I think Ty Chandler is ...

It’s a different era man, I love Chuck and Charlie but they couldn’t carry Ty’s jockstrap. It’s like saying Bob Cousy is better than MJ, just doesn’t add up. Ty is Olympic fast.

This makes so little sense I'm still not sure it's not meant as intentional hyperbole. Ty might have a straight line speed advantage on Charlie but nothing else I've seen. Ty hasn't shown anything, including raw speed, over Webb, who won a 100m title in Ohio. Vision, elusiveness, more power than you'd expect for his size, there was basically nothing about Webb's game that wasn't, and still wouldn't be, elite. Here's a reminder.

This makes so little sense I'm still not sure it's not meant as intentional hyperbole. Ty might have a straight line speed advantage on Charlie but nothing else I've seen. Ty hasn't shown anything, including raw speed, over Webb, who won a 100m title in Ohio. Vision, elusiveness, more power than you'd expect for his size, there was basically nothing about Webb's game that wasn't, and still wouldn't be, elite. Here's a reminder.

To be fair, Chandler set a his schools record and ran the fastest time in TN his senior year in the 100m at 10.83. He would have won state too had he not pulled a hamstring in the semis

To be fair, Chandler set a his schools record and ran the fastest time in TN his senior year in the 100m at 10.83. He would have won state too had he not pulled a hamstring in the semis

I'm not sure of his personal record but I know for certain Webb had a 10.68 to his credit. (his State Title time)

But he DIDN’T! Injuries are part of the package...see Jamal Lewis.
!

Very accurate statement about Webb and injuries. When you factor in the injuries to Webb and JLewis, I'm not sure that Travis Henry isn't the best back at UT in the last 30 years.

As it has been said, being available is a very important trait to have in sports.

Very accurate statement about Webb and injuries. When you factor in the injuries to Webb and JLewis, I'm not sure that Travis Henry isn't the best back at UT in the last 30 years.

As it has been said, being available is a very important trait to have in sports.

Travis Henry was one of the hardest running, running backs UT has ever had, he loved to punish would be tacklers

We moved back to Georgia in 95 Grapevine Mills was just a conversation
They have a Gaylord Convention Center right next to it. Splurged for my daughter’s 16th. I’ve officially lived longer in DFW than in Tennessee.

But he DIDN’T! Injuries are part of the package...see Jamal Lewis.

And Garner had a 928 yard season his junior season as PART of a rushing attack with Little Man and Hayden. He was a “consistent” 100 yard threat the next season...

BIG BOY!
Anyway.....Ty isn't in the conversation of Garner and Webb. Why you kicking my nuts anyway?

So you’re the only guy that can have an opinion? I support our players and I get ridiculed, WOW!!
I support them too, just saying TC isn't Garner or Webb. And to say otherwise is ridiculous at this time.

John Kelly is an NFL superstar? When did that happen? Last time I checked he was getting Gurley’s table scraps.
He’s not even getting that. Kelly is good, but he hasn’t even been active this season. Gurley isn’t going anywhere, so JK is playing for that second contract, a la Jerick McKinnon, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead. Step one is still being active on Sundays.

D4H is, per usual, way out in front of this one. 🙄

You plop them out for display purposes an awful lot. I know my Vols history...I don’t need a SemenHole fan to tell me what’s what.
And I know my Vols history as well. thank you! Originally, we were on the same side in the TC comparisons. I said 2 yrs of showing 100yrd consistency. You obviously take things a tad to literal. Maybe I should have said, "Once Ty Chandler shows he can run for a 100 yrds semi consistently, without getting injured, sharing carries, while having a qb that can scare a defense, then maybe he can be compared to someone butchna thinks is good."

I’ve been trying to think of a good comparison for Ty. LaSean McCoy is the best and most accurate I can think of.

Both have speed. Both are best as a 1 cut runner. Both have good hands out of the backfield (Ty may end up being better here). Good vision. Approximately the same height and close to the same weight. LaSean runs a little lower between the tackles.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
They have a Gaylord Convention Center right next to it. Splurged for my daughter’s 16th. I’ve officially lived longer in DFW than in Tennessee.

I hear ya, Texas was more like Tennessee than any other state I’ve live in other than Georgia, but Chicago, Long Island, Orange County Ca are about as different as you can get from Tennessee:)

I hear ya, Texas was more like Tennessee than any other state I’ve live in other than Georgia, but Chicago, Long Island, Orange County Ca are about as different as you can get from Tennessee:)

I was running around the Crossville area and it amazes me how much it resembles some of the TX "hill country" near where I have relatives.

I’ve been trying to think of a good comparison for Ty. LaSean McCoy is the best and most accurate I can think of.

Both have speed. Both are best as a 1 cut runner. Both have good hands out of the backfield (Ty may end up being better here). Good vision. Approximately the same height and close to the same weight. LaSean runs a little lower between the tackles.
That's a good one, McCoy may have more of a little wiggle in his style but very similar styles.

And I know my Vols history as well. thank you! Originally, we were on the same side in the TC comparisons. I said 2 yrs of showing 100yrd consistency. You obviously take things a tad to literal. Maybe I should have said, "Once Ty Chandler shows he can run for a 100 yrds semi consistently, without getting injured, sharing carries, while having a qb that can scare a defense, then maybe he can be compared to someone butchna thinks is good."
Or hedge your bets and shut up altogether. Win win for everybody.

I was running around the Crossville area and it amazes me how much it resembles some of the TX "hill country" near where I have relatives.
Sister lives in Crossville. Brother in law’s from El Paso and a die hard Longhorns fan...I’ll let him know he’s in a good situation.

Nephew is a lawyer in Chicago. I lose my bearing’s in that city.

VN Store

Back