Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try my hand at some math. The caveats are that 1) I have no sources, 2) I have not read everything that has been posted, 3) what I have read may not be remembered correctly, and 4) what I have read may or may not be accurate. Now, with that said.......

A deal with Gruden is in place. But:

Gruden wanted to stick it to Tampa Bay and collect his last payment. I seem to recall that was to have been in the first half of December.

The aforementioned statement coincides with Hart's time frame of December 15 to name a coach.

This is all speculation: All the Internet chatter has added to the problem. If it was a fact that Gruden and UT had an agreement, Tampa Bay could possibly challenge the last payment (in court). Civil lawsuits allow for anything and everything to be thrown against the proverbial wall to see what sticks.

This would explain Lamonte's statements. It might also explain UT's smoke screen. What I cannot explain is UT's added expenses to support this theory.

Gruden has his ESPN contract. The last Monday night game is on 12/17...with the Monday night crew also scheduled for a Saturday game on 12/22. This does not quite fit Hart's time frame of 12/15, but makes it a lot more palatable.

In the end it's Gruden.

Soon.

FWIW - everything here is solid but the Bucs Payment, which was debunked last week. His Bucs coaching conflict was actually done last year per the Bucs Fan Board.

I'm not a Glock fan.....just personal preference. 9mm is a good choice though. Ammo is inexpensive (comparitively) and there is a wide choice of loads these days. If you like the Glock, and are comfortable with its operation, its a solid choice.

Thanks. Kinda feel the same way about the Glock. 9MM is just a little more comfortable to hold and the recoil is better, too.

I'm not a Glock fan.....just personal preference. 9mm is a good choice though. Ammo is inexpensive (comparitively) and there is a wide choice of loads these days. If you like the Glock, and are comfortable with its operation, its a solid choice.

Has the prices for .45 ammo came down any in the last couple of years? My S-I-L bought an M&P 45 and the ammo was so high he couldn't afford to shoot it.

Let me try my hand at some math. The caveats are that 1) I have no sources, 2) I have not read everything that has been posted, 3) what I have read may not be remembered correctly, and 4) what I have read may or may not be accurate. Now, with that said.......

Gruden wanted to stick it to Tampa Bay and collect his last payment. I seem to recall that was to have been in the first half of December.

The aforementioned statement coincides with Hart's time frame of December 15 to name a coach.

This is all speculation: All the Internet chatter has added to the problem. If it was a fact that Gruden and UT had an agreement, Tampa Bay could possibly challenge the last payment (in court). Civil lawsuits allow for anything and everything to be thrown against the proverbial wall to see what sticks.

This would explain Lamonte's statements. It might also explain UT's smoke screen. What I cannot explain is UT's added expenses to support this theory.

Gruden has his ESPN contract. The last Monday night game is on 12/17...with the Monday night crew also scheduled for a Saturday game on 12/22. This does not quite fit Hart's time frame of 12/15, but makes it a lot more palatable.

In the end it's Gruden.

Soon.

Sorry didn't read just looked at your AVI for the time it would have taken me to read it...about two min.

So has anything changed since yesterday afternoon?

Sounds like Gundy/Strong are still in play per our favorite misguided media.

The only thing that worries me now, in regards to Gruden, is that if a coach is really going to be named in the next few days, you'd figure we'd be seeing more Grude Smoke...

Thank you Steve, ok everyone have a great day I am Audi 5,000

Good morning.

Happy Birthday, Gman. Whoever you are. :)

And as they say, the longer this so called "coaching search" continues, the more likely Gruden is the man.

In the end it's Gruden.

Soon.

According to Tony B... early on (and yes I know it's Tony)
Hart does not have Gruden his #1 choice, so he was going to do his own search and pick three people to present to the $$$$$ , they would then compare those three against Gruden... and choose the best of all.

If they do this it is obvious Gruden....

One can only hope :crossfingers:

A Glock 36 is a subcompact in a .45 caliber. Might be a little too small for a .45. Might want to check out the Glock 27 with comes in a .40 caliber and is still subcompact.

For a 9mm, check out Sig Sauer (P226). It also comes in a .40 caliber if that is what you want. Not a subcompact, though. Sigs are great guns. First trigger pull is double action while subsequent trigger pulls are single action. The only downfall is the exposed hammer. If trying to conceal, that can be a problem.

Good morning Grudes!
Had to take a break for a couple of days with my head spinning so fast. So little time, so much information and/or lack of with our hopes and desires of new coach. This whole search has to bbe the strangest I have ever seen. The Gruden shut down seems all to easy as if we were to take things at face value over a couple of minor statements.

I am still confident it is him until he states otherwise.

Grude and Hart meeting this morning in Philly, I'm just splitting the difference between NY and DC where Grude was at last night.........I can dream.....

According to Tony B... early on (and yes I know it's Tony)
Hart does not have Gruden his #1 choice, so he was going to do his own search and pick three people to present to the $$$$$ , they would then compare those three against Gruden... and choose the best of all.

If they do this it is obvious Gruden....

One can only hope :crossfingers:

How does this process actually work? He takes his final 3 to the $$$$ and they choose or do they negotiate. Sorry just not sure how this process works

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back