Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe we will pay big money.

If the decision makers are not willing to pay big money then all of the facility upgrades seem like a false front.

Expect more of the same with the mid level head man money. Top of this league would eat the next Dooley alive just like the current, actual Dooley.

You can only front with the facility crap for so long. There comes a time when the head coach, leader of this program, must match the other aspects of this institution. That time is now.

Dooley is wasting talent like other big programs. I bet around 98% of the country would trade starting offensive personnel with us before the season. He got beat like Matt Simms was his starter. If you ask me we as fans are getting a raw deal. But you like to lie to yourself I see. This team won't get any better under Dooley. This last game was their chance to show it. We looked the same as we've looked for 3 straight years under this current staff. I'm not a fan who wants just 9-10 wins. I want rings especially with the facilities and resources we have there is no excuse not to be a Top 5 program year in and year out.

Do you think that I'm a fan that only wants 9 wins a season??? Seriously man I honestly think you skim and don't bother to comprehend what you read. Or just think you are the end all be all of CFB knowledge. Xs and Os and player evaluations you are a good read but not for the "back office" opinions. Trust me there are many other posters on here I keep an eye on for that.

I said I want 9+ NEXT YR MIN. Meaning whoever comes in better be able to produce no and ifs or buts from day one. Like I said...if everyone wants the greener grass on the other side we better not get there and have to wait for it to grow.

For the record Im not lying to myself about s**t. Trust me I'm very capable of seeing the situation for what it is. I see that we got beat by the #1 team in the country, and everyone has this high expectations as if we were suppose to be able to beat them or be able to hang with them when we make mistakes on the field. I know you, and many on here, think you can do a better job and know more about CFB than CDD but reality check man....yall don't! If anything CDDs biggest problem is knowing it way to much.

The idea that he doesn't need additional booster support for the buyout is telling that given the right guy the $ will not be an issue on the hire.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Is that sarcasm? Or, is it something grown men who watch fake wrestling do?

It was a sarcastic yeah, good job. Sorry you're so butthurt, but I don't really watch wrestling anymore.

Last edited:

Waynes-World_l.jpg

Do you think that I'm a fan that only wants 9 wins a season??? Seriously man I honestly think you skim and don't bother to comprehend what you read. Or just think you are the end all be all of CFB knowledge. Xs and Os and player evaluations you are a good read but not for the "back office" opinions. Trust me there are many other posters on here I keep an eye on for that.

I said I want 9+ NEXT YR MIN. Meaning whoever comes in better be able to produce no and ifs or buts from day one. Like I said...if everyone wants the greener grass on the other side we better not get there and have to wait for it to grow.

For the record Im not lying to myself about s**t. Trust me I'm very capable of seeing the situation for what it is. I see that we got beat by the #1 team in the country, and everyone has this high expectations as if we were suppose to be able to beat them or be able to hang with them when we make mistakes on the field. I know you, and many on here, think you can do a better job and know more about CFB than CDD but reality check man....yall don't! If anything CDDs biggest problem is knowing it way to much.

I said I'm the end all huh? This forum is funny in how you guys ask me questions at times then 2 secs later I'm claiming I know everything. Hahahaha dude you're hilarious. Have fun getting blown out on your Dooley train. I like to ride with winners. No progress has been made on the field. And there are no injuries or depth problems to blame.

Last edited:
1. Career record near .500. His superbowl win was with Dungy's team.

2. He is not a player's coach. Sure, it works for Muschamp, but he has run off quite a few players as well. We are not afforded the luxury of that. Also, based on the family type atmosphere Dooley has tried to bring here, I foresee quite a few transfers when the rubber hits the road. In short... Kiffin 2.

3. Has not coached in college for donkey years. Name me some NFL coaches who have come down to the college game as head coaches and had mad success (who were not already college coaches)... Charlie Weis, Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan?

4. The NFL. Everyone says he could be there now if he wanted. Any links for teams pursuing him? Maybe someone can find them... I am not aware. I have no confidence he would want to be here long term.

Reactions: 2 people

2. He is not a player's coach. Sure, it works for Muschamp, but he has run off quite a few players as well. We are not afforded the luxury of that. Also, based on the family type atmosphere Dooley has tried to bring here, I foresee quite a few transfers when the rubber hits the road. In short... Kiffin 2.

3. Has not coached in college for donkey years. Name me some NFL coaches who have come down to the college game as head coaches and had mad success (who were not already college coaches)... Charlie Weis, Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan?

4. The NFL. Everyone says he could be there now if he wanted. Any links for teams pursuing him? Maybe someone can find them... I am not aware. I have no confidence he would want to be here long term.

Pete Carroll

Who would you like to get?

Reactions: 1 person
I said I'm the end all huh? This forum is funny in how you guys ask me questions at times then 2 secs later I'm claiming I know everything. Hahahaha dude you're hilarious. Have fun on getting blown out on your Dooley train. I like to ride with winners. No progress has been made on the field. And there are no injuries or depth problems to blame.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think we have depth & injury problems still.

Randolph was our best player in the secondary by far. C Harris was expected to contribute some this year. Latroy Lewis was in the two-deep before he tore his knee up.

Maggitt is probably running at about 60-70 percent right now, but he's still playing because he's better than what we have coming off the bench at 100 percent.

Obviously Clear & Da'Rick are different stories..but with those two weapons added to this offense it would be super super hard for any d-coordinator to stop us. But you have to admit Dooley has had absolutely terrible luck with injuries over his 3 years.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think we have depth & injury problems still.

Randolph was our best player in the secondary by far. C Harris was expected to contribute some this year. Latroy Lewis was in the two-deep before he tore his knee up.

Maggitt is probably running at about 60-70 percent right now, but he's still playing because he's better than what we have coming off the bench at 100 percent.

Obviously Clear & Da'Rick are different stories..but with those two weapons added to this offense it would be super super hard for any d-coordinator to stop us. You can't say Dooley hasn't had absolutely terrible luck with injuries over his 3 years.

I think his point was that there is no reason to be losing like we are.

Kirby Smart=Dooley 2.0
He is another one of Saban's followers. The Vols took a risk to hire the "next saban" with Dooley and I hope we don't do it again. Honestly, I hope UT keeps Dooley for at least another year, we will find out if the 3-4 really holds wonderful mysterious secrets and with the recent player performances I forsee all of UT's talent coming back.

I think his point was that there is no reason to be losing like we are.

I understand that..I was just making the point that we have depth issues at almost every position still.

And I don't understand the "losing like we are" statement. Honestly besides last night, we were in position to win every single game we've played. Big time players just refused to step up and make plays.

Who would you like to get?

Dude... Within reason, I don't know. I'm not gonna throw out the same ridiculous crap as some cats, "if we just offer Stoops 10 million...", you can throw in Peterson and any other coach who is winning.

I hate to call time on Dooley, but he is underperforming... And that won't cut it.

I am not thrilled with what the viable options are, so I hate the whole thing. I'll back anyone, but vomit if they call petrino

I understand that..I was just making the point that we have depth issues at almost every position still.

And I don't understand the "losing like we are" statement. Honestly besides last night, we were in position to win every single game we've played. Big time players just refused to step up and make plays.

Never at one point did I think we would beat UGA. Dooley is a professional at losing close games. Pretty much the same for MSU. We quit vs. Florida. No excuses. Every single team suffers from injuries. Not every team is coached so poorly. JMO

Obviously Clear & Da'Rick are different stories..but with those two weapons added to this offense it would be super super hard for any d-coordinator to stop us. But you have to admit Dooley has had absolutely terrible luck with injuries over his 3 years.

So Latroy Lewis was irreplaceable? Maggitt is a problem and so is Randolph. But since Dooley and crew are the coaches why did they bring in only one player at each position that was good? IMO out of those last two only a healthy Maggitt would make a huge difference with how Sal is calling defense.

It's only Dooley to bring in the talent to win. This past defensive class outside of LB was the first one that was close to being complete athletically.

Guys like McNeil, Gray, and Bonner are what our DBs should look like. Class before we added Coleman, Randolph, Izzy Lanier and Byron Moore. Kinda funny how Bama juco DBs look better than our juco DB prospects.

Being in position to win is NOT the same as winning. I cant stand moral victories. This is Tennessee football not vandy.

Dude... Within reason, I don't know. I'm not gonna throw out the same ridiculous crap as some cats, "if we just offer Stoops 10 million...", you can throw in Peterson and any other coach who is winning.

I hate to call time on Dooley, but he is underperforming... And that won't cut it.

I am not thrilled with what the viable options are, so I hate the whole thing. I'll back anyone, but vomit if they call petrino

I feel the same as you except i would have faith in Gruden.:hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back