It looks like the SEC is just having one big pity party.

I don't think the SEC was as deep as everybody thought. They have not looked good in any games except Tennessee, Alabama, and TAMU. I've always thought the Big 12 is probably the best basketball conference from a depth standpoint but that's just me.

As for tonight, Texas comes out and hits Tennessee in the mouth I will be curious to see how they respond. Teams that have done that for the most his year to us has put us on our heels and we are not sure how to respond. Either way, its Go Vols til its not!
Can't make those sort of evaluations after one game of a crapshoot tournament. The marathon and grind of a regular season identifies the best teams. If the tournament was set up properly, Auburn wouldn't have been playing Yale nor would UK have faced Oakland in a one and done scenario

I don't think the SEC was as deep as everybody thought. They have not looked good in any games except Tennessee, Alabama, and TAMU. I've always thought the Big 12 is probably the best basketball conference from a depth standpoint but that's just me.

As for tonight, Texas comes out and hits Tennessee in the mouth I will be curious to see how they respond. Teams that have done that for the most his year to us has put us on our heels and we are not sure how to respond. Either way, its Go Vols til its not!
I agree the B12 is best but the SEC is second no matter what happens in this tournament.

Reactions: Pennheel
Bruce not going anywhere. He has AU BB at the highest level of fan interest ever in the program. He is a salesman and uses that very effectively. Got the student interest very high when was a UT.

AU alum booster friend told me AU BB is a now a positive revenue sport first time ever.
That’s surprising. They were pretty good at times under Ellis but he certainly didn’t have the personality of Pearl.

That’s surprising. They were pretty good at times under Ellis but he certainly didn’t have the personality of Pearl.

I don't think their BB positive revenue is very much past breakeven but it at least supports itself the way it was explained.

Not living up to the hype to be sure.

Where are the Pearl lickers? Always so quick to crow about any positive, let’s hear it now!

PS—And I have no hate for Bruce BTW. It’s just that the love on here is nauseating.
The idea being had we stood by him, there’s almost no doubt in a lot of fans minds that we’d have a final 4, and quite possibly a NC, under our belt by now. Pearl did nothing but love the university and city, and I’ll always pull for him when the Vols aren’t involved. 🤷‍♂️

The idea being had we stood by him, there’s almost no doubt in a lot of fans minds that we’d have a final 4, and quite possibly a NC, under our belt by now. Pearl did nothing but love the university and city, and I’ll always pull for him when the Vols aren’t involved. 🤷‍♂️
I won’t pull for him now but he was definitely all Vol. He took a lower basketball program than us to a final four. There is no doubt in my mind we would have a final four or two by now. As for Barnes…good coach…if he wins tonight he will equal Pearls 3 Sweet 16’s…albeit in 9 years instead of 6. Pearl was fine. Barnes is fine. I want(Ed) more from both. Pearl sealed his own fate. Barnes is still a work in progress. Get it done Rick!

I will always love Bruce, so many good memories in TBA watching Lofton and the rest of the fellas with my best friend, my kids, my Dad. Same for Butch, sometimes it does not work out and u must move on from a coach, but no idea why anyone could not remeber the good times with a sense of happiness. I try not to be so angry and spiteful when I think of old Vol players or coaches.

I think AU winning the SEC tourney and South Carolina predicted to finish last , just ran out of gas and energy.
Kentucky looked lost though . I mean this is the same team that lost 3 games at Rupp? Something was definitely wrong from get go.
Florida probably wins their game if their starter guy wasn’t hurt. A player got more minutes than they should and didn’t have enough games to feel it out.
Miss St was a bad matchup with Izzo from get go. Hard to bet against Mich St In tournament.

SEC has always been TN and Bama. TX AM can go deep.

Reading this thread is like reading what a junior higher would say to the class bully if given parental protection 😂😂😂😂. But I do agree with one poster…Auburn appeared to be really cocky, arrogant, and waaaayyy over confident. This time of year ….you can get beat at anytime. So many people get caught up with the seeding numbers. They mean nothing!
Pearl complaining about Chad Baker-Mazara getting ejected is not a good look on Pearl. When you throw an elbow simply coming up the court and then look over your shoulder and laugh for the camera- you should be tossed.

Thanks to Auburn (with help from KY) my bracket is completely busted. So I am a fan of the Vols and Chaos…anxious to see every favorite except us go down.

Well, since his Auburn stint has fairly closely resembled his UT stint (including the violations), I’ll disagree on the NC. It is very hard to break that glass ceiling with a non-blue blood program.

I think Bruce is a very good coach, but no more special than the one we currently have. It is unlikely that either will ever win a NC. But, my money would be on Rick before Bruce.

But, it’s JMO, and we are a free to speculate as we wish.

I think AU winning the SEC tourney and South Carolina predicted to finish last , just ran out of gas and energy.
Kentucky looked lost though . I mean this is the same team that lost 3 games at Rupp? Something was definitely wrong from get go.
Florida probably wins their game if their starter guy wasn’t hurt. A player got more minutes than they should and didn’t have enough games to feel it out.
Miss St was a bad matchup with Izzo from get go. Hard to bet against Mich St In tournament.

SEC has always been TN and Bama. TX AM can go deep.
I always thought Bama was overrated. They were terrible on the road all season. Never thought they were a serious contender in the tourney.

Texas A&M hasn't been able to string together multiple good games in a row the whole season. But they seemed to find a third scorer in Obaseki. But still don't expect them to get past Purdue.

Funny thing is I was telling some of my Auburn friends today that Kentucky would come after Pearl….but this evening I have been telling them never mind Pearl isn’t going anywhere 😀
Pearl is like 64 years old. KY, if open, would not hire a 64 year old coach and one that was NCAA sanctioned.

Well, since his Auburn stint has fairly closely resembled his UT stint (including the violations), I’ll disagree on the NC. It is very hard to break that glass ceiling with a non-blue blood program.

I think Bruce is a very good coach, but no more special than the one we currently have. It is unlikely that either will ever win a NC. But, my money would be on Rick before Bruce.

But, it’s JMO, and we are a free to speculate as we wish.

I would argue on a year-to-year performance, he performed better at Tennessee. He had 2 Sweet 16s and Elite 8 at Tennessee (in 6 years). At Auburn, he had that one Final Four run but other than that, Auburn hasn't made it to Sweet 16 at all and has been at Auburn longer.

Reactions: iBleedOrangeWhite
The Florida loss was great. I was sitting next to two Florida fans at the bar. They were so excited when Florida tied it and then to see their expressions when Colorado made that shot was fun. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I guess that would have been rude.
Well, I’m rude, crude and tattooed so I would have chanced it.

Stephen F Pearl is not a vol. He is daddy's little short comer.

Remember when the refs threw Bruce out of the gym at one of Steven F’s high school games? Lots of clownish behavior from that family. Even the older sister took cheap shots at UT after everything this community did to embrace their clan.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Tennessee isn't having a pity party right now... screw the league, we are having to carry it because Calipari and Pearl can't win tournament games anymore.

VN Store

Back