'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

they will hire another big time coach, its not like bama doesnt have a history and cant get another top notch coaches.

Let's put it this way, Bama won't be getting another Saban or anyone close to his caliber. He is arguably one of the greatest college coaches of all-time, well, actually, I don't think that is in doubt anymore.

Anyone after Saban is a big step down. Sorry.

Nkemdiche isnt a Bama lean bc of Saban...hes a Bama lean bc his HS coach is a former Bammer. And it doesnt hurt that Bama has won 2 of the last 3 NC. He likes Bama for Bama, not bc of Saban. If Saban left...which he wont, but if he did then Bama would still most likely land the top 2 prospects in the nation...both from GA.

Let's put it this way, Bama won't be getting another Saban or anyone close to his caliber. He is arguably one of the greatest college coaches of all-time, well, actually, I don't think that is in doubt anymore.

Anyone after Saban is a big step down. Sorry.

of course u might not get another Saban but to think the program cant get another big time coach and continue to win is foolish.
I think Bama learned their lesson by hiring in house guys that failed

but right now its a mute point because Saban is still there

Last edited:
of course u might not get another Saban but to think the program cant get another big time coach and continue to win is foolish.
I think Bama learned their lesson by hiring in house guys that failed

but right now its a mute point because Saban is still there

Your AD wanted Rich Rodriguez and got lucky Nick Saban fell in his lap by wanting to come back to CFB. Add to that the other coaching hires, and you have confidence in the next hire?

Reactions: 1 person
Your AD wanted Rich Rodriguez and got lucky Nick Saban fell in his lap by wanting to come back to CFB. Add to that the other coaching hires, and you have confidence in the next hire?

like i said they learned from those other hires.

money is the key, saban wanted to come back but bama doesnt get him unless they offer that fat contract. not saying that things will automatically work out, something that can be said for every program but im pretty sure they will just throw some money out there to one of the next hot shot coaches and see if he bites

u seem to forget all those coaching changes happened during the probation years so that did play a part. other than that Bama has always been a winner. also im sure the cupboard wont be as bare as those days for the next coach that comes in

Last edited:
like i said they learned from those other hires.

money is the key, saban wanted to come back but bama doesnt get him unless they offer that fat contract. not saying that things will automatically work out, something that can be said for every program but im pretty sure they will just throw some money out there to one of the next hot shot coaches and see if he bites

u seem to forget all those coaching changes happened during the probation years so that did play a part. other than that Bama has always been a winner. also im sure the cupboard wont be as bare as those days for the next coach that comes in

You're describing what every major program does, not just Alabama. The hot shot coach at the time that tvols75 is referring to, was Rich Rod. You got lucky.

I agree with you, Lynx, Saban is the promised land Moses witnessed at the top of the mountain; it can't get any better than that. Either Alabama's program will stay the same after he leaves or decline. Of course this is all cyclical though. I know it's hard to believe that any program that's on a roll like Alabama (pun intended, and it is one hell of a roll that will unfortunately continue for at least as long as Sab's there) could not possibly continue said roll after a coaching change. However, the entire history of college football says that such things are possible. How else did Alabama get in the crapper after Stallings left? Yeah, probation, but there's much more to it than that. Every program experiences its ups and downs. Nothing last forever. What's hot today won't be tomorrow and then it will be hot again the day after tomorrow. Alabama will sink again sometime and then come roaring back again. Same will go with Tennessee. And hopefully we have seen the end of our current sink. Now, let's all hope Saban leaves as soon as possible.

I agree with you, Lynx, Saban is the promised land Moses witnessed at the top of the mountain; it can't get any better than that. Either Alabama's program will stay the same after he leaves or decline. Of course this is all cyclical though. I know it's hard to believe that any program that's on a roll like Alabama (pun intended, and it is one hell of a roll that will unfortunately continue for at least as long as Sab's there) could not possibly continue said roll after a coaching change. However, the entire history of college football says that such things are possible. How else did Alabama get in the crapper after Stallings left? Yeah, probation, but there's much more to it than that. Every program experiences its ups and downs. Nothing last forever. What's hot today won't be tomorrow and then it will be hot again the day after tomorrow. Alabama will sink again sometime and then come roaring back again. Same will go with Tennessee. And hopefully we have seen the end of our current sink. Now, let's all hope Saban leaves as soon as possible.

Bear Bryant had several losing seasons, and Saban will have a few too. The only thing is that Alabama football fans might not give Saban the chance to rebound that Bryant got, even though he is the best coach in college football right now and gave them two national championships.

Yes UA fans are spoiled at the moment and yes expectations are high for UA to be competing as one of the top teams for years to come. Not really that much to ask to be honest. USC and Carroll would still be there if it was not for the NCAA troubles. The SEC seems to be seperating itselfs inward among the teams.

In regards to Saban and a new coach, the only thing that can hurt the program is the NCAA. CRR was a top candidate because the program was still under probation and not done well. If all the negative things shadowing UA were not there UA would have had its pick of coaches. If and when Saban retires, if UA is still on top and does not have the NCAA hanging around the top coaches in CFB(the next Saban) will be beating our door down. The same could be said for UT. If Fulmer would have left the program in better shape UT would be one of the top teams still and coaches would be knocking on the door. The difference is how the program is left. Saban left LSU to Miles in pretty good shape and I expect the same thing at UA when he leaves.

Bear Bryant had several losing seasons, and Saban will have a few too. The only thing is that Alabama football fans might not give Saban the chance to rebound that Bryant got, even though he is the best coach in college football right now and gave them two national championships.

This is not UA's first rodeo. Most fans expect a bump or two. Actually Saban has a few gimmes because what he has already done for the program. Saban could probably finish 8-4 this upcoming season and most fans would just say next year we will be back. The concern for any fanbase is when an established staff who was on a role slips for several seasons. Saban could have a subpar season every 3 or 4 years and it would probably never be questioned. Again most UA fans know it will happen eventually.

Yes UA fans are spoiled at the moment and yes expectations are high for UA to be competing as one of the top teams for years to come. Not really that much to ask to be honest. USC and Carroll would still be there if it was not for the NCAA troubles. The SEC seems to be seperating itselfs inward among the teams.

In regards to Saban and a new coach, the only thing that can hurt the program is the NCAA. CRR was a top candidate because the program was still under probation and not done well. If all the negative things shadowing UA were not there UA would have had its pick of coaches. If and when Saban retires, if UA is still on top and does not have the NCAA hanging around the top coaches in CFB(the next Saban) will be beating our door down. The same could be said for UT. If Fulmer would have left the program in better shape UT would be one of the top teams still and coaches would be knocking on the door. The difference is how the program is left. Saban left LSU to Miles in pretty good shape and I expect the same thing at UA when he leaves.

I agree with the majority of this. It still remains that they offered Rich Rodriguez, and it wasn't until he declined that they offered Saban. It had nothing to do with anything about probation being the reason of going aft CRR. If/when Saban leaves, you have a guy with a cloudy track record hiring a coach.

I think RN's recruitment is going to get ugly. Nothing against RN, everything I hear is that he is a good kid, I just think there will be so many butthurt fans by the time it is all said and done.

I only see 2 fan bases that could get upset regarding his final decision. One being UA because so many think he is a lock. They assumed the same thing about Cyrus K and they were really caught off guard when he almost went to AU and were screaming foul when eveything went down in the 11th hour.

UGA fans will be the other, especially if UGA has a another season like 2010. They got the benefit of the SEC East being down this year, but learned real quick in the SECCG they were not back. There is a great chance UGA will not sign the top 3 recruits in their state. If they have a subpar season again and CMR fails to sign the top recruits in the state they fan base will probably meltdown.

I agree with the majority of this. It still remains that they offered Rich Rodriguez, and it wasn't until he declined that they offered Saban. It had nothing to do with anything about probation being the reason of going aft CRR. If/when Saban leaves, you have a guy with a cloudy track record hiring a coach.

Actually Saban was offered prior but said he would not leave the NFL. CRR was one of the very few options UA had to turn to and was the only one that even would entertain the idea at the moment. We did not have many top shelf coaches look our way that year. UA was also still on probation at that period and was dealing with reduced scholarships in previous classes that had really taken a toll on the resources.

Remember UF just won the NC and was expected to contend the next year with LSU(who did win) to also compete. UA was way behind the pack in the SEC and that in a conference where coaches are expected to win every year. Again not manu coaches looked UA's way.

I only see 2 fan bases that could get upset regarding his final decision. One being UA because so many think he is a lock. They assumed the same thing about Cyrus K and they were really caught off guard when he almost went to AU and were screaming foul when eveything went down in the 11th hour.

UGA fans will be the other, especially if UGA has a another season like 2010. They got the benefit of the SEC East being down this year, but learned real quick in the SECCG they were not back. There is a great chance UGA will not sign the top 3 recruits in their state. If they have a subpar season again and CMR fails to sign the top recruits in the state they fan base will probably meltdown.

I would not go that far just yet. Remember Bama was the leader for Jenkins for a very long time. Jenkins even considered not taking his OV to UGA. Of course we all know where Jenkins ended up signing.

We may not get the top 3 players but they are listening. I can also tell you that UGA is in great shape for Foster, eventhough he's committed to Bama. Keep an eye on that one.

I would not go that far just yet. Remember Bama was the leader for Jenkins for a very long time. Jenkins even considered not taking his OV to UGA. Of course we all know where Jenkins ended up signing.

We may not get the top 3 players but they are listening. I can also tell you that UGA is in great shape for Foster, eventhough he's committed to Bama. Keep an eye on that one.

Foster is playing UGA and I would be more concerned about him flipping Mathews than Foster coming to UGA. Foster is not from GA nor is his family.

Keep on eye on that one, is that not what you said about G Smith?

Foster is playing UGA and I would be more concerned about him flipping Mathews than Foster coming to UGA. Foster is not from GA nor is his family.

Keep on eye on that one, is that not what you said about G Smith?

Foster is playing UGA? What would he get from that. As far as Matthews goes, dream on. Wiggins came out and stated that he was being recruited by Matthews, and even brought up the idea about all 3, Foster being the other guy, playing together.

Geno did like UGA. It was a family decision and you have to respect that.

Foster is playing UGA? What would he get from that. As far as Matthews goes, dream on. Wiggins came out and stated that he was being recruited by Matthews, and even brought up the idea about all 3, Foster being the other guy, playing together.

Foster and Nkemdiche will probably be family decisions too. Just saying.

Not one time did Smith ever name UGA in his top group. Even if the family makes a decision it does not mean he would not mention a team he liked. He had a top 5 and the family had no issue with the other 4 schools he named. What was the issue with UGA?

Matthews also stated Foster was recruiting him to UA, and Foster said Matthews was sort of recruiting him but not nearly as much. Foster also said that he can not wait to play with all 3 of them together. Meaning Foster, Nkemdiche, and McCrary.

Foster is recruiting harder for UA than Smith did.

I also like your homerism. You can say a player is locked when they are commited and recruiting for you, but when another fan says the same about a current commit you say no because UGA is recruiting him. But it is what it is. But UA has a better chance to flip Matthews than UGA flipping Foster. If we both are so sure neither is going anywhere.

Not one time did Smith ever name UGA in his top group. Even if the family makes a decision it does not mean he would not mention a team he liked. He had a top 5 and the family had no issue with the other 4 schools he named. What was the issue with UGA?

Matthews also stated Foster was recruiting him to UA, and Foster said Matthews was sort of recruiting him but not nearly as much. Foster also said that he can not wait to play with all 3 of them together. Meaning Foster, Nkemdiche, and McCrary.

Foster is recruiting harder for UA than Smith did.

I also like your homerism. You can say a player is locked when they are commited and recruiting for you, but when another fan says the same about a current commit you say no because UGA is recruiting him. But it is what it is. But UA has a better chance to flip Matthews than UGA flipping Foster. If we both are so sure neither is going anywhere.
Geno was trying to play the recruiting game. He would say we were his dream school and then turn around and say we weren't even in his top 3 or top 5. The problem is Geno would take message board comments too personal and would turn around and start ripping the fanbase for it. The good thing is that a wise person gave him some great advice and we never heard that side of Geno again. CB was not a big need for us in this class, we only signed one.

We will not agree on Foster and Matthews. Like you said, it is what it is. I only make homerish comments when I hear some good info. Have I been a homer when it comes to Nkemdiche? I respect your opinions but I also have my own.

You guys say that about every player from Ga.:whistling:

VN Store

Back