Missouri's SEC campaign

It isn't about having to replace Missouri on a football schedule. The issue is that if the Big 12 drops below 10 members, they have to renegotiate their TV deals. They are set to have 10 next year, including TCU and Missouri. If they lose Missouri for next year, and WVU is forced to wait, then they lose money on their TV deals.

And who do they replace Mizzou with? Most teams schedules are full, this means possible DII schools, which means loss of revenue. The buyout is the hold up. Go back and read my post,

[/B]

And who do they replace Mizzou with? Most teams schedules are full, this means possible DII schools, which means loss of revenue. The buyout is the hold up. Go back and read my post,

Well the issue coming from that aspect of the scheduling is not actually so much revenue when playing FCS schools (or I-aa, either way DII is wrong here), but rather that only 1 win against such a program can count towards bowl eligibility, and most of these schools already have an FCS game already scheduled...so for all intensive purposes schools would just be scheduling a game to throw away (and most aren't going to be ok with a game that counts for nothing)

The revenue issue is right though when discussing the loss of a team and the loss of some markets (though there is talk of fox, etc, might just agree to remove missouri's take and that's it).

The revenue issue was/is causing part of the hold up with the exit fees, but the "having to play an FCS school" isn't really so much (if it all) coming in as a "network deals taking back / reducing revenue" problem in these exit fees talks
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well the issue coming from that aspect of the scheduling is not actually so much revenue when playing FCS schools (or I-aa, either way DII is wrong here), but rather that only 1 win against such a program can count towards bowl eligibility, and most of these schools already have an FCS game already scheduled...so for all intensive purposes schools would just be scheduling a game to throw away (and most aren't going to be ok with a game that counts for nothing)

The revenue issue is right though when discussing the loss of a team and the loss of some markets (though there is talk of fox, etc, might just agree to remove missouri's take and that's it).

The revenue issue was/is causing part of the hold up with the exit fees, but the "having to play an FCS school" isn't really so much (if it all) coming in as a "network deals taking back / reducing revenue" problem in these exit fees talks

They are discussing all this we have been discussing. I know this for sure. The hold up is the buy out. The buy out is what all this about, everything we have discussed.

They are discussing all this we have been discussing. I know this for sure. The hold up is the buy out. The buy out is what all this about, everything we have discussed.

Exactly.

No I just wanted to point out the scheduling of FCS teams was carrying a lesser (and someone separate) part of the issue

The main overall issue is the negotiation of the exit fees though

Welcome to the unfortunate world or contracts

Is it really? It seems to me that if this was covered in the conference contracts we wouldn't see this dancing and negotiating (for exit fees, departure dates, etc.) going on behind closed doors.

Is it really? It seems to me that if this was covered in the conference contracts we wouldn't see this dancing and negotiating (for exit fees, departure dates, etc.) going on behind closed doors.

TrueOrange said:
Welcome to the unfortunate world of contracts, lawyers, and lawsuits.

Whole statement. was saying this is the kind of business world that all these factors have created (regarding such moves, transitions, etc) in the modern day

If all is finally in order, an announcement would likely come either today or Monday (31st)

(......though unknown if the web page caused any setbacks)

If not quite yet, then expect word to come no earlier than nov. 10th (at the soonest) as Deaton will be out of the country until the

[/B]

If they are somehow able to have WVU next year, then they replace Missouri with WVU. If they can't get WVU for next year, they'll try to hold up Missouri.

Perhaps the buy-outs will work out so that the Big 12 can use Missouri's exit fee to help WVU get out of its 27-month Big East commitment.

It is a fact, though, that the Big 12 has to redo its TV deals if they lose Missouri without adding a replacement team for next year.

Well as of today the big 12 was claiming that WVU would be part of the 10 member conference come the next season

If they are somehow able to have WVU next year, then they replace Missouri with WVU. If they can't get WVU for next year, they'll try to hold up Missouri.

Perhaps the buy-outs will work out so that the Big 12 can use Missouri's exit fee to help WVU get out of its 27-month Big East commitment.

It is a fact, though, that the Big 12 has to redo its TV deals if they lose Missouri without adding a replacement team for next year.

This is my take as well. Lets just get both conferences squared away asap.

And this is why the buyout is so important. Its not just one scenario but many.

Faurot's capacity is 71,004. Sometimes its hard to tally the count though because we have seating on the Hill.

They're going to be put in the east 1) to preserve rivalries and 2) they're really not that far from vandy, UK, UT and even to a degree UGA....not Terribly much further overall than their average traveling distances against the west teams (save arky and maybe 1 other)

I just hate the fact that we are still calling it the "East". If geography has nothing to do with it then lets completely realign the conference.

It just seems idiotic to me and as bad as the Big "Whatever" conferences whose numbers don't even match their members.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hate the fact that we are still calling it the "East". If geography has nothing to do with it then lets completely realign the conference.

It just seems idiotic to me and as bad as the Big "Whatever" conferences whose numbers don't even match their members.

Dallas Cowboys play in the NFC East, the Atlanta Braves used to play in the NL West, the Winnipeg Jets play in the NHL East Southeastern Division. Exceptions happen, no need to rename everything for a team that will never finish higher than 4th in the division anyway.

I know I am late, but what was the reason Dooley had to burn the RedShirt? I know Bray is hurt but what happened to Simms?

I got it. I mean he was playing against LSU and Bama. I keep hearing Dooley is on the hot seat. Would you guys really replace him after year two? This isnt a flame just trying to get a feel for what I have heard.

I got it. I mean he was playing against LSU and Bama. I keep hearing Dooley is on the hot seat. Would you guys really replace him after year two? This isnt a flame just trying to get a feel for what I have heard.

No chance. We're down four of our top 6-7 players coming into the season at this point.

Next year is his make or break year IMO.

I know I am late, but what was the reason Dooley had to burn the RedShirt? I know Bray is hurt but what happened to Simms?

Welcome to our planet.

Simms wasn't looking good, and the coaching staff felt that they should see if Worley might be better.

I guess that's why they play the games, and all.

eta: wait, I just noticed: what is this discussion doing on the Mizzou to SEC thread??

Whole statement. was saying this is the kind of business world that all these factors have created (regarding such moves, transitions, etc) in the modern day

If conference contracts clearly provided steps for a team to withdraw, and TV contracts clearly outlined what happens when a conference changes, we wouldn't be going through a lot of the drama that's playing out now.

Litigation arises not because of contracts, but because of vague or poorly-written contracts.

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to our planet.

Simms wasn't looking good, and the coaching staff felt that they should see if Worley might be better.

I guess that's why they play the games, and all.

eta: wait, I just noticed: what is this discussion doing on the Mizzou to SEC thread??

I just wanted to ask a quick question. We are back to Mizzou now.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so snarky. I didn't notice your screen name, and I forgot you were a Mizzou fan. :hi:

Deaton's trip to India has apparently been delayed or postponed (not sure there's really that much of a difference, just varying sources have switched between which word they used)

VN Store

Back