Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

Which coach not from UGA was the nicest? “Coach Derek Dooley and Coach Gene Chizik. Coach Dooley was incredibly nice. My mom really loved Coach Dooley. I hated to tell him that I wasn’t coming to Tennessee.”

Love it.

Why do you love it? We didn't land the recruit. What are we now celebrating moral recruiting victories?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Misleading thread title. If DD had the perfect approach the kid would be a Vol.

Show me where I posted anything in this thread praising anything.

I didn't say you did. But read the title of the thread! It is a thread (and I said we, as in Volnation) praising DD for having the "Perfect approach".

Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Just wait and see what happens with recruiting after UT makes a run at the SEC East title this year. Watch out!!! Oh yea, I said it...UT will make a run at the SEC East title THIS YEAR.

I didn't say you did. But read the title of the thread! It is a thread (and I said we, as in Volnation) praising DD for having the "Perfect approach".

You asked if I ever live in reality, same thing.

am i missing something? the thread title praises dooley's recruiting ability, yet the article describes how a georgia signee got away from alabama.

bueller? bueller? bueller?

win close games?

I think what the players need to learn is that they can outscore anybody in the country and offensively dominate the SEC east.

DD will play to win.

The offense just needs an attitude from game 1.

NO CLOSE GAMES

Good lord...

"how to win AND close out games."

am i missing something? the thread title praises dooley's recruiting ability, yet the article describes how a georgia signee got away from alabama.

bueller? bueller? bueller?

Yes, you apparently are. I love the approach. Have to win to provide stability to seal the deal. Not a complex concept.

Didn't Kitten get in trouble for putting on a presentation in Neyland? Something about creating a game day atmosphere is illegal. Yet he said this:

What was the most creative thing UGA did? “They turned on the stadium lights and put on the inspirational video [on the scoreboard] when I went on my official visit. That’s one of the things that really opened my eyes because I was like ‘Wow, I can really play here at Georgia and enjoy it’ after watching that. It began to change my whole opinion of Georgia.”

Hmmmm.

Didn't Kitten get in trouble for putting on a presentation in Neyland? Something about creating a game day atmosphere is illegal. Yet he said this:

What was the most creative thing UGA did? “They turned on the stadium lights and put on the inspirational video [on the scoreboard] when I went on my official visit. That’s one of the things that really opened my eyes because I was like ‘Wow, I can really play here at Georgia and enjoy it’ after watching that. It began to change my whole opinion of Georgia.”

Hmmmm.

My guess is it featured Josh Groban.

I'm sorry, but you either get the recruit or you don't.

Your pitch either works or it doesn't.

Yes, you apparently are. I love the approach. Have to win to provide stability to seal the deal. Not a complex concept.

so, your basically saying the approach is meaningless by indicating that winning is what would seal the deal.

look, i like the approach too. but, dooley did not invent the concept of showing a kid a good time, warming up to momma, and letting the kid order an expensive meal.

what will dooley think of next, hostesses?

tennessee wasn't even the maid of honor in this one. not exactly the finest example of his recruiting prowess.

so, your basically saying the approach is meaningless by indicating that winning is what would seal the deal.

look, i like the approach too. but, dooley did not invent the concept of showing a kid a good time, warming up to momma, and letting the kid order an expensive meal.

what will dooley think of next, hostess?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf52LBj9zVQ[/youtube]

VN Store

Back