Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is top recruiting school in his conference. If you think he can recruit Louisville nationally for over ten 5* recruits against the SEC, Oregon, USC, Texas, then your a jackass. Hell, the fact that many 4/5*'s recruits said they would seriously considering flipping to Tennessee is enough for me if we hired strong.

Rutgers has out recruited him for the last two years. I never said he could go up against those top schools for 5 star recruits. However, we would be expected to here. Well 4 and 5 star recruits have said they would flip to UT if he came here. We should take that as gospel?

Reactions: 1 person
It's hard to not think this but I can't help it. I just keep thinking our program is being run by a bunch of Bammers. It's like the US government being run by a former Al Qaeda memeber.

Just remember what our Presidents middle name is ... oh wait that is no Al Qaeda ... never mind.

I really hope it is Gruden. He was gushing over RGIII and the Redskins offense last night on MNF. I think he would try to employ a similar offense at UT if hired. It is a simple offense that can be taught quickly. You need a dual threat qb though. He could run a pro style offense with the qb's in the cupboard until he can recruit a dual threat qb.

If it is not Gruden, I would be happy with Strong if he hired a top OC. I also think Gundy could be successful with a stong DC and recruited on the defensive side of the ball. Ellis Johnson is available after being fired at Southern Miss. He would be a solid DC.

Gruden has talked about how easy it would be to dominate with offense in the college game given the 20 hour rule, defenses wouldn't be able to prepare for certain offenses when run in a hurry-up format.

The point is that Strong wouldn't get an SEC team to the Superdome. His best chance comes in the Big Least.

Hey Boro - you seem to be alot more active today. Should we read that as more energized based on what you're hearing or just that you've gotten the personal stuff out of the way?

Gruden has talked about how easy it would be to dominate with offense in the college game given the 20 hour rule, defenses wouldn't be able to prepare for certain offenses when run in a hurry-up format.

What's the 20 hour rule?

Ok... I thought you were saying if Hart was offering Strong that he should wait until after the game.

I was just saying that I think the Florida game will be a better measurement of how good a coach Strong is than any game they have played this year.

As of right now. I do not want Strong, so I am bias

According to Tony B... early on (and yes I know it's Tony)
Hart does not have Gruden his #1 choice, so he was going to do his own search and pick three people to present to the $$$$$ , they would then compare those three against Gruden... and choose the best of all.

If they do this it is obvious Gruden....

One can only hope :crossfingers:

Was this in a blog or on the radio? Thanks again.

If Strong was an American-made vehicle he would be a:

ford-explorer-background-side.jpg

If Gruden was an American-made vehicle he would be a:

2012_Cadillac_Escalade_1.jpg

Hey Boro - you seem to be alot more active today. Should we read that as more energized based on what you're hearing or just that you've gotten the personal stuff out of the way?

Time....I have time. Weekends are tough for me, and I had a lot going on yesterday.

You've trolled the entire board about Gruden since Sept. and I am the troll. The logic of the Gruden thread abounds.

Good day sir.

And the entire board had a choice to believe him or not...as do you have a choice to take a hike or continue to sh!t in the floor...like a dog returns to its vomit...here you are...

The only ones crying right now are the ones who are butthurt because they believed in the Gruden rumors blindly (as you did) and did not possess a decent faculty of logic or reasoning for themselves to stop and think that all of this is in fact speculation. The "reputable" media outlets came in and shattered their dreams because those who lacked said reasoning have no internal fortitude to deal with the exchange of information in proper context.

If this offends some, I am sorry. Grow a pair. Genius here is simply butthurt...its like he's hating on momma cuz he just figured out he was a bastard...

maybe its not the money maybe gruden want his own staff and hart wants to keep specific coaches and they cant come to a agreement

What's the 20 hour rule?

No more than 4 hours of practice each day

Copy/Paste from interweb:

During the season or
designated training periods,
such as spring football or fall
baseball, athletes are limited
to 20 hours of countable
activity per week and must be
given at least one day off.
However, travel days can count
as a day off if no other
activities are planned.
The rest of the offseason,
athletes are limited to eight
hours per week and must be
given two days off.

I guess your speaking of Strong he is 6th in his conf in recruiting. Was 5th for 2012.
32. Rutgers
38. Pitt
T57. Conn
T57. South Fla
62. Cinci
67. Louisville(1, 4star)
76. Syracuse
80. Temple.

First in 2011 and 2nd in 12. 13 isn't over amd he has very limited scholarships available

What does it say about a coach when they are an assistant for 20 years before they get a HC job? To me, it says they either have no initiative to go to the next level, or no one sees enough talent in them to offer them a job unless they are desperate.. Like Louisville. Hoping UT doesn't make the same mistake.

He has very limited scholarships for this class and has taken only a few commitments. That's why he is ranked so low this year. He has been tops in his league the other complete classes.

In 2011 he finished top in the BE at 29 and in 2012 he finished 2nd behind Rutgers at 42. Tearing it up huh? If Vandy can out recruit you going head to head against other SEC schools then this recruiting resume is not very impressive AS A HEAD COACH.

I had posted on Sunday about discord in the ath. Dept. at TCU (Patterson). It WAS in fact with the football program, and it got hot enough that at least a few BOT came to the campus. Then, nothing.
Now today, I hear from my source again. Early indications are that there is a scandal at TCU football, not a coaching change. Don't know if an OC was screwing around, etc. But Patterson is apparently not leaving.

One year out of three!!! And lost to two woeful teams this year with a combined record of 12 and 12 in the weakest Big East Conference in years.

This. I don't want Strong. Sure he's playing in the Sugar Bowl, but I could get a group of buddies together and win the Big East. That conference is just a step above Conference USA. If Louisville was in place of Kentucky in the SEC this season, I bet their conference record would have been identical. I want Gruden, I will believe it is Gruden until it's not.

Hell no to Strong, Fedora and Jones! I think Gundy is better than those three, but he's not winning conference championships in the Big 12, yet we think he will in the SEC??? Give me a break. If Gruden won't come, then throw the money at Stoops or Mora.

Anyone we bring in will pull Top 15 classes until (unless) they start to suck. Derek Dooley proved that, IMO. And we know that Strong can coach them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back