104.5 hating on Bray

I've knocked those guys on this subject a couple times. It could be due to the fact that I know none of them are UT fans and also know that a couple (including Plaster) do not like UT. It comes across in their commentary and it's annoying.

If anyone was listening this morning around 7:30, you really weren't pleased. In the scenario of "If you were a 5* recruit rank these schools in order: Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee." They each chose UT in the 4 or 5 slot.

Opinion is fine and I don't need these guys to drink the kool-aid, but give me some analysis/commentary that is a little less on the anti-orange side. There is a difference.

LOL

That analysis is spot-on given the last couple of years. I'd say they were kind and didn't even include Auburn in that group.

Seriously. What's inaccurate about that statement over the last few years?

I've knocked those guys on this subject a couple times. It could be due to the fact that I know none of them are UT fans and also know that a couple (including Plaster) do not like UT. It comes across in their commentary and it's annoying.

If anyone was listening this morning around 7:30, you really weren't pleased. In the scenario of "If you were a 5* recruit rank these schools in order: Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee." They each chose UT in the 4 or 5 slot.

Opinion is fine and I don't need these guys to drink the kool-aid, but give me some analysis/commentary that is a little less on the anti-orange side. There is a difference.

Wycheck said the "atmosphere on UT's campus doesn't compare to the others". He has taken too many shots to the head and naps on the field at LP Field.

answer the question, "how do you get more listeners to a sports radio show in the state of TN?" and you'll find their motivation

He doesn't like Clay because every time he is on the show, Clay leads with a question about his hair. Dooley sounds aggravated during his interviews with him.

He doesn't like Clay because he's an immature, unprofessional clown.

LOL

That analysis is spot-on given the last couple of years. I'd say they were kind and didn't even include Auburn in that group.

Da'Rick Rogers

Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion. Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.

Citadel Broadcasting (The Zone in Nashville and The Animal in Knoxville) have the worst line ups, sports coverage and no love for UT football (esp. The Zone). The have the dumbest hosts in both markets and there are probably 4-5 times more non-Tennessee personalities on the shows than actual Tennessee alumni. Wake up, people. That is why it is called State Run Radio...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

put it like this, we're a bit over 2 weeks away from kick off of college football and Plaster's afternoon show is more concerned with the Braves, Uggla's hitting streak (or now its ending), or which baseball park is the best than the Vols or worse, Vanderbilt. Like Bill King or not, at least he knew when it was football season and how to get fans interest. He might not have been kind to the Vols now and then but at least he was talking football not Predators hockey during August.

Guess the same reason we get on volnation.

But the difference is the quality of information and how it's accessed. On the radio you get garbage for the most part and you don't have a choice. On VN (or any other site) you can ignore anything that you're not interested in and find some very good information at your own leisure.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but if I'm in my car or home and want to listen to something the last thing I'm listening to is some local meatball idiot on the radio spew nonsense. Unless I want to laugh of course. But if I'm actually wanting real information on my team I'm not looking for it on the radio. JMO

I have no problem with saying Bray can't play if its true. But how would they know? Aren't the practices closed? He could be the next coming of Manning or fumbling every snap and how would some talk show guy in Nashville know? Just askin'

LOL

True is true. You could even throw South Carolina in as well. They have us in their rear view mirror also. Dooley just needs to recruit and win an all of this will take care of it's self. Until then it is what it is.

they are not hating at all, they are giving what you call an opinion. If you dont like change the station.

This.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more and it's always been this way, but man....there seems to be A LOT of whining on here lately.

True is true. You could even throw South Carolina in as well. They have us in their rear view mirror also. Dooley just needs to recruit and win an all of this will take care of it's self. Until then it is what it is.

SCjr is not that much ahead of UT right now

104.5 is George (Vandy grad/former voice Vandy) Plaster's station. Frank Wycheck a Maryland College player and former Titan could care less about the Vols. The station did have or still has one or two connected Vols who are Tennessee fans. Mark Howard I think is pretty well telling it like he sees it. I don't think he is a Vol basher by any means.

Who cares....haters gonna hate....nothing U can do but put in a c.d. or change the station dude.

Say what you want about Wycheck his job is not to pump the vols tires or do 'homework' on the vols. His job is Titans/NFL related. They have Hyams and Hubbs on there roughly every other day. What he hears about Bray he forms an opinion from those guys then voices it. If you disagree, fine. But he is hardly hating, I doubt he cares enough about the Vols to hate or love em. 104.5 pays him for his viewpoint he gives it that his job.
Some vols fans are too sensitive.

I have little respect for media reporters of all stripes. When all is said and done, they are there for the paycheck. Period. They will say or write whatever is necessary to keep getting that check or pimp for a better gig. They jump on bandwagons and bloviate political correctness. When I listen to these guys I just think of yaw, yaw, yaw.

VN Store

Back