Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
USCjr -14 against UT.

I'll start it...

UT has proved over the last couple of games that it can stop the run. However, UT, under Dooley, has never been able to game-plan well for a DT QB. Unfortunately, C. Shaw plays his worst when he is constantly pressured, and we haven't brought consistent pressure without giving something up on the back end.

I think we have to OL to cope with Clowney. They have other weapons, obviously, but our OL can definitely step-up to the challenge.

I don't think USCjr has as many playmakers as Bama or UF. STs could be worrisome because USCjr has done well there, in the return game (I forgot his name, but they have a really quick and shifty guy there).

Raijon Neal needs to get healthy. Bray needs to pick up his game. Hunter needs to get involved earlier in games, but a lot of this goes on Chaney. I feel like he is pinpointing guys (whether instructed by Dooley or not), and it gets predictable. Things get forced.

I would go find my post from sometime in the summer, but I said then that USCjr was my upset for this year. I honestly think that if this team realizes the situation it is in, they can pull it off.

GBO.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't believe me, I don't care.

I'll still be here, because I'm right.

pinterest.com_.gif

Reactions: 2 people
We have scored a combined 29 points against Bama the last 3 years. That combined point total would not be enough to beat Bama in any of those years, scary stuff.

Hart is not happy at all and i think its about to get ugly, i dont think any game the rest of the way will change anything. We needed to be competitive last night then have a good showing the rest of the way. Bama is the measuring stick of college football at the moment, Hart was over heard saying we're no closer now than 3 years ago. I hope he does it sooner rather than later so we can have a chance at a good recruiting class.

Exactly.

If thats the decision (and I think it is, its coming from a lot of other directions) nothing good can come from dragging it out.

Kiffin deserves a lot of credit for what he did with Crompton. He played to his strengths and never forced him into bad decisions (unlike Chaney and Bray). However, UT had Hardesty, G. Jones, and D. Moore. That is nothing to be ashamed of. The OL wasn't bad like it was the next year. Moreover, you had Eric freaking Berry on D. Come on. Kiffin's last year cannot be compared to this current team. The defenses are two completely different animals. Monte Kiffin - 30+ years experience, Sal Suneri - .5 years experience (all at top levels).

Dude stop it. This offense being held to 13 points is a joke. The year we played under Kiffin was a completely different unit. Hardesty was the only position player that was better than what we have now. Our offense has elite personnel all over it. And we look terribly coached against good defenses.

What's funny is we had everybody but Neal healthy and we still scored the same amount of points as we did in past years. Is it that Bama is that good? No, we are poorly coached from the top. I was one of Dooley's biggest supporters but he's getting us not just beat but embarassed by our rivals every year. I've had it with his BS and I don't care if he does win next week I want him gone.

Reactions: 4 people
Dude stop it. This offense being held to 13 points is a joke. The year we played under Kiffin was a completely different unit. Hardesty was the only position player that was better than what we have now. Our offense has elite personnel all over it. And we look terribly coached against good defenses.

What's funny is we had everybody but Neal healthy and we still scored the same amount of points as we did in past years. Is it that Bama is that good? No, we are poorly coached from the top. I was one of Dooley's biggest supporters but he's getting us not just beat but embarassed by our rivals every year. I've had it with his BS and I don't care if he does win next week I want him gone.

And Kiffin could probably work wonders with this offense. Dude is a better play-caller than anyone we have on staff.

I'm a Dooley supporter and believe he's getting a raw deal at the end of the day. With that said if Hart fires him whomever he hires better win 9+ games next yr minimum. I want a win in Oregon, and Bama...yes the 2 teams that will most likely be in the NCG this yr. Just like no one is giving cdd time I'm not giving the new "big home run hire" any slack. I'm not waiting for the greener grass on the other side to grow.

Btw- Patterson is never leaving TCU. The man has it made there.

I'm a Dooley supporter and believe he's getting a raw deal at the end of the day. With that said if Hart fires him whomever he hires better win 9+ games next yr minimum. I want a win in Oregon, and Bama...yes the 2 teams that will most likely be in the NCG this yr. Just like no one is giving cdd time I'm not giving the new "big home run hire" any slack. I'm not waiting for the greener grass on the other side to grow.

Btw- Patterson is never leaving TCU. The man has it made there.

Dooley is wasting talent like other big programs. I bet around 98% of the country would trade starting offensive personnel with us before the season. He got beat like Matt Simms was his starter. If you ask me we as fans are getting a raw deal. But you like to lie to yourself I see. This team won't get any better under Dooley. This last game was their chance to show it. We looked the same as we've looked for 3 straight years under this current staff. I'm not a fan who wants just 9-10 wins. I want rings especially with the facilities and resources we have there is no excuse not to be a Top 5 program year in and year out.

Reactions: 3 people
Spent an hour working on an epic evaluation of Dooley... Not sure I have the heart to finish it... And not sure anyone would read it all, lol

Regarding Gruden coming to coach at UT. LWS had this to say on VQ a little bit ago. And up until now he's said 6 wins and Dooley's here next year and now he's saying this...

they will make him say no..

Dooley is wasting talent like other big programs. I bet around 98% of the country would trade starting offensive personnel with us before the season. He got beat like Matt Simms was his starter. If you ask me we as fans are getting a raw deal. But you like to lie to yourself I see. This team won't get any better under Dooley. This last game was their chance to show it. We looked the same as we've looked for 3 straight years under this current staff. I'm not a fan who wants just 9-10 wins. I want rings especially with the facilities and resources we have there is no excuse not to be a Top 5 program year in and year out.

You won't get any of those with Dools at the helm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back