Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would you put the percentage?

Don't have one to be honest.. I am one of the few that believes that CDD has a change to survive (don't think he will though)....

I personally think that JG is actually based on what happens with CDD.....

I think there is an agreement in place pending what happens with CDD...

Most think it is the other way around.... That CDD's job status is based on what JG decides to do....

The way I see it that CDD doesn't need help getting fired... I think he can handle that part all by himself..

Reactions: 1 person
I dont want anyone to think I am backtracking. I am not.

I believe gruden will still be UTs next coach.

Saying it was a "done deal" in the true sense was a mistake.

I hope that makes sense. I am trying to appease the super literal.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Really hope your right. But as long as Dooley is gone I'm confident someone worthy of this job will get it. From a financial.coaching and overall lack of excitement from us fans I cant see any good coming from Dooley returning next year. Hope like hell he doesnt.

yea but skeet lost me yesterday when he said Tn would beat USC if they meet in a bowl game this year.

He lost me when he said UT and USC would be invited to the same bowl game. I doubt USC would fly across the country to play in a minor bowl game when they'll have an invitation out West in a bowl with a Pac-12 tie-in.

I dont want anyone to think I am backtracking. I am not.

I believe gruden will still be UTs next coach.

Saying it was a "done deal" in the true sense was a mistake.

I hope that makes sense. I am trying to appease the super literal.

Can we get a %?

Will things being discussed in this weekend's BOT meeting have an impact?

I'd say tomorrow morning JG VI will emerge..

Let's bring in JGVI with a little shine

1187796_o.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I dont want you to say more than you need or want to say but did Gruden basically say, Give me full control or No and that forced the topic at the meeting or has that topic been scheduled for a while?

Has been scheduled for a while.

Im really trying to not post. I haven't posted nearly what I have heard that makes me feel this way. Its not from VN. Its also not what you guys nor I want to hear, so no reason to post any more information that doesn't support Gruden coming. It is only met with resistance and borderline naive posts, no offense intended to anyone in particular. I was tooting the Gruden horn as loudly as anyone. I do think there has been discussion but in no way am I optimistic right now at our prospects to land him.

I also think this "big meeting" is being blown way out of proportion and will do nothing to settle the coaching dilemma.

Like I said, I am only worried about one thing now. Is Dooley back in 2013? I do not believe for a second anything is decided there, even though I have heard that up until the last week or so. Now the same people, some in AD some former players some just people very keyed in all say it will most likely take at least another loss to even ensure a coaching change. Frustrating to say the least.

Too many empty seats in Neyland last Saturday. I think that is the point of no return.

Can we get a %?

Will things being discussed in this weekend's BOT meeting have an impact?

From what I've been following, Friday's meeting could have a huge impact on the AD. Separating the Academic side from AD will allow Hart to make a big name hire. If the agenda item is voted down (unlikely from what I've read) the football program could be set back years. Spring or "those in the know" please correct my assumption if I've misunderstood.

From what I've been following, Friday's meeting could have a huge impact on the AD. Separating the Academic side from AD will allow Hart to make a big name hire. If the agenda item is voted down (unlikely from what I've read) the football program could be set back years. Spring or "those in the know" please correct my assumption if I've misunderstood.

It won't be voted down!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Percentages dont mean anything. It would just be a guess.

And yes to your second question.

Thanks for the info you have posted.

I don't understand the cross examination people get here when they post what they feel to be credible info. Either Gruden coaches at UT or he doesn't. Posts on VN will not change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back