Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruden worries me... A lot

I agree. He has a 800+ page offensive playbook and he hated rookies because they couldn't comprehend his offense. How is he going to do with less experienced guys? I agree his name brings excitement.

I agree. He has a 800+ page offensive playbook and he hated rookies because they couldn't comprehend his offense. How is he going to do with less experienced guys? I agree his name brings excitement.

Trust me, he will simplify things. UT is easy to sell as a program. UT only won 5 games last year and still pulled in a top 15 class. Hiring Gruden, will have the same effect that OSU got with Meyer in recruiting.

Also found out Hart is not worried about Dooleys buyout, it will cost around $130,000 a month for 36 months. He will move forward with or without donors support. Will look for donors support in helping with new coaches salary if he moves in that direction. Sounding like Dooley is done unless Hart cant get who he wants, the only name ive heard he would take a chance on is maybe Smart. Any other coach will be a proven head coach.

Reactions: 11 people

A good coach will adjust. Gruden is a great coach.

I really really really don't want K Smart. Sure he looks to be an up and coming coach in the business but we can't take a chance on a guy that's unproven like that again. The risk isn't worth the reward imo.

I hope it's gruden or bust..throw everything you can at the guy.

Reactions: 4 people
Also found out Hart is not worried about Dooleys buyout, it will cost around $130,000 a month for 36 months. He will move forward with or without donors support. Will look for donors support in helping with new coaches salary if he moves in that direction. Sounding like Dooley is done unless Hart cant get who he wants, the only name ive heard he would take a chance on is maybe Smart. Any other coach will be a proven head coach.

Smart is a proven commodity in some coaching circles, and there plenty of AD's that would take him in a heartbeat.

The fact that Hart is referring to him as "taking a chance" is good. If the above is true, I like where his head is at.

That said, I'm personally just about done with Saban assistants.

Groundbreaking stuff.

Smart is a proven commodi ty in some coaching circles, and there plenty of AD's that would take him in a heartbeat.

The fact that Hart is referring to him as "taking a chance" is good. If the above is true, I like where his head is at.

Someone that has never been a head coach before is not a proven commodity in any circle.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Smart is a proven commodity in some coaching circles, and there plenty of AD's that would take him in a heartbeat.

I want nothing to do with any of Saban's guys. I want a coach that's not friends with Nick Saban. Only one that has really panned out is Muschamp and Tuberville had a lot of influence there too.

From what I've been told, he has donors' support. What I formerly said about the buyout was wrong. It is indeed a non-issue now.

I want nothing to do with any of Saban's guys. I want a coach that's not friends with Nick Saban. Only one that has really panned out is Muschamp and Tuberville had a lot of influence there too.

We have sabans TE coach and LB coach as our head coach and DC can't really compare them to ppl he trust to be OC and DC

Yup, I'd rather get a guy that despised Saban and did everything he could to beat the sh!t out of him, in every possible way.

We have sabans TE coach and LB coach as our head coach and DC can't really compare them to ppl he trust to be OC and DC

Saban said he thinks Dooley is doing a great job as the Tennessee coach. You do the math. All those guys learn from Saban is how to recruit. Sal is dumbest Coordinator I think I've ever watched.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back