Breaking News: U.S. & Canada Reach Trade Agreement

I bet gator had a heart attack when heard trump saying it should be a privilage for countries to trade for us. How dare a president actually help Americans 1st

I've always found that whole "gator" thing so funny and clever. Post more often when you aren't in home room.

(Disclaimer: From what I hear, there is no such thing as home room anymore. But you get my point.)

I had an IRS controversy class and they were discussing a case about Joe Pesci who has a rather ungood relationship with the service regarding paying taxes. He created an LLC to run all his acting stuff through. He named it F U ALL. I laughed.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I've always found that whole "gator" thing so funny and clever. Post more often when you aren't in home room.

(Disclaimer: From what I hear, there is no such thing as home room anymore. But you get my point.)
It's better than the alternative.

They seem to think it is , I don’t remember the markets taking much notice of it to be honest .
I dont either which is surprising. I would have thought the market would have fluctuated over it.

Is it better? Is it so much better that it was worth all this fuss and disruption to the market?

I’m really curious as to how we can levee tariffs on every country we trade with and the market isn’t nose diving and bucking what the media and some people that like to talk about how bad tariffs are say are horrible ways to fix a deficit with those countries .

The market is fickle. I assume you were all over it when the market dropped because of Trump's trade war tactics.

Oh come on , “the market is fickle “ is no answer and you know it lol . We don’t want to make that a standard answer for anything that happens do we ?

Is it better? Is it so much better that it was worth all this fuss and disruption to the market?

there wasn't much disruption to the market - mostly people speculating that it WOULD disrupt the market if there's no deal, etc.

even if only a little better it would be a very quick return to cover any "disruption" that occurred over the last several months.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I’m really curious as to how we can levee tariffs on every country we trade with and the market isn’t nose diving and bucking what the media and some people that like to talk about how bad tariffs are say are horrible ways to fix a deficit with those countries .

Nobody is saying the economy would nosedive.

What does "fix a deficit" even mean? Trade deficits are not bad. There are problems with our trade agreements, but deficits are not evidence of that. Wealthy countries have trade deficits. This is how the world works. We buy more than we produce because we are so rich. We would have to lower our standard of living significantly in order to eliminate the trade deficit.

Again, the anti-NAFTA stuff is all based on misinformation. The agreement can be better, but the changes are being sold with lies.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I dont either which is surprising. I would have thought the market would have fluctuated over it.

To be honest I think they believe that Trump will do what he says and get better deals . I mean it doesn’t take much if he holds out to make them better . They just about have to believe it or they would have tanked the market by now just out of fear .

Don't know whether this is a good or bad deal for the US, will wait to see the details.

I do worry that Trump is hiding behind his broad mantras of claiming past deals were bad to help out friends or benefactors of his through this new deal. Or that he will personally be enriched.

I am more concerned than I otherwise would be when he is already talking about going around Congress to approve it, if need be. That makes me wonder if there isn't some component to it which is going to be a problem.

But let's wait and see the details. Hopefully its all for the good of the economy and doesn't play favorites for Trump.

there wasn't much disruption to the market - mostly people speculating that it WOULD disrupt the market if there's no deal, etc.

even if only a little better it would be a very quick return to cover any "disruption" that occurred over the last several months.

What do you mean there hasn't been disruption to the market? We've been paying extra $ for lumber for like 18 months now, for starters.

What does "fix a deficit" even mean? Trade deficits are not bad. There are problems with our trade agreements, but deficits are not evidence of that. Wealthy countries have trade deficits. This is how the world works.

We buy more than we produce because we are so rich. We would have to lower our standard of living significantly in order to eliminate the trade deficit.

If we both product a product but you decide you don’t want as many of my ( we will say cars ) in your market so you tax me or restrict them but you want to flood the my market with yours ... that’s a deficit and it’s bad no matter how big or small your country is

Don't know whether this is a good or bad deal for the US, will wait to see the details.

I do worry that Trump is hiding behind his broad mantras of claiming past deals were bad to help out friends or benefactors of his through this new deal. Or that he will personally be enriched.

I am more concerned than I otherwise would be when he is already talking about going around Congress to approve it, if need be. That makes me wonder if there isn't some component to it which is going to be a problem.

But let's wait and see the details. Hopefully its all for the good of the economy and doesn't play favorites for Trump.
This, my friends, is called preframing.

What do you mean there hasn't been disruption to the market? We've been paying extra $ for lumber for like 18 months now, for starters.

From where ? And do you have other options to buy your lumber from ? Come on you can’t say that all lumber is more expensive because of a certain country . My thoughts are even if it is , then buy American slap a made by American workers with American lumber and pass it on . Let’s see what happens .

What does "fix a deficit" even mean? Trade deficits are not bad. There are problems with our trade agreements, but deficits are not evidence of that. Wealthy countries have trade deficits. This is how the world works. We buy more than we produce because we are so rich. We would have to lower our standard of living significantly in order to eliminate the trade deficit.

Again, the anti-NAFTA stuff is all based on misinformation. The agreement can be better, but the changes are being sold with lies.

This type of thinking is what built China into the power it is today . We ignored what they were doing because they were a poor country so we help build them into a super power economically

VN Store

Back