Missouri's SEC campaign

Missouri might be getting cold feet.

Not from anything I've heard. Pretty sure we have gone past the point of no return at this point anyway. Now it's all about how much money we will have to pay and what year we will be leaving. Missouri and the SEC want us to join for the 2012 season and the Big 12 apparently wants us to stay till at least the 2013 season.

sece.png

Reactions: 3 people
What is different than Texas AM?

If the Big 12 drops below 10 members, they'll have to renegotiate their TV deals. TAMU got out, because TCU is replacing them. The Big East wants to hold its exiting schools to their contractual obligation of a 27-month notice period. So, if WVU/UofL can't play in the Big 12 next year, the Big 12 will need Missouri to stay at 10 members to avoid losing TV money.

It is the official SEC web site.

I am now not able to access the linked article. Maybe its that I'm on my phone now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

the thing that confuses me is that the article was last updated 10/22/11. Is that the SEC's official website?

Article was taken down FAST. I think it was written in advance and shows that this has been pretty much done for a while now. If you had time to click any of the links they had five articles ready to go talking all about Missouri and the SEC and how well they fit. Really looks like they are just ironing out the legalities at this point. Someone is probably in a little bit of trouble though for letting that go up for even that short period of time.

VN Store

Back