Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go look at ND starting front 7, they are actually bigger than Bama's. ND's starting Dlineman are all 300+. The difference was with a few of Bama's Oline, mainly Warmack, Fluker, and Cyrus K.

A Bammer fan not mentioning Barrett Jones as a key OLineman?

Can somebody please explain to me how Brian Kelly can leave the Notre Dame job and go anywhere in the NFL and have it not be a lateral move at best? I hate ND with a deep-seeded blinding rage, but let’s face it: it’s one of the best jobs in football-any level. So you’d leave a place where 5-star recruits are-quite literally-praying to get to play there to be the head coach of Arizona? That’s a step up?

What the Hell Notre Dame are you talking about? Have you been frozen for the last 30 years?

Reactions: 1 person
Can somebody please explain to me how Brian Kelly can leave the Notre Dame job and go anywhere in the NFL and have it not be a lateral move at best? I hate ND with a deep-seeded blinding rage, but let’s face it: it’s one of the best jobs in football-any level. So you’d leave a place where 5-star recruits are-quite literally-praying to get to play there to be the head coach of Arizona? That’s a step up?

there are only 32 NFL jobs - if you want to compete against the best of the best and prove yourself at the highest level then you have to try the NFL - simple as that

its also not like if he failed at the NFL that there wouldnt be plenty of top-notch colleges that would move heaven and earth to get him on board

Originally Posted by d3ft punk
The NFL is the ultimate league of talent and coaching. It is the goal that most coaches aspire to reach.

If you go look at ND starting front 7, they are actually bigger than Bama's. ND's starting Dlineman are all 300+. The difference was with a few of Bama's Oline, mainly Warmack, Fluker, and Cyrus K.

Size not weight, not even close between the two teams. I stopped looking at reported physical stats on game guides or recruiting sites the day I stood next to JC Copeland.

We don't need players like that. He only went 100% against Bama.

Based on what?

Just because he was more motivated to show up our biggest rival, which also happened to be his former team, does not indicate he played half assed verses the rest of the schedule.

Seriously sick of seeing our players get bashed for something as stupid as they opted for the NFL verses meeting with a new coaching staff that they knew would never coach them.

If he actually came out and said something derogatory about the University, then you have a beef but...nothing has been said, that we know of, yet people make assumptions based on a very small piece of information?

smdh

Last edited:
That sounds very good until you come up against NFL CBs and Safeties who are just as big as you are and can run with you....not to mention have ways of keeping you from getting off the line of scrimmage.

Don't misunderstand me--CP is a monster talent and has a lot of ability--but compare his stats against UGA, FL, USCe, and Bama this year vs. NC State, Akron, Georgia State, etc...etc... and you get a better picture of what it's gonna be like in the NFL for him.

CP is a much better RETURN man than he is a receiver. I do believe he will go late 1st Round or early 2nd round in draft. :salute:

Absolutely correct. The very best thing that could happen for Patterson's professional development would be for him to fall to No. 32 in the draft and be picked by the Broncos. If there is anyone who can motivate him to perfect his craft as a receiver, it would be Peyton.

Based on what?

Just because he was more motivated to show up our biggest rival, which also happened to be his former team, does not indicate he played half assed verses the rest of the schedule.

Seriously sick of seeing our players get bashed for something as stupid as they opted for the NFL verses meeting with a new coaching staff that they knew would never coach them.

If he actually came out and said something derogatory about the University, then you have a beef but...nothing has been said, that we know of, yet people make assumptions based on a very small piece of information?

smdh

If he played that way against Bama, and one of the best offensive lines in the league, he should be playing like that every game, no? The fact he wouldn't meet with his new coach speaks volumes. Give him a chance, at least.

If he played that way against Bama, and one of the best offensive lines in the league, he should be playing like that every game, no? The fact he wouldn't meet with his new coach speaks volumes. Give him a chance, at least.

It's not like he played lights-out vs. Bama and was non-existent the rest of the season. Sentimore had an above-average season, all around.

Should he have stayed? I don't think you'll find anyone who says otherwise but we have no idea what his motivation to go to the league is...could be grades, could be a financial matter, could be a number of things....

But are you seriously saying there aren't particular games during a season that players get more amped to play??

On Azzanni...I asked him about his role as recruiting coordinator and he talked about his close relationship with Butch and how ultimately it would be more efficient bc they're always on the same page and he knows what Butch wants and they know what good is. Referenced helping get the No1 class at Florida --- though he made certain to never mention UF by name.

Also said why wouldn't he want to come to UT where it is nicknamed for the position he coaches.

Stressed all players had a blank slate and that his WRs would be accomplished blockers or they would not play.

Brent and I will have full coverage today.

-John Brice

That's right, I forgot about that. Either way, Sentimore is not going to impress any scouts with workouts or senior days on campus, IMO. He's going to be out of shape.
Based on what? This is his livelihood now. Its going to be how he survives and for u to make the blanket statement that he will be out of shape has no merit. He must have told u that when he goes to pro day he's going to go there out of shape and that he wasn't going to train. Really?

Based on what? This is his livelihood now. Its going to be how he survives and for u to make the blanket statement that he will be out of shape has no merit. He must have told u that when he goes to pro day he's going to go there out of shape and that he wasn't going to train. Really?

It was his livelihood before, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back