Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

You don't think Dooley is recruiting well?

Sure, nationally.

Compared to the SEC, he's been outrecruited by six other teams (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and now TAMU).

The SEC is tough as hell. If he were in any other conference, he'd be doing just fine.

I liked his first two classes. Was not impressed outside the JUCO DL and WR's this year. I don't think it was SEC elite quality at all.

And Peterman.

Last edited:
Didn't Kitten get in trouble for putting on a presentation in Neyland? Something about creating a game day atmosphere is illegal. Yet he said this:

What was the most creative thing UGA did? “They turned on the stadium lights and put on the inspirational video [on the scoreboard] when I went on my official visit. That’s one of the things that really opened my eyes because I was like ‘Wow, I can really play here at Georgia and enjoy it’ after watching that. It began to change my whole opinion of Georgia.”

Hmmmm.

Kiffin allowed them run out with a smoke machine and engage in a press conference. That is what got him into trouble.

Nothing wrong with watching a video in the stadium. In fact, Dooley frequently uses the same tactic.

so, your basically saying the approach is meaningless by indicating that winning is what would seal the deal.

look, i like the approach too. but, dooley did not invent the concept of showing a kid a good time, warming up to momma, and letting the kid order an expensive meal.

what will dooley think of next, hostesses?

tennessee wasn't even the maid of honor in this one. not exactly the finest example of his recruiting prowess.

Apparently he did a good enough job for Jordan to say it stood out compared to others. And no I don't see other colleges with deals with men's wearhouse, luxurious team dinners each week that require suit and tie, etc... it's a great approach that needs wins to fully sell it. And the thread wasn't meant to show hid recruiting prowess, it was meant to show his approach.

Well I think a new episode of house airs tonight. There, now the thread has some new news.

Sure, nationally.

Compared to the SEC, he's been outrecruited by six other teams (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and now TAMU).

The SEC is tough as hell. If he were in any other conference, he'd be doing just fine.

I liked his first two classes. Was not impressed outside the JUCO DL and WR's this year. I don't think it was SEC elite quality at all.

And Peterman.

Bonner and McNeil? Trent Taylor has been making an impact and turning heads since he's been on campus. Borque? O'Brien? Class this year could definitely have been better especially at lb but there was a lot of very good pieces.

Sure, nationally.

And Peterman.

We lost the linebackers.

Dooley has recruited a team that will score many many points.

Major hauls all around in recruiting will come with domination this year.

Peterman = his name...he is the man

Apparently he did a good enough job for Jordan to say it stood out compared to others. And no I don't see other colleges with deals with men's wearhouse, luxurious team dinners each week that require suit and tie, etc... it's a great approach that needs wins to fully sell it. And the thread wasn't meant to show hid recruiting prowess, it was meant to show his approach.

...and that fantastic approach finished, at BEST, third for this recruit. Yes. That is a perfect approach to recruiting.

Didn't Kitten get in trouble for putting on a presentation in Neyland? Something about creating a game day atmosphere is illegal. Yet he said this:

What was the most creative thing UGA did? “They turned on the stadium lights and put on the inspirational video [on the scoreboard] when I went on my official visit. That’s one of the things that really opened my eyes because I was like ‘Wow, I can really play here at Georgia and enjoy it’ after watching that. It began to change my whole opinion of Georgia.”

Hmmmm.

That happens at Neyland too. I was there during the junior vols weekend for a wedding reception that was taking place in the luxury boxes and was on the 2nd deck watching the display. The lights were on and video was playing. They didn't simulate any kind of game experience, just letting them see how impressive the stadium looks from the field and letting them see a cool video. Definitely pretty inspiring I have to say. Neyland lit up like that on a nice clear night, completely quiet, with a vols video in the background is a very cool experience. Very different feeling from the normal Saturdays. Almost gives it a hallowed ground feel.

Sure, nationally.

And Peterman.

That's valid, SEC recruiting is insane and is only getting more so. That said, I've never been convinced that the difference between the top 10 or so classes is that great. At that level it comes down to finding those special players who are going to be the difference makers.

Hell, after reading that, If we end up firing Dooley, he better be first in line for the job as head recruting coordinator

Apparently you cant read.

You really should have picked out a better story than this to say Dooley has a "great approach" to recruiting.

A recruit saying he ate well and wore a jumpsuit to the game doesn't really show how great a recruiter Dooley is.

If you walk onto Shields-Watkins Field and don't feel something special then I don't know what to tell you.

VN Store

Back