Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

Dooley and Hart are trying to establish the ut brand again as has been mentioned by a few recruits this year. With the deals in place with men's wearhouse and the white house style dinners along with the internships at established businesses they are pushing the vfl. It's very unique and a great approach but there is no brand if there isn't winning.

What was that about White House interns? I'm pretty sure we'll get NCAA probation for that!

Dooley hasn't had any stability in his staff since he was hired.

Are you saying if Tennessee was winning it would help recruiting? That's kind of obvious.

If it's that obvious then why are you *****ing considering I said that in the OP? He has a great approach. That article laid it out for us the different approaches by each coaching staff. It was a good read. Great approaches need results to seal the deal... what are you arguing?

If it's that obvious then why are you *****ing considering I said that in the OP? He has a great approach. That article laid it out for us the different approaches by each coaching staff. It was a good read. Great approaches need results to seal the deal... what are you arguing?

If it were perfect, it would work. Right now, it's not.

"Dooley would be an awesome recruiter if he won more games!!!!"

Well, no s**t.

If it were perfect, it would work. Right now, it's not.

"Dooley would be an awesome recruiter if he won more games!!!!"

Well, no s**t.

Dooley is about perfect when it comes to his approach in dealing with both the recruit and parent. If I were a recruit I would be weary in playing for a guy that hasn't produced anything yet no matter how convicing he was. Again what are you arguing? I'm not praising Dooley, I just pointed to an article to show what Dooley does for some recruits. The greatest official visit would usually make one assume a team is in the top 3-4. The approach was impeccable, but there was no way Jenkins would've came here with the lack of success to this point.

Dooley is about perfect when it comes to his approach in dealing with both the recruit and parent. If I were a recruit I would be weary in playing for a guy that hasn't produced anything yet no matter how convicing he was. Again what are you arguing? I'm not praising Dooley, I just pointed to an article to show what Dooley does for some recruits. The greatest official visit would usually make one assume a team is in the top 3-4. The approach was impeccable, but there was no way Jenkins would've came here with the lack of success to this point.

So the approach is irrelevant.

That instills confidence in the direction of the program.

So the approach is irrelevant.

That instills confidence in the direction of the program.

Recruits love to talk and eat dinner with a great guy like Dooley. Unfortunately, they like to play college football for coaches that are capable of winning games in the SEC. Yes. That makes me feel great about the program.

Recruits love to talk and eat dinner with a great guy like Dooley. Unfortunately, they like to play college football for coaches that are capable of winning games in the SEC. Yes. That makes me feel great about the program.

I'm sure they have great shower discipline, can water bamboo and know WWII history after a visit with Dooley though.

Patterson got his coach a job here and Sentimore was comfortable with Thompson.

It's obvious all you want to do is argue. Every recruit we got was comfortable with a position coach. What's your point? There are countless guys that the approach works on, but as I originally said the approach with some wins would open the floodgates for UT this year. Several big names interested and if they had the same mindset as I would if I were considering UT, they are in a wait and see mode.

CDD has done a good job of recruiting considering what little he's had to work with so far.

WHY are so many people expecting to win 8 games or more if CDD has done such a bad recruiting job?

Some people just love to argue even if they contradict themselves.

I expected a 4 to 5 year rebuilding timeline and so far it's looking like we're a bit ahead of things going into the 3rd season with CDD.

VFL...GBO!!!

"""Tennessee was the best official visit I had"""

Dooley sucks. In over his head.

The only stars that really matter when it comes to restaurants are Michelin stars...and there aren't five of them.

Since the Crosseyed Cricket closed I can't imagine East Tennessee having a 5 Star restaurant! I used to love that place when I was a kid.

am i missing something? the thread title praises dooley's recruiting ability, yet the article describes how a georgia signee got away from alabama.

bueller? bueller? bueller?
Troll troll troll troll go away Gator POS. Who gives a s--t aboUT what you think.:Bbiteme::bottom: :shaking2::crap2: :bash: :finger3:

If it were so "special" he would be a Vol.

You NegaVol. How dare you use logic and actually expect the coach to get the kid before you praise him!!! What's nex? Are you gonna expect him to beat the good teams before you name him SEC Coach of the year?
Dumb PJ...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yet his visit stood our more than any other. Winning provides stability. Stability seals the deal for great approaches in recruiting. It's not a hard concept. I loved fulmers approach to recruiting but the lack of wins made that approach worthless.

If you only knew how silly this looks. The kid had UT 3rd at best. So he mentioned DD and his visit. DD is a nice guy but we were 3rd at best.

If you only knew how silly this looks. The kid had UT 3rd at best. So he mentioned DD and his visit. DD is a nice guy but we were 3rd at best.

What part of my post do you not agree with, just to be clear. He has a very good approach. If he wins the floodgates will open in recruiting. What is there to disagree with?

Last edited:
What part of my post do you not agree with, just to be clear. He has a very good approach. If he wins the floodgates will open in recruiting. What is there to disagree with?

You went from perfect to very good.

Which is it?

Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

It's nice to hear he has a nice approach to recruiting...Great to know...Now if ONLY he he had a nice approach to COACHING!....Then We would be in business :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back