ran with the story. :wacko:

like i said, i was not paying full attention (was on while doing schoolwork) so don't quote me on that...but ya, if that is indeed the case some people in the media ought to be put on publication probation or some ish...not that hard to fact check on things like this, and i say that as a student pursuing a communications minor who has had to cover sports for class :no:

how would someone not know if their girlfriend is real or not?

In that case....I have a girlfriend, she also goes to Stanford

........... & she is SMOKIN' HOT!
........... & rich
........... & "Talented" if you know what I mean.

If there weren't interview with him and his family saying that they met Lennay then I might believe he was duped.

But if you look at the facts, his father claims to have met Lennay, he originally claimed he met Lennay at a Stanford game in 2009. Then he said he met her online???

The story keep changing, that's the mark of a clear liar.

Reactions: 2 people
like i said, i was not paying full attention (was on while doing schoolwork) so don't quote me on that...but ya, if that is indeed the case some people in the media ought to be put on publication probation or some ish...not that hard to fact check on things like this, and i say that as a student pursuing a communications minor who has had to cover sports for class :no:

the professionals didn't want to. they felt they had enough. honestly if we get back to real journalism a whole lot will be exposed on players.

the professionals didn't want to. they felt they had enough. honestly if we get back to real journalism a whole lot will be exposed on players.

yep real journalism is dead, and not just in sports. now it's all about the story and getting ratings...i for one am completely fed up with it, and that's why im getting a comm minor with my major, to help me see through the BS they call journalism

yep real journalism is dead, and not just in sports. now it's all about the story and getting ratings...i for one am completely fed up with it, and that's why im getting a comm minor with my major, to help me see through the BS they call journalism

and Notre Dame needs to be careful how they cover this. If they knew anything and went to cover it up, then the media will and should bury them.

VN Store

Back