Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give you this is a good point. Without strongs year this year I would lean toward exactly your point here. If anything strong has proven a lot of people wrong and you want to include florida in that list then so be it. I love the fact he has a huge chip on his shoulders and it out to keep proving people wrong. A motivated man is fine by me!

I just think that UT and Dooley could have had a 10 win season if they had Louisville's schedule. They haven't lost an out of conference game since the controversial game clock issue against UNC. Strong will get the brakes beat off of them by Florida. I hope that's not the case, but Louisville in the BCS is a joke.

This thread is moving slow today. We need a piece if information from one of the OGs that we can cling to like a little nugget of gold.

@coachingsearch: Every coach I talk with believes Tennessee is the best job available, right now.

Another interesting thing I thought of.

What if we're waiting on Gruden not just because he wants to, but because it puts our competition at a disadvantage.

For example, let's say we really did interview Jimbo, Strong, Gundy, etc. And let's also assume they interviewed at Arky and Auburn.

But they all have UT at the top of the list for whatever reason. And they all want to see how it plays out first with UT before deciding on other schools.

The longer we wait on Gruden, the more disadvantage we put those schools at in terms of their search, their recruiting, etc. You could say the same about us except if we land Gruden then recruits will flip to us regardless of how many days left before National Signing Day.

Reactions: 2 people
That same argument could be used in Favor of strong not being the replacement for urban instead of just saying he was passed over

I never said it wasn't.

However, with us and those two candidates, they have no tie to us, so why is there any further reason for them to stay.

At least with Strong, there would have been ties to Florida and there would be no worry he would Kiffen them.

Just thinking out loud.

I don't usually get evolved in other people's issues but your disrespect is insulting and un-needed. It only proves Boro's and others point.

I work with people everyday who have lost more than they can handle and this name us use is all they have. I know this is only a chat board but it is still very disrespectful..

Nice post. :good!:

Please show me where he can recruit while he has been at Louisville.

He is top recruiting school in his conference. If you think he can recruit Louisville nationally for over ten 5* recruits against the SEC, Oregon, USC, Texas, then your a jackass. Hell, the fact that many 4/5*'s recruits said they would seriously considering flipping to Tennessee is enough for me if we hired strong.

I ignore you. You follow me around like a puppy and soil the rug. I smack you with the newspaper, and rub your nose in $#!+.

That is a much more accurate interpretation of how this works.

Where's the obligatory comment about my degrees? It's coming soon I'm sure.

Still waiting on Gruden my man. Still waiting...

Another interesting thing I thought of.

What if we're waiting on Gruden not just because he wants to, but because it puts our competition at a disadvantage.

For example, let's say we really did interview Jimbo, Strong, Gundy, etc. And let's also assume they interviewed at Arky and Auburn.

But they all have UT at the top of the list for whatever reason. And they all want to see how it plays out first with UT before deciding on other schools.

The longer we wait on Gruden, the more disadvantage we put those schools at in terms of their search, their recruiting, etc. You could say the same about us except if we land Gruden then recruits will flip to us regardless of how many days left before National Signing Day.

I like the way you think. Don't believe it is happenning that way, but I like the thought.

Maybe I'm showing some stupidity here, but I believe the search committee is thinking along the lines of if everything falls through, we've got Coach Fulmer as a fall back option. Hall of Famer. Could do a lot worse. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've wondered about that a lot.

I was thinking the same thing. I read a rumor in one of the threads that he's contacted a few assistants. I also thought that if you took the currently listed candidates' resumes, removed the names, and compared them.... that he'd be at the top of the list. :blink: I think Richt and Saban just tied him for 2nd most SECCG appearances (5) this year (behind Spurrier's 8).

I don't usually get evolved in other people's issues but your disrespect is insulting and un-needed. It only proves Boro's and others point.

I work with people everyday who have lost more than they can handle and this name us use is all they have. I know this is only a chat board but it is still very disrespectful..

If it offends you that I say Jesus, then I apologize.

Oh yea I'm with you. No Charlie Strong for me. I think if he is hired it will be a measure to get us back to winning 8-9 games a year and have the program back to where it might be more inticing to a bigger name coach.

I am of the opinion that if Gruden truly doesn't want to come here, there are other Grudenesque hires than can be made if the university is prepared to spend the money. Spend NFL dollars and there will be a lot of coaches that will take a look at you.
IF and I say a BIG IF it is not Gruden. Who would you think would make the best second choice for us? I am interested in your opinion.

Florida could make that game ugly!!!!!!

I have been saying all along that I pray Hart has not made an offer to him and does not until the Florida game.

That game will tell us a lot more about Strong than his ability to get to the bowl game...

mrorange is like a beady-eyed Chihuaha. Always yapping but never taken seriously.

2447877-a-tiny-chihuahua-with-very-large-eyes.jpg

He is top recruiting school in his conference. If you think he can recruit Louisville nationally for over ten 5* recruits against the SEC, Oregon, USC, Texas, then your a jackass. Hell, the fact that many 4/5*'s recruits said they would seriously considering flipping to Tennessee is enough for me if we hired strong.

I agree that it is apples and oranges, but compare him in his own conference the Big East. Where does he rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back