'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

^to go to bama? that doesnt excite me that much.

Doesn't excite me either. But with short-term goals in mind, I'd like to win the SEC east sometime soon. If he doesn't go to UGA, which I think will be the main competition in the SEC East (sorry UF), then I'm happy. UGA does less with more anyways.

As long as CNS is at Bama, we're going to have to accept the fact they are going to bring in the best players year-in and year-out.

its gonna be tough for the bammers after saban leaves

NOBODY is gonna be able to fill that recruiting void

its gonna be tough for the bammers after saban leaves

NOBODY is gonna be able to fill that recruiting void

Thats not really true. Even Shula could bring in some top recruits. If UA had a few years in a row under Saban we probably would not have top classes. He came to UA with a reputation to win and as long as he does that recruits and their families will buy into that.

UA has a long tradition regarding football just like UT. Even now with UT down they still pull a great recruits each year because of the name itself. In short the program sells itself enough to bring in players and a solid class, winning brings in a great class. Coaches like Saban just allow a team to that is struggling to start off quicker, but once the level is established the recruits will keep coming.

I agree. They will get a good coach to follow him, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to follow-up his performance. No matter what, anything after CNS is a step down.

I agree. They will get a good coach to follow him, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to follow-up his performance. No matter what, anything after CNS is a step down.

No matter who Bama brings in they will have top 5 classes every year so long as they aren't in trouble with the NCAA. With Saban you can book a trip to the NC every 2-3 years. I doubt anyone could get close to matching that outside of a few. (Carrol, Miles, and Dooley) Added that last one in there to see if anyone read the entire post. :)

No matter who Bama brings in they will have top 5 classes every year so long as they aren't in trouble with the NCAA. With Saban you can book a trip to the NC every 2-3 years. I doubt anyone could get close to matching that outside of a few. (Carrol, Miles, and Dooley) Added that last one in there to see if anyone read the entire post. :)

Respectfully disagree. I don't know where Carroll came from, and Miles would do OK. He has the luxury of recruiting LA and the Houston area really well. AL produces a lot of talent, but not to the degree of LA.

Respectfully disagree. I don't know where Carroll came from, and Miles would do OK. He has the luxury of recruiting LA and the Houston area really well. AL produces a lot of talent, but not to the degree of LA.

Carroll was a very successful college coach to say the least. He cheated, but we would be childish to believe Saban and every other coach don't cheat as well. If he left the league to coach college at Bama they would be in title games every 3-4 years. Just my opinion. I typed, deleted, and re-typed Miles a couple of times. I just gave him the benefit of the doubt because he has played in a title game every 4 years as of now at LSU.

Point well taken on him not being able to bring in the same talent from Louisana.

Thats not really true. Even Shula could bring in some top recruits. If UA had a few years in a row under Saban we probably would not have top classes. He came to UA with a reputation to win and as long as he does that recruits and their families will buy into that.

UA has a long tradition regarding football just like UT. Even now with UT down they still pull a great recruits each year because of the name itself. In short the program sells itself enough to bring in players and a solid class, winning brings in a great class. Coaches like Saban just allow a team to that is struggling to start off quicker, but once the level is established the recruits will keep coming.
i know smart or who ever takes over ever will get great players

i just mean the way saban reloads a roster and getting the 1# class 4/5 yrs nobody will top that hell who ever takes over after saban will probably get 2 yrs at most to win a title or gtfo cuz you know his teams stay loaded

LSU fans will disagree but Saban brought that program to where it is now. Yes Miles proved he could win games without Saban's players but we will see where he is at in a few years. No offense to Miles but you go 13-1 and still miss on some of the top recruits in your state and already are behind in the next class.

Carroll was a great college coach. Maybe to some extent it was because of the Pac 10 competition but his teams also showed they could play with the big boys.

Reactions: 1 person
LSU fans will disagree but Saban brought that program to where it is now. Yes Miles proved he could win games without Saban's players but we will see where he is at in a few years. No offense to Miles but you go 13-1 and still miss on some of the top recruits in your state and already are behind in the next class.

Carroll was a great college coach. Maybe to some extent it was because of the Pac 10 competition but his teams also showed they could play with the big boys.

Before Saban was at LSU they were a garbage school!!! All he did was open the eyes to instate recruits that it was a school you could win at, Les Miles just kept it rolling. You won't hear many Swamp people admit that because they feel jaded by Saban but they should all send him a Christmas card every year.

I just want to say thank you for everything UT does to help UA in recruiting.:)

When I asked about his feelings about Alabama, Big Rob said “what else can you say about Alabama, except they are the best. The best coaches, the best facilities and they just hired the coach that was recruiting me for Tennessee, Coach Thompson, who would be one of my position coaches if I went there. They made me feel very comfortable when I went to junior day.” I asked him if he felt comfortable enough to commit during his visit and he said, "Yes sir, I thought about it.”

I doubt him joining the staff adding to much but it does soften the blow of the trade off for Sunseri.:)

"The general feeling among analysts and fans has always been that Nkemdiche, a defensive end at Grayson (Ga.) and the country's top recruit, was a virtual lock to the Crimson (Tide)," Rivals.com reported. "

"Over the weekend, Nkemdiche visited Ole Miss, and according to many accounts (including those from Nkemdiche), it went very well. So well, in fact, that sources tell us some inside the program think the Rebels are now the team to beat based on the vibe they got from Nkemdiche."

"I would like to see them play together [in college]," Sunny Nkemdiche told Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com. "In high school, it was fun for me...that would be a pleasure for them to play together."

ESPN

"The general feeling among analysts and fans has always been that Nkemdiche, a defensive end at Grayson (Ga.) and the country's top recruit, was a virtual lock to the Crimson (Tide)," Rivals.com reported. "

"Over the weekend, Nkemdiche visited Ole Miss, and according to many accounts (including those from Nkemdiche), it went very well. So well, in fact, that sources tell us some inside the program think the Rebels are now the team to beat based on the vibe they got from Nkemdiche."

"I would like to see them play together [in college]," Sunny Nkemdiche told Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com. "In high school, it was fun for me...that would be a pleasure for them to play together."

ESPN

You made my day because ESPN never has a clue. Per RN in an article today he stated that UA still #1 and UGA now #2. He only has plans to visit 2 schools this spring and that is UA and UGA for spring practices.

This is from right after she interviewed him yesterday.

Laura McKeeman‏@LauraMcKeeman
As expected, #OleMiss gained positive ground w/ Robert Nkemdiche on visit. Still not enough to catch #Bama. Tide still on top for 5-star DL

Again anything is possible and I am glad Ole Miss and thier fans think they have a shot, but they have a good of a shot landing RN as Vandy does winning the East. Before they tell ESPN they think they are the team to beat they may want to wait until after RN does his post visit interviews. I will take his word over their inside sources.:)

BTW ESPN is not happy with RN. He had a huge NSD event setup like Clowney with them and just announced he will not wait and does not want the deal anymore. He may decide as early as this spring now or right after his last game. From all accounts he will probably make a decision late summer.

You made my day because ESPN never has a clue. Per RN in an article today he stated that UA still #1 and UGA now #2. He only has plans to visit 2 schools this spring and that is UA and UGA for spring practices.

This is from right after she interviewed him yesterday.

Laura McKeeman‏@LauraMcKeeman
As expected, #OleMiss gained positive ground w/ Robert Nkemdiche on visit. Still not enough to catch #Bama. Tide still on top for 5-star DL

Again anything is possible and I am glad Ole Miss and thier fans think they have a shot, but they have a good of a shot landing RN as Vandy does winning the East. Before they tell ESPN they think they are the team to beat they may want to wait until after RN does his post visit interviews. I will take his word over their inside sources.:)

This has been the same pattern with RN. He'll talk great about the visit but will then say that team X might crack his top 5.

I don't mean that as a knock against the kid, he's a great kid overall.

Nugget for you: UGA and CMR have gained alot of ground on this race. I still believe Bama is in much better shape but we are setting ourselves up for a chance.

Before you all say that Ole Miss has no shot. Let me just let you know that his mother wants very badly for him and his brother to be together at the same college. So if you believe for one second that Coach Conn has more influence than his mother and brother do then you need to take off the homer glasses. Robert is going to the NFL regardless of where he goes to school barring some career ending injury. Ole Miss has a very real shot at landing Robert. Why do you think Georgia went after his brother so hard? If we would have signed Denzel then Robert would be committed to UGA right now.

Before you all say that Ole Miss has no shot. Let me just let you know that his mother wants very badly for him and his brother to be together at the same college. So if you believe for one second that Coach Conn has more influence than his mother and brother do then you need to take off the homer glasses. Robert is going to the NFL regardless of where he goes to school barring some career ending injury. Ole Miss has a very real shot at landing Robert. Why do you think Georgia went after his brother so hard? If we would have signed Denzel then Robert would be committed to UGA right now.

I do believe that if CMR would have signed Denzell, Robert more than likely would end up at UGA. If you take off your homer glasses and read the articles last year, UGA is where Denzell wanted to go. They were his first choice but UGA seemed to drop the ball on that one.

In regards to them at Ole Miss, no concerns at all. I have read every quote by his mother and father. They both said they would like them to play together, but they also have stated that it will be Robert's choice in the end. Also his mother does not live in the US and only visits at most twice a year and it is during the holidays when both would be home from college.

I have also never said one time his HS coach would push him one way or another. I can in fact on here and many UGA sites that show you posts where UGA fans believe that. He lived one year with his coach, last year moved in with a team mate because his coach was being criticized for RN living with him and accusations he was pushing him to UA.

Again RN will not go to Ole Miss and not one time has his parents said or him that he will play with his brother for sure. They have all said they like the idea and Robert said he would consider them for that. But he also has stated many times that he will do what is best for him.

BTW he said when his team mate and best friend who he lived with this past season that they were like brothers and he would loce to play with him i college. So I guess now MSU is a lock to. :)

This has been the same pattern with RN. He'll talk great about the visit but will then say that team X might crack his top 5.

I don't mean that as a knock against the kid, he's a great kid overall.

Nugget for you: UGA and CMR have gained alot of ground on this race. I still believe Bama is in much better shape but we are setting ourselves up for a chance.

Yep I agree and he really seems to be a great kid.

That is why I posted UGA is #2 now, but I am convinced that when RN commits it will be solid and I think for any team to pass UA at this point, like UGA, his recruitment needs to go on past his senior season. Not trying to be a homer but if he commits this spring or even in the summer I like UA's chances.

I do believe that if CMR would have signed Denzell, Robert more than likely would end up at UGA. If you take off your homer glasses and read the articles last year, UGA is where Denzell wanted to go. They were his first choice but UGA seemed to drop the ball on that one.

In regards to them at Ole Miss, no concerns at all. I have read every quote by his mother and father. They both said they would like them to play together, but they also have stated that it will be Robert's choice in the end. Also his mother does not live in the US and only visits at most twice a year and it is during the holidays when both would be home from college.

I have also never said one time his HS coach would push him one way or another. I can in fact on here and many UGA sites that show you posts where UGA fans believe that. He lived one year with his coach, last year moved in with a team mate because his coach was being criticized for RN living with him and accusations he was pushing him to UA.

Again RN will not go to Ole Miss and not one time has his parents said or him that he will play with his brother for sure. They have all said they like the idea and Robert said he would consider them for that. But he also has stated many times that he will do what is best for him.

BTW he said when his team mate and best friend who he lived with this past season that they were like brothers and he would loce to play with him i college. So I guess now MSU is a lock to. :)
Can you really consider it dropping the ball if the kid was trying to use his brother's recruitment as leverage to get guaranteed playing time. Crazy rumor that went around.

CMR and his staff are very smart men. They took Nathan Theus to solidify John Theus. They took Zander to solidify Alec Ogletree. They took C. Harrow to get Crowell. Now they backed off RN's brother for no reason? There's more to this story that is not being reported.

Can you really consider it dropping the ball if the kid was trying to use his brother's recruitment as leverage to get guaranteed playing time. Crazy rumor that went around.

CMR and his staff are very smart men. They took Nathan Theus to solidify John Theus. They took Zander to solidify Alec Ogletree. They took C. Harrow to get Crowell. Now they backed off RN's brother for no reason? There's more to this story that is not being reported.

I agree there is more to the story and yes Ole Miss took Denzell with the hope of getting Robert. He leveraged his brother to get a scholarship and from what I have heard if not for Robert he would not have gotten one. There were also major concerns regarding academics and some of the field issues.

For what its worth alot of rumors were coming out over the winter that he be leaving Ole Miss. Alot of them were that he was not happy at the school and his twitter alluded to that. I have also seen some concerns that he my not be academically eligible come fall. I would not be surprised to see Denzell headed to JUCO come fall.

I thought Georgia and Richt did not do "packaged deals"?

VN Store

Back