Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to have MrOrange on ignore but when people would post things like Boro's smack him with newspaper comment, it would get quoted, and I would get curious. Therefore I unignored him so I could watch him get smacked around.

He simply does not bring enough intelligence to the game to be a good troll.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope it is Gruden. He was gushing over RGIII and the Redskins offense last night on MNF. I think he would try to employ a similar offense at UT if hired. It is a simple offense that can be taught quickly. You need a dual threat qb though. He could run a pro style offense with the qb's in the cupboard until he can recruit a dual threat qb.

If it is not Gruden, I would be happy with Strong if he hired a top OC. I also think Gundy could be successful with a stong DC and recruited on the defensive side of the ball. Ellis Johnson is available after being fired at Southern Miss. He would be a solid DC.

He was gushing? Thought it was said he was comatose and barely interested...

Is that this year recruiting or last

I thought I saw a post where he was 3 or 4??? not a challenge but honest question

He has very limited scholarships for this class and has taken only a few commitments. That's why he is ranked so low this year. He has been tops in his league the other complete classes.

What's funny is that all of the folks that have jumped off the Gruden train who are now saying that Strong, Gundy, Fedora, etc would be good hires and could catapult Tennessee back to the upper echelon of the SEC would drop everything for Jon Gruden. And it's not even close!!!

Reactions: 1 person
What's funny is that all of the folks that have jumped off the Gruden train who are now saying that Strong, Gundy, Fedora, etc would be good hires and could catapult Tennessee back to the upper echelon of the SEC would drop everything for Jon Gruden. And it's not even close!!!

Why in the hell is that funny?

I don't doubt this post at all but that isn't important here. What is important is does a candidate have a resume that proves he can take a program to its highest ceiling. Strong has done that this year. That's all that matters. Can a candidate take us to our ceiling? His resume suggest he can do that

Being able to win big games and having a quality team may not be in your qualifications, but it is for the rest if the fan base. We don't need a UF reject.

I'm not saying 10-2 is bad, but come on its the Big East, conference is so weak.

syracuse_logo1.jpg

and

husky.gif

There's only 3 coaches imo that can take down the big boys in this conference and none of those are on that list.. If UT lets this thing fall through I don't believe we'll have another shot with Gruden it's now or never.

He has very limited scholarships for this class and has taken only a few commitments. That's why he is ranked so low this year. He has been tops in his league the other complete classes.

Scout lists them as having 22 commits which is equal or more than the 4 above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back