Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the same fear that I have... that Hart may be stalling so he can get down to K Smart is his ONLY choice

Darn it Coasty. Now you want me to get my pitchfork again.

pitchfork-mob1.jpg

Where you ever given any information as to why it be that late in December? MNF related?

Yeah....it was contractual in some respect. I was told at the time that UT was buying out the ESPN contract. Not sure if that meant AD or boosters.

It was intended to be a joke. Since these threads have been laced with Jimmy Buffet and gun chatter, I though it Ok.

It was simply my commentary on the "It's done, and it's . . . " threads that have been popping up.

On this forum I have seen:

"It's done, It's Strong . . ."
"It's Al Golden . . ."
"The job is Gundy's if he wants it . . . '

And of course, the infamous Gruden speculations.

In fact, if you look within the first few pages, you'll find a "source" that names most every candidate as a done deal.

Besides, half the folks here think Hart actually is "the dumbest AD in the history of AD's."

I got ya. Sometimes I struggle with the reading posts in sarcasm. I need to work on that. :hi:

I have had it in the back of mind and now that I have said it.... All those they claim he has interviewed are either dening it or have gotten extensions on their contract....

Smart has always been Hrts man.... I hope he is not just manuvering to get back to him...
I know..thinking out loud...stop it! :)

Guys I am all Gruden still and hope this gets worked out if it hasn't yet. Boro or anyone for that matter if it did come down to someone else god forbid do you think they would be givin free reign to pick coordinators. I mean money wise say the million plus range type?

Does anyone think that this decision is going to affect whether gusy declare for the draft or not?

Honestly, I would think only Bray. JH is gone... he has a kid and is rated too high to not go. CP is also gone, I think. He is raw talent, but he showed just how talented he could be. Someone will draft him on talent alone I think.

I have had it in the back of mind and now that I have said it.... All those they claim he has interviewed are either dening it or have gotten extensions on their contract....

Smart has always been Hrts man.... I hope he is not just manuvering to get back to him...

Yes it has always appeared from the outside that he had his man and there were 3 options. Gruden, Smart, Jimbo. Now that Jimbo has pulled out its down to 2 and Gruden has "allegedly" pulled out too so I don't know if TN is going to be able to get pregnant and trick one into staying...

Let's hope he goes to the Barn then.

I don't want either one of these guys and I know Franklin just signed a new contract. With all the talk about Strong I was curious to match him up against Franklin. He has out recruited him by a landslide last year and so far this year. Strongs record is better, but I will take JF record in the SEC any day over CS in the Big East. My point is this, how can anyone get excited about this guy? All I hear is how great a recruiter he is. Well, for one thing, anyone can recruit at Florida. Last year Loisville finished 49th and are currently in the 70s right now. It's obvious I want Gruden, but even if we can't get him, there are others much more qualified than Charlie Strong.

am with you on this keith

In principal I agree with you.

The problem is that we have very little strength in negotiating with Gruden no matter what. He already knows that we will need to hire somebody.

He is not blind. Just like us, he is able to see that the alternatives to him are not inspiring.

Leverage is not something we can use here. instead, you need to appeal to his emotions. You have to sell these things:

- Family structure
- UT brand/history
- Facilities
- The best competition in the country
- Fan support
- creating a legacy

Those are our strengths, not who our alternative is. That is a weakness to be sure.

Great points! I just hope things work out in our favor in the end.

Boro, how's everything going? I know you had some personal things going on, hope everything turned out well for you.

Yeah I'm good, thanks. Had some family legal (not criminal, lol) business we were trying squared away.

He's young in terms of his coaching experience. That's what I meant.

Edit: Head coaching experience.

I may be completely wrong, but that is part of my problem with him. I cannot think of many assistants that have 30 yrs experience then become a head coach and excel.

Last edited:
Morning Bruin!

You know I love ya right!
I understand you are trying to make a STRONG case here.

What I wanna know is do you have any better rational candidates left tacked up on your Hart-board?

And say goodmorning to the rest of the AD department on behalf of the Volnation!

oh and......GO GRUDEN!

Reactions: 2 people
One year out of three!!! And lost to two woeful teams this year with a combined record of 12 and 12 in the weakest Big East Conference in years.

Any of those schools you mentioned would kill to be in sugar bowl. That's proving them fools in my book.

Morning Bruin!

You know I love ya right!
I understand you are trying to make a STRONG case here.

What I wanna know is do you have any better rational candidates left tacked up on your Hart-board?

And say goodmorning to the rest of the AD department on behalf of the Volnation!

oh and......GO GRUDEN!

Mora would be ahead of strong IMO but I don't think he is realistic. Reports of any interest don't seem to be valid

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back