Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
so were do we stand as of right now. did hart leave k-town last night to go to ny or not. we all noticed gruden wasnt himself last night. but i always said the 17 was the date he would be anounced and i keep thinking his wife wants to be back home. this is why i am sold on gruden. but the smoke screen is so thick its hard to get a feel on things.

If that happens that will prove nothing.

Because in your opinion Strong is a heck of a coach and recruiter and nothing else matters to you. You simply refuse to consider anything that is critical of Strong and his abilities.

Never mind the fact that many AD's and donors of other programs (who would have investigated/discussed Strong in detail - checked references in the coaching community etc..) had a different opinion him. You base the majority of your opinion on one good year as a head coach.

No matter what is said of Strong, if it is negative or critical you simply choose to look the other way. So be it.

If it offends you that I say Jesus, then I apologize.

It was certainly not the use of the word... I took it as you were calling him that as an insult...if that is not the case and you were saying it out of exasperation I understand.... have done so myself...:cray:

If I am wrong, then I apologize for butting in

2447877-a-tiny-chihuahua-with-very-large-eyes.jpg

mrorange has been outed!

I just think that UT and Dooley could have had a 10 win season if they had Louisville's schedule. They haven't lost an out of conference game since the controversial game clock issue against UNC. Strong will get the brakes beat off of them by Florida. I hope that's not the case, but Louisville in the BCS is a joke.

I don't doubt this post at all but that isn't important here. What is important is does a candidate have a resume that proves he can take a program to its highest ceiling. Strong has done that this year. That's all that matters. Can a candidate take us to our ceiling? His resume suggest he can do that

He is top recruiting school in his conference. If you think he can recruit Louisville nationally for over ten 5* recruits against the SEC, Oregon, USC, Texas, then your a jackass. Hell, the fact that many 4/5*'s recruits said they would seriously considering flipping to Tennessee is enough for me if we hired strong.

Please bump to strong thread, this is gruden thread bro!!!

Where's the obligatory comment about my degrees? It's coming soon I'm sure.

Still waiting on Gruden my man. Still waiting...

The multiple degrees issue is too easy....anyone who reads your posts can see that. I just don't care.

Keep trolling loser.

@coachingsearch: Every coach I talk with believes Tennessee is the best job available, right now.

If that is the case...and we all believe it is... why is Hart not talking to more BIG name coaches.....

unless he has his man..................Gruden!

I really hope it is Gruden. He was gushing over RGIII and the Redskins offense last night on MNF. I think he would try to employ a similar offense at UT if hired. It is a simple offense that can be taught quickly. You need a dual threat qb though. He could run a pro style offense with the qb's in the cupboard until he can recruit a dual threat qb.

If it is not Gruden, I would be happy with Strong if he hired a top OC. I also think Gundy could be successful with a stong DC and recruited on the defensive side of the ball. Ellis Johnson is available after being fired at Southern Miss. He would be a solid DC.

I have been saying all along that I pray Hart has not made an offer to him and does not until the Florida game.

That game will tell us a lot more about Strong than his ability to get to the bowl game...
When is their game? January 2nd? Can we wait that long?

Last edited:
The multiple degrees issue is too easy....anyone who reads your posts can see that. I just don't care.

Keep trolling loser.

You've trolled the entire board about Gruden since Sept. and I am the troll. The logic of the Gruden thread abounds.

Good day sir.

Because in your opinion Strong is a heck of a coach and recruiter and nothing else matters to you. You simply refuse to consider anything that is critical of Strong and his abilities.

Never mind the fact that many AD's and donors of other programs (who would have investigated/discussed Strong in detail - checked references in the coaching community etc..) had a different opinion him. You base the majority of your opinion on one good year as a head coach.

No matter what is said of Strong, if it is negative or critical you simply choose to look the other way. So be it.

The same could be said about your opinion. He is going to be our guy so we might as well get behind him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back