It looks like the SEC is just having one big pity party.

Reading this thread is like reading what a junior higher would say to the class bully if given parental protection 😂😂😂😂. But I do agree with one poster…Auburn appeared to be really cocky, arrogant, and waaaayyy over confident. This time of year ….you can get beat at anytime. So many people get caught up with the seeding numbers. They mean nothing!

Reactions: Volfan574
That one guy.....can't remember his name for some reason ....on Auburn who missed that last shot....I was so happy it was him that missed. I hate that stink face he gave earlier after his "and one". I'm glad we don't have guys w punchable faces like that.

KD Johnson, yes It was fitting. Thankfully he didn't make that 3 for the win!

It's March Madness. The road to Houston and the Final Four is littered with busted brackets along with carcasses of our SEC brethren and those from other conferences. Better them than us.

Let the chant of "overrated" ring in their ears.

GO VOLS! GO BIG ORANGE!

Would not hurt my feelings if the Nate criminals did fall. Kinda of tired of seeing Sears mom too! 😂
I too have had enough. She is all about herself. Did anyone else notice her pull down the tent she was wearing off of her missive shoulders? By the way why would there be an empty seat on either side of her???

Reactions: Caz
The Florida loss was great. I was sitting next to two Florida fans at the bar. They were so excited when Florida tied it and then to see their expressions when Colorado made that shot was fun. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I guess that would have been rude.

Reactions: Ratvol
Auburn choked.
Auburn can not close out a game. It his let us bash you in the mouth and demoralize you to watch you fold. Yale never folded. Pearl's after game comments were very complimentary of Yale and it was a humbling experience for him.

Last Sunday in the thread "These guys are sim-professionals" I stated this might happen to the SEC. I say we, as a league, are still not at or near as good as is thought. Watching the tourney so far, there is way more talent out there than the experts are willing to acknowledge..

I don't think the SEC was as deep as everybody thought. They have not looked good in any games except Tennessee, Alabama, and TAMU. I've always thought the Big 12 is probably the best basketball conference from a depth standpoint but that's just me.

As for tonight, Texas comes out and hits Tennessee in the mouth I will be curious to see how they respond. Teams that have done that for the most his year to us has put us on our heels and we are not sure how to respond. Either way, its Go Vols til its not!

The Florida loss was great. I was sitting next to two Florida fans at the bar. They were so excited when Florida tied it and then to see their expressions when Colorado made that shot was fun. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I guess that would have been rude.
…because Florida fans are never rude. 🤔

I guess Steven Pearl and Auburn got punked 😂 (see his comment after we lost to MState) Go Vols!

Ironically, KY fans have been fantasizing about BP instead of JC, but his team went down to a 13 seed. Anyone heard from Steven Pearl? I’m sure he must have a clever tweet out there.

I am surprised the SEC is doing so poorly, so are my brackets. That being said, I could care less if any of them win.

Was Auburn better off winning the SEC tournament?

Pearl was complaining they ended up with the same seed as before the brackets were announced, a 4 seed. He thought they should have gotten bumped up to a 3 by winning the tourney. So this kinda backs up my theory that if your team already has a seed locked in, playing the SEC tourney is no advantage for you.

IMO not sure if TN, KY and AL didn't give their best efforts in the tourney on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLtaism
Reading this thread is like reading what a junior higher would say to the class bully if given parental protection 😂😂😂😂. But I do agree with one poster…Auburn appeared to be really cocky, arrogant, and waaaayyy over confident. This time of year ….you can get beat at anytime. So many people get caught up with the seeding numbers. They mean nothing!
Yep. If you overlook anybody in the Dance and don’t show up, chances are you’re going home. I think Auburn absolutely overlooked Yale and KY’s youth showed up in their game. And some lower seeds (Yale, Oakland) are going to catch fire. You just hope it isn’t against you.

As far as the other SEC schools that lost, they all had weaknesses that got exposed. If you don’t hit shots (Miss St and SC jr) or play a lick of defense (Florida), you can go home. And they did.

GBO.

Reactions: tennrich1
One day he will join the ranks of Pat Knight / Sean Sutton and take daddy's program over and run it off a cliff.
I could be wrong, but I don’t see Auburn or any other SEC program hiring a son with no head coaching experience of their current retiring coach. There’s too much money in this league now and basketball is no longer viewed as a minor sport. SP needs to build his resume by securing a lower level head coaching position and doing a good job there before hoping for the Barn job when Bruce leaves. I’ve never seen where SP has his father’s personality that might make him desirable as a head coach either. We did hire Dooley so anything’s possible? JMO

What did Stephen Pearl do to rile everybody up so much? It seems like a lot of bad blood for a former Vol.
Narcissistic jerk. Not good enough for any D-1 roster yet played 20 minutes a game here. Now magically an assistant coach on a major D-1 program. Classic example of “born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple”.

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Auburn or any other SEC program hiring a son with no head coaching experience of their current retiring coach. There’s too much money in this league now and basketball is no longer viewed as a minor sport. SP needs to build his resume by securing a lower level head coaching position and doing a good job there before hoping for the Barn job when Bruce leaves. I’ve never seen where SP has his father’s personality that might make him desirable as a head coach either. We did hire Dooley so anything’s possible? JMO
Agree. Auburn would be foolish to hire Stephen Pearl when BP leaves. No way he’s ready.

What did Stephen Pearl do to rile everybody up so much? It seems like a lot of bad blood for a former Vol.

He's taken shots at UT since being at Auburn, even though the fanbase still loved Pearl long after he left and even his dad still talked highly of UT at least up until the past few years where he's seemed to be a bit less so.

He's also a no talent, trash talking hack who wouldn't have anything he does if he wasn't daddy's boy. He wouldn't have sniffed any real P5 playing time without it and he'd probably be an assistant coach on a junior college team.

Agree. Auburn would be foolish to hire Stephen Pearl when BP leaves. No way he’s ready.

Bruce not going anywhere. He has AU BB at the highest level of fan interest ever in the program. He is a salesman and uses that very effectively. Got the student interest very high when was a UT.

AU alum booster friend told me AU BB is a now a positive revenue sport first time ever.

Last edited:
Bruce not going anywhere. He has AU BB at the highest level of fan interest ever in the program. He is a salesman and uses that very effectively. Got the student interest very high when was a UT.

AU alum booster friend told me AU BB is a positive revenue sport first time ever.

He probalby won't go anywhere but he is 64 and honestly doesn't look like he's taking the greatest care of himself. So we'll see how many more years he's got.

VN Store

Back