Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP lived up to the hype and honestly I don't think we would have best state without him. I wish him nothing but the best in the NFL

Lol.

Do you think D.Thomas is a fully polished WR?

I think he knows routes and reads well enough that Peyton can trust him. CP is a ways off from that IMO. ZRo was an exaggeration, but I really think Peyton would choose a more polished WR over the freak athlete who won't always run the right route.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he knows routes and reads well enough that Peyton can trust him. CP is a ways off from that IMO. ZRo was an exaggeration, but I really think Peyton would choose a more polished WR over the freak athlete who won't always run the right route.

Just tell him to run as fast as he can towards the endzone, and Peyton will get the ball to him. Simple.

Can somebody please explain to me how Brian Kelly can leave the Notre Dame job and go anywhere in the NFL and have it not be a lateral move at best? I hate ND with a deep-seeded blinding rage, but let’s face it: it’s one of the best jobs in football-any level. So you’d leave a place where 5-star recruits are-quite literally-praying to get to play there to be the head coach of Arizona? That’s a step up?

Can somebody please explain to me how Brian Kelly can leave the Notre Dame job and go anywhere in the NFL and have it not be a lateral move at best? I hate ND with a deep-seeded blinding rage, but let’s face it: it’s one of the best jobs in football-any level. So you’d leave a place where 5-star recruits are-quite literally-praying to get to play there to be the head coach of Arizona? That’s a step up?

The days of Notre Dame dominating football is way over. They had a good year, pretty much tapped out if you ask me. If he likes college football, he stays, but he has to face the idea that ND is basically tapped out.

The days of Notre Dame dominating football is way over. They had a good year, pretty much tapped out if you ask me. If he likes college football, he stays, but he has to face the idea that ND is basically tapped out.

I hate Notre Dame and would like to think they are "tapped out" but they are number 1 in recruiting. If Kelly stays then they will probably be around for some time. No, not dominant but a strong national factor.

Reactions: 1 person
So, the Eagles and Brian Kelly are talking. If Butch Jones were to keep following Kelly(He won't), but if he did, would we be hearing Gruden rumors again?

Lol how much you bet the OGS come out and say guys it's true we told you it was an amazing smokescreen. Then notre dame will hire James Franklin and they go back to hiding until butch jones retires and gruden is 80 and they recreate the grumor thread again

I hate Notre Dame and would like to think they are "tapped out" but they are number 1 in recruiting. If Kelly stays then they will probably be around for some time. No, not dominant but a strong national factor.

It's more than just recruits. The SEC gives SEC teams an advantage by giving them rough and tough competition week after week and year after year. Just think of the games that player who a RS freshman till they are a junior or senior at say Bama or LSU or Florida, etc. is involved in.... all those hard nose games that players elsewhere do not experience.

There is college football and then there is SEC football.

Bray's best play all year IMO. His block allowed CP to make his cut back up the field.

FYI, I know that Bray had a statistically good year, but I just didn't feel his play this year. He had great games against non-SEC teams, and fair to bad games against SEC teams, especially late in games.

Wow, I've watched that play 1,000 times and I never noticed Bray's block...thanks for pointing that out. I think I was always just drooling watching CP accelerate and never paid attention to anything else.

In the tunnel... 2013 BCS National Championship - YouTube

This is what I am talking about. Look at the size of the Bama players versus the size of the ND players.... you can judge by just scanning the ND players at the end the pure difference. Add on top off that, the week in and week out grind of the SEC.

I liked what the coach of Oregon said after the LSU games last year. "We just don't grow them up here like that." in reference to the size of LSU

In the tunnel... 2013 BCS National Championship - YouTube

This is what I am talking about. Look at the size of the Bama players versus the size of the ND players.... you can judge by just scanning the ND players at the end the pure difference. Add on top off that, the week in and week out grind of the SEC.

I liked what the coach of Oregon said after the LSU games last year. "We just don't grow them up here like that." in reference to the size of LSU

This is so true. Then add in that the elite SEC team speed is faster as well. They are just at a different level than everyone else. So when the national media talking heads start the drumbeat for other parts of the country just enjoy a good laugh. They are just trying to convince themselves, nobody from SEC territory will buy it. It's just a figment of their imagination.

Oregon is a successful "system" program. Design schemes to combat their system with superior athletes and they are helpless. Nobody else is capable on a consistent basis even if they recruited similar athletes because they cannot match the weekly grind of the SEC that prepares the elite teams for everything that can happen.

But it is also why it will take a long time for our Vols to return to the top. The past 5-10 years we have been waundering in the wilderness and have lost so much ground against the best.

If you go look at ND starting front 7, they are actually bigger than Bama's. ND's starting Dlineman are all 300+. The difference was with a few of Bama's Oline, mainly Warmack, Fluker, and Cyrus K.

Just tell him to run as fast as he can towards the endzone, and Peyton will get the ball to him. Simple.

That sounds very good until you come up against NFL CBs and Safeties who are just as big as you are and can run with you....not to mention have ways of keeping you from getting off the line of scrimmage.

Don't misunderstand me--CP is a monster talent and has a lot of ability--but compare his stats against UGA, FL, USCe, and Bama this year vs. NC State, Akron, Georgia State, etc...etc... and you get a better picture of what it's gonna be like in the NFL for him.

CP is a much better RETURN man than he is a receiver. I do believe he will go late 1st Round or early 2nd round in draft. :salute:

If you go look at ND starting front 7, they are actually bigger than Bama's. ND's starting Dlineman are all 300+. The difference was with a few of Bama's Oline, mainly Warmack, Fluker, and Cyrus K.

Maybe bigger, but slower and not better. Teo was exposed agaisnt Bama--as a lot of people are. Teo is a great feel good story and a young man of extremely good character, but sadly overrated. ND's #89, 9, & 7 didn't really do a whole lot during the game. Bama's OLine didn't pancake them or really drive them 5 yds down field--but they did block them and beat them up.

Ogletree from UGa is WAY better than Teo...CJ Mosely & Niko Johnson are way better than him....AJ Johnson is a better run stopper than him--and MANY LBs in the SEC are better. I don't even think Teo was as good as Austin Johnson was for us at middle LB last year.

ND was just overrated, but young this year, and had no significant depth on the DLine. I don't think they could beat Oregon, Ohio State, LSU, USCe, Fla, UGA, Fl State, or even Stanford on a neutral field. And Clemson would have given them a run for their money. JMO...:salute:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back