worst call in tssaa history

This is exactly the right call on an inadvertent whistle in this situation. As far as the whistle is concerned, that is something none of us want to do...but it happens every now and then.
Not disputing that was the right call. But the blown whistle was ridiculous and the result put the game in jeopardy by having to punt over when the game should have been sealed.

Anyway, I for one, hope to never see Patterson referee another Powell High School football game. Inexcusable mistake. The whistle was blowing before the ball touched the player's hands.

Not disputing that was the right call. But the blown whistle was ridiculous and the result put the game in jeopardy by having to punt over when the game should have been sealed.

Anyway, I for one, hope to never see Patterson referee another Powell High School football game. Inexcusable mistake. The whistle was blowing before the ball touched the player's hands.
An inadvertant whistle is the one thing we do not want to have happen. When we have these we hope they only happen during a scrimmage or a game well below varsity. When most officials mess up I will almost guarantee nobody in the place feels worse than that guy does. You can yell, scream, cuss, or bash all you want but the guy that knows he messed something up actually has to live with the call/non-call. We only hope to get better when something goes wrong.

VN Store

Back