It looks like the SEC is just having one big pity party.

A bloody 24 hours for the SEC: 3-seed Ky, 4-seed Auburn, 6-seed USCe, 7-seed FL, and 8-seed Miss St all fall down.

Looks like 4-seed Bama will possibly survive, 9-seed A&M is wrapping things up, and of course our Vols took care of things neatly.

3 up, 5 down, and just like that the SEC's presence is cut in half and beyond.

But we're on the good side of the ledger. Let's stay there for about, oh, say 5 more rounds of play.

Go Vols!

Auburn goes down
Florida goes down
SEC is now 1 - 5. Yikes! I didn't see that coming. It looks to me like that brutal nonconference schedule is paying some dividends. It's time to fish or cut bait and the rest of the conference is already smelling of dead fish. We are the only ones that took care of business.
Go Vols!

The Florida game was an NBA type game and I think that Auburn and their fan base underestimated Yale.

Charles Barkley was puffing on a cigar at halftime of the Auburn game.

Bama & A&M handled business; it was looking like Tennessee would be the only SEC team to make it past day 1. Crazy.

Reactions: NEO
Auburn, SC and Miss St are all teams that try to bully their opponent - similar to past UT teams. It wins games in the SEC but clearly doesn’t translate to March.

UT has shown they can play either way. First Barnes team I’ve seen capable of that.

Auburn goes down
Florida goes down
SEC is now 1 - 5. Yikes! I didn't see that coming. It looks to me like that brutal nonconference schedule is paying some dividends. It's time to fish or cut bait and the rest of the conference is already smelling of dead fish. We are the only ones that took care of business.
Go Vols!
One and done crapshoot.

Funny thing is I was telling some of my Auburn friends today that Kentucky would come after Pearl….but this evening I have been telling them never mind Pearl isn’t going anywhere 😀
Yes, that is funny. Some mildcat fans made a video that Calipari should be fired and they need to hire Pearl. Then Pearl loses to Yale. What are those losers saying now? LOLOLOL.

The SEC will do better in three years when there are 26 teams in the conference and 13 get in the expanded 102-team NCAA tourney.
Yea probably could just cancel the regular season and just go straight into the Conference Tournaments and then NCAA tourney.
Who knows what college sports will look like in 10/20 years!

Kentucky and Auburn should have won, to be sure--but it also has to be said that Oakland and Yale just made some crazy, clutch shots. I think Yale has three starters who are left-handed. If you are not used to defending left-handed shooters, it can be an adjustment. The one Yale player made multiple tough, fall-away jumpers.

Reactions: KHVol
Kentucky and Auburn should have won, to be sure--but it also has to be said that Oakland and Yale just made some crazy, clutch shots. I think Yale has three starters who are left-handed. If you are not used to defending left-handed shooters, it can be an adjustment. The one Yale player made multiple tough, fall-away jumpers.

Auburn choked.

That one guy.....can't remember his name for some reason ....on Auburn who missed that last shot....I was so happy it was him that missed. I hate that stink face he gave earlier after his "and one". I'm glad we don't have guys w punchable faces like that.

Auburn, SC and Miss St are all teams that try to bully their opponent - similar to past UT teams. It wins games in the SEC but clearly doesn’t translate to March.

UT has shown they can play either way. First Barnes team I’ve seen capable of that.
I think some of the one and done philosophies will be backed down on teams like KY...Vols are different in that we've got veteran transfers and veteran legacy players. Like my son said, KY could lose in first round or win it all. I didn't see that one, but more, I thought Auburn had a real chance in their bracket to make some noise. Looking back, I should have known SC, Mst would have problems. SC late in the year struggled away from Columbia. Thought Florida had a real chance for S16, but that game was more about a pretty even match up and they didn't bring their A game.

For today, I'm more worried about getting past TX than playing Creighton. Texas seems to play the same type game as SC, MsT, TaM...rock fight type games, where we've struggled some if we get impatient and don't attack the rim and we go on those long stretches of poor shooting. Think Aidoo will be important today. I've seen Creighton all year...they are good, but think they will struggle against our physical D...if we take Ryan out of the mix in the middle, it will be tough for them to win, though they have two other really good players.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back