worst call in tssaa history

2) driving trains and chemicals don't mix. You're correct that a petroleum engineer would atleast have something in common with trains, but UT didn't offer a petroleum focus like some engineering schools in Texas, Louisiana, etc. so that's not my cup of tea.
3) yes it makes it ten times worse i'm sure.. It sucks but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

2) so you're good at making tea?
6) thanks for keeping me entertained while suffering threw dinner at the inlaws. Are we still friends?

2) so you're good at making tea?
6) thanks for keeping me entertained while suffering threw dinner at the inlaws. Are we still friends?

No i'm currently working with coal fired power plants and the epa in an attempt to make the wastes more clean through scrubbers and precipitators.

Normally i work in distillation.

Lot of people actually. Boyd has a pretty big following and im sure the players care you ***.

you sound like people i go to school with from Chattanooga. no offense but the only people who care about high school football are old men trying to relive their glory days.

Reactions: 1 person
you sound like people i go to school with from Chattanooga. no offense but the only people who care about high school football are old men trying to relive their glory days.

Let me clue you in. GM played at BBS a couple yrs back. My kid plays there now. If you don't care why are you in the high-school forum. If you don't want to comment on the refs call the shut the fire truck up and move on.
Thanks for stopping by.

Let me clue you in. GM played at BBS a couple yrs back. My kid plays there now. If you don't care why are you in the high-school forum. If you don't want to comment on the refs call the shut the fire truck up and move on.
Thanks for stopping by.

i saw the title and i thought it was funny cause my room mate has been *****ing about it so i had to jump at the opportunity to give you clowns some hell.

i saw the title and i thought it was funny cause my room mate has been *****ing about it so i had to jump at the opportunity to give you clowns some hell.

If you persist in your hell giving I will be forced to start the process of revoking Your 13.

4th down run called a TD giving the win in OT to Friendship Christian Vs.Boyd Buc Friday night.
Look up the video on news ch 3 in Chattanooga.
Notice the ref running in from the 4yrd line to make the call.

Are you a parent of a certain team?

Where is "footballref" when you need him?

The process of choosing the officials for the playoff games lies with the "supervising official" for each area. The crews are evaluated/graded out each week during the season. The "best" officials/crews are sent to the playoff games starting with the highest classifications and working down. As a former official in the TSSAA, I can tell you that every effort is made to get every call 100% correct but as humans, it just does not happen. I can assure you that no one feels worse than the man that blew the call. The bigger thing to do would be for Boyd Buch to realize this was a mistake and that they should be the ones to take the high road ..........never mind........never happen.

Last edited:
Where is "footballref" when you need him?

The process of choosing the officials for the playoff games lies with the "supervising official" for each area. The crews are evaluated/graded out each week during the season. The "best" officials/crews are sent to the playoff games starting with the highest classifications and working down. As a former official in the TSSAA, I can tell you that every effort is made to get every call 100% correct but as humans, it just does not happen. I can assure you that no one feels worse than the man that blew the call. The bigger thing to do would be for Boyd Buch to realize this was a mistake and that they should be the ones to take the high road ..........never mind........never happen.

Hey look its a FC parent. Congratulations on you state title you didn't earn. And as for the high road I would recommend you look into the reaction of Coach Reynolds at BBS vs others.

TSSAA is pretty bad every year. A few years ago the big Milan vs. Huntingdon game was decided when Huntingdon brought out the 2 RB 4 WR set. The ref was right beside Coach Jeff Morris and said that he saw it and would flag it if the ball was snapped. It was a 4th down play, and the extra RB was wide open 30 yds in the end zone. No flag. TSSAA suspended the crew for the rest of the playoffs and part of the next year I believe.

LOL. like that matters - per student, really?

Tennessee high school football plain sucks. It must really suck to be a tiny, bad 2A team in a terrible state for high school football.

No one cares about boyd buc and no one cares about ooltewah either - get over it

It's about on par with Tennessee college football in that regard.

Last edited:

That might be true in Chattanooga, but get out a little bit more. High school football is huge in many, many areas around Tennessee. I'm not an old man trying to relive my glory days, but I still catch as many of my alma mater's games as possible.

and i suppose old men don't watch college or pro ball for the same reason? what a moronic statement that was! are you really Heather Harrington? :lol:

Hey look its a FC parent. Congratulations on you state title you didn't earn. And as for the high road I would recommend you look into the reaction of Coach Reynolds at BBS vs others.

T-Town is a former official who has worked numerous state playoff games. I'd listen to him. He is spot on about trying to get it right. Whether you believe it or not a lot of time and effort goes into working a game on Friday night. I'm not going to argue the call. The video speaks for itself. No excuses. However, to issue a blanket statement on officiating in general is about as stupid as me saying that everyone from BB is a stuck up snob just because this one guy I know from there is a stuck up snob. You have no idea how much time these men give over the year to do this so the games can be played. The pay is minimal and the time commitment is maximum. Ask any HS official how much money they make and they will laugh. More money is spent in uniform, gas, fees, and lost wages than is ever made in game fees. That guy missed that one and yes it is unfortunate for your kids. However, that is not an indictment on all officials.
Without the officials, it is only recess.

T-Town is a former official who has worked numerous state playoff games. I'd listen to him. He is spot on about trying to get it right. Whether you believe it or not a lot of time and effort goes into working a game on Friday night. I'm not going to argue the call. The video speaks for itself. No excuses. However, to issue a blanket statement on officiating in general is about as stupid as me saying that everyone from BB is a stuck up snob just because this one guy I know from there is a stuck up snob. You have no idea how much time these men give over the year to do this so the games can be played. The pay is minimal and the time commitment is maximum. Ask any HS official how much money they make and they will laugh. More money is spent in uniform, gas, fees, and lost wages than is ever made in game fees. That guy missed that one and yes it is unfortunate for your kids. However, that is not an indictment on all officials.
Without the officials, it is only recess.

Just so you know, I know who he is. If he thinks about it he knows who I am. The FC parent comment was a throw back to a conversation about always being accused of being related to the other team.
The facts are the call was horrible. It determined the 2a state championship on 4th down in ot. I get that it is mostly a voluntary position. That doesn't mean we can't find younger better people to do the job.

Just so you know, I know who he is. If he thinks about it he knows who I am. The FC parent comment was a throw back to a conversation about always being accused of being related to the other team.
The facts are the call was horrible. It determined the 2a state championship on 4th down in ot. I get that it is mostly a voluntary position. That doesn't mean we can't find younger better people to do the job.
I agree they do miss a lot of calls both ways. It is a tough job. Not really much that can be done besides writing tssaa and giving specifics and request a ref/ump is not allowed to call your teams' games again.

Ignorance shines in this one. As I said in my last post, the officials are chosen for the playoffs be the merits of their performance all through the regular season. Age has nothing to do with it. I was 22 when I worked my first playoff game. If your this hurt over a high school game that did not go your way due to a missed call, you are a sad example for your son and the school. By the way, that missed call did not determine the state champion as it happenned in the semi-finals and not the championship game. You assume too mucH that BB would have been state champs just because Dresdin won. It is going to ba a LOOOOng three more years for you as his high school career is just getting started.
By the way, if the "I know him" and "he knows me" comment was at me, that is false.

Ignorance shines in this one. As I said in my last post, the officials are chosen for the playoffs be the merits of their performance all through the regular season. Age has nothing to do with it. I was 22 when I worked my first playoff game. If your this hurt over a high school game that did not go your way due to a missed call, you are a sad example for your son and the school. By the way, that missed call did not determine the state champion as it happenned in the semi-finals and not the championship game. You assume too mucH that BB would have been state champs just because Dresdin won. It is going to ba a LOOOOng three more years for you as his high school career is just getting started.
By the way, if the "I know him" and "he knows me" comment was at me, that is false.

1) You're
2) Both schools thought the game was for the state championship as the last 2 games were gimmes. thanks to the wonderful TSSAA the #1, #2, and #4 teams in the state in 2a were in the same quad and played early in the playoffs. The winner of this game won the next 2 by an average of 35 points.
3) quarter finals
4) Friendship Christian not Dresdin
5) My kids refer to me as Mighty Dad. They will be fine. Thanks for your concern though. The only reason we are still discussing This is someone felt the need to post. want it to stop? Stop posting.
6) I do know who you are. I'm glad you don't remember me. Never said I knew you as friends. to be honest I don't think much of you.

Before you jump on a thread to defend the honer of the TSSAA refs, Try to know what the heck you are talking about. :thumbsup:

1)Thanks for the typo correction.
2) Thinking that and it being true are two different things.
3) Being the quarter finals makes you look even more stupid.
4) I guess I should have known that FC won since I am a parent there huh?
5) Feel better?
6) Where and how do you know who I am? It pains me that such a fine example of a Christian man, or is that not on the app for BB these days, does not think much of me.

I posted on here because of your ignorance of the selection process and belittling of the officials. Yes, I do defend the honor of TSSAA officials and your assertions are idiotic. I have not been an official in TN for several years but actually know what the process is and what it takes to be an official. Like was posted early in the thread, be part of the solution or stop *****ing. Have the guts to put on the stripes.
Not keeping up with an insignificant school in TN and not getting the facts, that you are so butt hurt over, is the least of my concerns. I am sure that my good friend on the board of BB would love to see this thread and the way you are representing BB on here.

1)Thanks for the typo correction.
2) Thinking that and it being true are two different things.
3) Being the quarter finals makes you look even more stupid.
4) I guess I should have known that FC won since I am a parent there huh?
5) Feel better?
6) Where and how do you know who I am? It pains me that such a fine example of a Christian man, or is that not on the app for BB these days, does not think much of me.

I posted on here because of your ignorance of the selection process and belittling of the officials. Yes, I do defend the honor of TSSAA officials and your assertions are idiotic. I have not been an official in TN for several years but actually know what the process is and what it takes to be an official. Like was posted early in the thread, be part of the solution or stop *****ing. Have the guts to put on the stripes.
Not keeping up with an insignificant school in TN and not getting the facts, that you are so butt hurt over, is the least of my concerns. I am sure that my good friend on the board of BB would love to see this thread and the way you are representing BB on here.

Who's mad now? Hahahaha

if that makes you feel better to think I am mad, knock your self out there "Mighty Dad", you are showing your ignorance again though as there is not one drop of emotion in my posts

Last edited:

VN Store

Back