I think Ty Chandler is ...

There hasn't been that much of s change in players, especially skill position players since 1990. Its not like he played in the 1920's. This is like saying Da Vinci would be dumb in 2018.... if Webb was here today he'd receive the same training and nutrition as modern players do, which isn't that far off, and he'd be just as good.
You make some good points and I can’t say what my exact profession consists of but I do study and work with the science of physiology. Let’s just say Ty’s measurements of athleticism would smoke guys of yesteryear. I’m so pumped for this teams potential.

Reactions: OneVolNation
You make some good points and I can’t say what my exact profession consists of but I do study and work with the science of physiology. Let’s just say Ty’s measurements of athleticism would smoke guys of yesteryear. I’m so pumped for this teams potential.
Bo Jackson outsprints him wearing Keds. He’s so far showing nothing close to a scintilla of the vision of Chuck Webb OR Charlie Garner. There have been plenty of fast backs that never made it big in college...much less the pros. No offense to your abacus, but freak athleticism didn’t make Mike Mamula great...nothing could.

Reactions: vols4evah and Alto1
At the game Saturday vs. Auburn I noticed Ty Chandler ran between the tackles and kept driving forward after contact for five yards. Those aren't usually the plays that get a lot of attention. When I watched the recorded replay and saw it again the commentators made a comment about power football running tough between the tackles and complimented Chandler. He didn't have a lot of rushing yards on Saturday compared to his usual, but his running even on those one to three tough yard runs kept the offensive attack balanced and opened up the passing game because the defense had to be ready for it. We don't need to compare him with anybody else. He's a humble young man and plays his best to help his team win. Fans aren't bragging on him in any kind of contest against VFL legends. Let that be clear. We just appreciate his effort so far and recognize his talent. The guy knows how to explode for yards on those home run type plays. He's already shown it as just a Sophomore and it looks promising for things to come. Naturally, like almost everything else in life, nothing spectacular is guaranteed to happen in the future, but I've enjoyed some spectacular plays he's already made and hope the young man continues to work hard and develop into the elite back he has the potential to be because that's how I see him already. That doesn't take anything away from the past greats whose legacy I hope he continues in a long line of Tennessee backs. Respect on their names.

Chandler's 81 yard touchdown run this season is the longest run from scrimmage out of anyone in the SEC this season so far.

So in the "LONGEST RUSH LEADERS - ALL PLAYERS" (aka "home run" or "explosive play making") category, he is #1 best in the conference this season statistically for those who don't mind a fact to support a claim.

TyChandlerBestSECRunningBack.png

Chandler's 81 yard touchdown run this season is the longest run from scrimmage out of anyone in the SEC this season so far.

So in the "LONGEST RUSH LEADERS - ALL PLAYERS" (aka "home run" or "explosive play making") category, he is #1 best in the conference this season statistically for those who don't mind a fact to support a claim.

View attachment 172202
He will break many records before his illustrious career is over. I will compare him to our other VFLs because I think he will be the UT GOAT before he leaves the Hill. Too good and too explosive

It's nice to see that many others are starting to see what I've been saying about Ty for a long time now.

He's not as fast as that all world 100 M sprinter that allbarn has but Ty is a home run threat every single time he has the ball in his hands.

That's why almost every major program in the country was recruiting him and thank God he's on our footVol Team.

VFL...GBO!!!

He's good but not special like our recent RBs. Kamara and Kelly are NFL superstars. Chandler will most likely not be on that level.

I disagree, it's far too early to write off this young man, he has breakaway speed, something Kamara and Kelly don't have

Garner did big boy! '92-'93
Webb would have in 90 if not for injury in game 2. Had 131 vs Colorado (NC's)
But he DIDN’T! Injuries are part of the package...see Jamal Lewis.

And Garner had a 928 yard season his junior season as PART of a rushing attack with Little Man and Hayden. He was a “consistent” 100 yard threat the next season...

BIG BOY!

Last edited:
I disagree, it's far too early to write off this young man, he has breakaway speed, something Kamara and Kelly don't have
Who’s writing him off? It’s just a wee bit early to declare either way.

Kinda tough to judge Chandler at this point. He's certainly got skills and ability. But, all those other VFL legends had something Chandler doesn't have...yet. An OL that can consistently get him to the second level of a defense. Maybe next two years, he'll have a better supporting OL cast to allow him to flourish.

But he DIDN’T! Injuries are part of the package...see Jamal Lewis.

And Garner had a 928 yard season his junior season as PART of a rushing attack with Little Man and Hayden. He was a “consistent” 100 yard threat the next season...

BIG BOY!

Butchna, how long have you been in T
Who’s writing him off? It’s just a wee bit early to declare either way.

Butchna, how long have you been in Texas?
I met my wife not too far from you in Grapevine Tx

True, it's nice for a change to have a back that is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball
He is that. The “what if’s” are strong with this one.

Butchna, how long have you been in T

Butchna, how long have you been in Texas?
I met my wife not too far from you in Grapevine Tx
Since 95. Grapevine’s a cool burg. All that old town feel with the shops right down the street from that monster Grapevine Mills. Easy drive to anywhere. Hometown of Spanky from Little Rascals...pause for jokes.

Since 95. Grapevine’s a cool burg. All that old town feel with the shops right down the street from that monster Grapevine Mills. Easy drive to anywhere. Hometown of Spanky from Little Rascals...pause for jokes.

Ever visit Willhoits?

We moved back to Georgia in 95 Grapevine Mills was just a conversation

VN Store

Back