New Commit

It's not that hard when you have 1-2 games a season of competent teams.

The other 10 games were against the likes of LA Tech, Idaho, and Fresno State.

I'm not talking about the rest of their schedule. When you don't evaluate talent that well you get 3* kids that play for La tech and a season like La Tech had. The point I'm making is that when you evaluate good talent regaurdless what the stars are beside their name, you can compete with and beat SEC talent "UGA", compete and beat BigXII talent "Oklahoma, TCU" and compete and beat ACC talent" V. Tech".

Seriously though there are plenty of 6-6 to 6-8 offensive linemen in the NFL. As long as he's flexible.

If you look at it from that perspective, how many successful 6'10 OL have there been? I can't think of any. I think Ogden was 6'8 or 6'9.

If you look at it from that perspective, how many successful 6'10 OL have there been? I can't think of any. I think Ogden was 6'8 or 6'9.

LMFAO! This is the first time in volnation history that I've heard us arguing over a playing being too big.

LMFAO! This is the first time in volnation history that I've heard us arguing over a playing being too big.
internet recruiting analysis is like listening to drunk people discuss astrophysics.

Peters was not a 3 star - he was a 4 star, top 150 player, and 6th at his position on rivals - very high 4 star on 247 as well

Santos was a 4 star on espn and 247, just not rivals

Just like I have said before, ever who has Tn or a player ranked higher is who is right and the other services has it wrong. Oh and if you question Dooley or the coaching staff your not a VFL. The bottom line is none of this even matters if Dooley doesn't win this year. And no people really don't want to see Tn lose just because of DD.

Rajon Neal, Dallas, Croom, Randolph, J. Coleman, Drae Bowles, D. O'Brien, etc.

We also got in early on Peters and Santos (who were committed for a long time last year, before bailing out right before Signing Day)
None of those guys fit what you're talking about.

LSU and Alabama played in the NC game last year.

Florida, Georgia, and Texas A&M have the best in state talent in the nation.

We are coming off back to back losing seasons. Would seventh really be that bad?

But on ESPN we are behind those schools Vandy, and the Miss schools.

As I recall, Boise St. has done pretty well with a bunch 3* that were "under the radar type players. Let the coaches evaluate the talent and extend offers as they see fit. After all, its not like this guy is 5'4 145lbs or something....

Does Boise St have to compete with Bama,Ga,Fla,LSU etc. on weekly bases ? That's what I thought. Getting up to play 1 big time school a year is a lot different than doing it every Saturday .

:clapping:The difference between a 3 star and 4 star is most of the time the 4 star gets in more trouble because the 3 star is to busy in the gym working on his game and the 4 star is busy running up and down the road listening to ever body tell him how good he his.

Wow, this post is startling. I mean, Wow!

:clapping:The difference between a 3 star and 4 star is most of the time the 4 star gets in more trouble because the 3 star is to busy in the gym working on his game and the 4 star is busy running up and down the road listening to ever body tell him how good he his.
Gold.

These situations are a no win for Dooley. When these kids commit, "why is he only recruiting three stars we don't want them" and if the kid decommits or is told to look elsewhere "Dooley can't hold onto his recruits"

What about recruiting at a higher level? Sounds like winning to me.

VN Store

Back