Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

You really should have picked out a better story than this to say Dooley has a "great approach" to recruiting.

A recruit saying he ate well and wore a jumpsuit to the game doesn't really show how great a recruiter Dooley is.

It does if the recruit actually felt special enough about it to mention it and show such a high regard for Tennessee and Dooley

Damn i don't know what to say about this thread. Reaching at best. Lets see Dools win a game that means something before we start celebrating guys we never got? Uh yeah.:confused: This is going to be a long offseason.

If it were so "special" he would be a Vol.

What exactly did Dooley have to sell to this player? A 5-7 season? 7 new coaches? our record over the past 5 years? Yet this player still mentioned Derek Dooley specifically and IMO that shows that he did his job to the best of his ability, and ultimately you can't change someones mind, you can only do your best to help them change it, and he did just that

You really should have picked out a better story than this to say Dooley has a "great approach" to recruiting.

A recruit saying he ate well and wore a jumpsuit to the game doesn't really show how great a recruiter Dooley is.

Approach does not equal execution. I love Tebows approach to the game, doesn't mean he's a great qb. Dooley has a great approach just needs to be solidified with wins. This was a story to show What Dooley does in recruiting, not to say he's the best recruiter ever.

Reactions: 1 person
It does if the recruit actually felt special enough about it to mention it and show such a high regard for Tennessee and Dooley

:good!: Right. He's holding Dooley in high regard for buying him a good meal while he's playing football for one of our primary rivals. Had he decided not to go to Georgia, then he would have been thanking Dooley for a great meal while playing for Bama. Dooley sure can recruit!

Approach does not equal execution. I love Tebows approach to the game, doesn't mean he's a great qb. Dooley has a great approach just needs to be solidified with wins. This was a story to show What Dooley does in recruiting, not to say he's the best recruiter ever.

So a "perfect approach to recruiting" doesn't make him the best recruiter ever? How exactly does one improve on perfection?

He takes the recruits out to eat and lets them wear warmups.

Ground breaking stuff here by Dooley. I bet he taught Saban that trick

:good!: Right. He's holding Dooley in high regard for buying him a good meal while he's playing football for one of our primary rivals. Had he decided not to go to Georgia, then he would have been thanking Dooley for a great meal while playing for Bama. Dooley sure can recruit!

I just don't understand how you can argue that a recruit who mentioned dooley in such a positive manner, even though he didnt end up being a Vol, is a bad thing.

The fact is that Dooley can recruit. In fact, he's recruited all the pieces we need to suceed, all with last years record of 5-7 and the coaching turnover out the wazoo. His recruiting skills were mentioned a lot after his hiring, remember?

Now I do agree that this year will be a make or break year, and if it turns out that Dooley's recruits aren't up to snuff, then I will glady renig on my position, but IMO, with the pieces he's been handed, he's done a helluva job getting the best talent and fit for the team that he can, and thats the definition of a good recruiter.

Last edited:
Most SEC towns do not lay claim to a legitimate upscale restaurant either. Knoxville has several.

He takes the recruits out to eat and lets them wear warmups.

Ground breaking stuff here by Dooley. I bet he taught Saban that trick

Yet his visit stood our more than any other. Winning provides stability. Stability seals the deal for great approaches in recruiting. It's not a hard concept. I loved fulmers approach to recruiting but the lack of wins made that approach worthless.

Dooley and Hart are trying to establish the ut brand again as has been mentioned by a few recruits this year. With the deals in place with men's wearhouse and the white house style dinners along with the internships at established businesses they are pushing the vfl. It's very unique and a great approach but there is no brand if there isn't winning.

Reactions: 1 person
Well obviously were not going to land every recruit no matter the presentation. Who knows if it's a perfect approach. I feel like he's done a pretty good recruiting job given his situation that was completely f'ed up 2 years before he even got here. We just need some big wins no matter what side of Dooley your on.

Yet his visit stood our more than any other. Winning provides stability. Stability seals the deal for great approaches in recruiting. It's not a hard concept. I loved fulmers approach to recruiting but the lack of wins made that approach worthless.

Dooley hasn't had any stability in his staff since he was hired.

Are you saying if Tennessee was winning it would help recruiting? That's kind of obvious.

VN Store

Back