104.5 hating on Bray

I have little respect for media reporters of all stripes. When all is said and done, they are there for the paycheck. Period. They will say or write whatever is necessary to keep getting that check or pimp for a better gig. They jump on bandwagons and bloviate political correctness. When I listen to these guys I just think of yaw, yaw, yaw.

So then....do you watch the news? ESPN? TV at all?

Sunday night at 6:30 I was listening to The Nation on 104.5 and they cut out to go to the Sounds game. I'm sick of this crap. Last year Iwas getting ready to listen to a basketball game and the Jeff fisher show came on. I can not understand my university signing on with a station in Nashville that prempts the state university for other programming. I understand contracts and all, but, if you are going to be the station in the area to carry the games, then carry the games. I will be listening on line or find a station in a nearby town that carries thhe games. I will not be listening to 104.5 for my VOLS!

Everyone bashing what they were saying this morning are true Homers. You immediately shut down when you hear anything not positive. Fact of the matter, it is very alarming if Bray is having trouble with the offense at this point and not able to make the reads. Hes had a full season, 2 spring practices and 2 summers to understand everything, yet the coaches are quoted as saying Sims is at 90% and Bray 40% when it comes to knowing the offense. If Bray could actually put it together with his natural ability he could be an all american but hes just got to put in the book work.

It is definitely something to worry about and I am glad they brought it up.

104.5 is the best sports talk radio in the state.

hilarious.

as rasputin vol mentioned, it's a citadel station, of course it blows.

clay travis is either very informative and on point or some clown that sounds like he went to the cowherd school of saying anything to gain a listener. he was actually very good on dan patrick this morning.

As anyone in show business will tell you, radio is the lowest rung on the entertainment ladder. Sports radio is the lowest level of that rung. It doesn't require any talent and that's why the pay is on the level of hamburger flipper, especially in the small market radio areas. Tyler Bray is a high profile player on a nationally known football team. Local radio personalities are only known by the handful of listeners who bother to tune in. They tend to feel that they have to say something provocative from time to time to draw attention to themselves in a desperate attempt to seem relevant. Aside from their immediate family and a few listeners, no one has ever heard of Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard.

Last edited:
Tennessee hasn't really done much lately to deserve love from the media.

At least you don't have to listen to Finebaum. Tennessee football is basically a punchline to that turd.

Nashville is about to have another sports station, so you'll have options. It should change formats soon.

He's an idiot. He dumbs down their show
Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion. Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.

Nashville is about to have another sports station, so you'll have options. It should change formats soon.

Really? 106.7 making a comeback or is there another station changing formats?

Seriously? I can't tell if this is serious.

One five-star compared to how many ever Bama, LSU, UF, and UGA have pulled in over the last few years?

C'mon, man.

Uhm Tennessee has pulled more than one 5 star over the past few years, just a heads up.

Uhm Tennessee has pulled more than one 5 star over the past few years, just a heads up.

Yep, 3!

One of which is gone.

The other two, JJ and Da'Rick.

Now if you go back to 2007, that class was loaded but only one of those really panned out.

The only reason they are part of the "Vol Network" is because they broadcast UT games.

Other than that, they can do anything they want to do. I have no problem with 104.5 and I listen to it everyday. 3HL is the best program on the station by far.

The morning show is worthless except to listen to what Hubbs has to say.

Sunday night at 6:30 I was listening to The Nation on 104.5 and they cut out to go to the Sounds game. I'm sick of this crap. Last year Iwas getting ready to listen to a basketball game and the Jeff fisher show came on. I can not understand my university signing on with a station in Nashville that prempts the state university for other programming. I understand contracts and all, but, if you are going to be the station in the area to carry the games, then carry the games. I will be listening on line or find a station in a nearby town that carries thhe games. I will not be listening to 104.5 for my VOLS!

This is what I've been saying for a long, long time. It was puzzling when the Vol Network switched from 1510 to 104.5 considering 1510 was a clear channel station and could be broadcast virtually all over the southeast to a local FM station but I was willing to take the upgrade in sound for it. I never thought that broadcasting the Vols games would be a 2nd thought for the station. Plaster rarely mentions us on his show (and rightfully so, he's a Vandy guy, a Vandy grad, and its his show) but that's bad business. I single out Plaster because that's the only time I can listen to sports - drive time. Since there's only 1 other option in this town for now and they are the Vols flagship station it would seem they'd want some Vol following.

Yep, 3!

One of which is gone.

The other two, JJ and Da'Rick.

Now if you go back to 2007, that class was loaded but only one of those really panned out.
Yea, if we're only using Rivals. Wasn't Couch a 5 star last year on Scout?

Uhm what context am I missing?

Uhm, that post was in response to a post that referenced one player (sarcastically, it seems).

The point being, in the context of the conversation, is that the analysis is correct regarding the fact that Tennessee is behind multiple programs when it comes to bringing in a large number of five-star players.

That's the context.

Wycheck is still concust from his playing days, take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion. Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.

Unfortunately we don't have a good source for the Vols in middle Tn. I listen to the Sports Animal on my iphone, their not great either but they at least talk about Vol football alot more than youll get in the Nashville area.

Uhm, that post was in response to a post that referenced one player (sarcastically, it seems).

The point being, in the context of the conversation, is that the analysis is correct regarding the fact that Tennessee is behind multiple programs when it comes to bringing in a large number of five-star players.

That's the context.

:good!:
Sounds good bro! You pretty clearly stated Tennessee only had one 5 star over the past few years. All good though. Wasn't NuKeese a 5 star too?

VN Store

Back