Rank your hatred

I dont really hate any teams in college sports besides

Bama
Florida
Oklahoma

..for some reason Ive never felt a hatred for Georgia but I do enjoy the rivalry

I would say my hatred scale is something like this
1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Bama again
4. Georgia
5. Bama one more time
6. Satan
7. Steamed vegetables (adult baby food...change my mind)
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Mizzooley
11. Arkansas
12. Vandy
13. A&M
14. Miss State
15. Ole Miss
16. LSU
17. Auburn

Yea, its Florida then Bama. After that they're all about equal with the exception of Kentucky. I am not a fan, but I pull for them to win unless its against us or their winning somehow affects us negatively.
I'm that way with Kentucky and LSU. I hope Kentucky beat every team in the East but us and I hope LSU beats every team in the West.
Not a fan of either, just never been able to muster any hate for them.

Reactions: Behr
Put me down for "none of the above". Call me a pansy. But as much as I love pulling for the Vols, as much as I hate to lose, hate for another team has never been a part of the equation. They're just a bunch of young men who chose another place and are trying to do the same thing we are.

Cj77yNAXAAAKeBz.jpg

Put Missouri and Texas A&M closer to the top because they don't belong in the SEC.

Just like West Virginia doesn't belong in the Big 12.

I agree entirely with you about Mizzou and West Virginia. Absolutely don't fit their current conferences. But A&M fits better.

Texas, like Missouri, is a gateway state. It links two regions. For Missouri, the linkage is the Mid-west to the Great Plains. Nothing to do with the South.

But Texas links the South to the Plains. In fact, it is such a large state that it is both, part one and part the other. The eastern part of Texas, the part that include Galveston and Houston and so on, that's really just as much a part of the south as, say, Louisiana. The Gulf of Mexico unites them, makes them more similar than different. Meanwhile, the bulk of the state, from San Antonio and Dallas to Midlands to El Paso, that's more the Great Plains region.

A&M is in the Houston-Galveston part of Texas.

So I think it fits pretty well.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbuchanan
1. Georgia (I live here, worst fans on planet erf!)
2. Florida
3. Bamma
4. Everybody else...well Boise State more than the rest just because of that stupid blue field....

Reactions: TrentVol
I'm that way with Kentucky and LSU. I hope Kentucky beat every team in the East but us and I hope LSU beats every team in the West.
Not a fan of either, just never been able to muster any hate for them.
Yea, I was born and raised about 20 minutes from the Kentucky state line. When I was in high school I partied a lot with friends in Franklin and Bowling Green. The ones that were UK fans were always cool and envious, never cocky or arrogant. Like you, I just can't hate on them.

Reactions: chargervol
1. Mu**ay State (routing for N.Korea if they played)
2. UF
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. MTSU (old OVC rival)

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Kentucky
5. South Carolina
6. Vandy
7. LSU
8. Mizzou
9. Arkansas
10. Texas A&M
11. Auburn
12. Ole miss
13. Miss St

1. Florida
2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. Vandy
5. SC
6. Kentucky
7. Auburn
8. Missouri
9. Arkansas
10. Ole miss
11. LSU
12. Miss State
13. A&M (although I feel they will climb with Jimbo there)

I actually divide it into groups:

Profound Dislike
Bama
Florida
South Carolina (with Muschamp)
Vandy
Georgia

Casual Disdain
South Carolina (normally)
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Missouri
Ole Miss

Actually Kind of Like Them (when we're not playing them)
LSU
Kentucky
Auburn
A&M

Within the groups there is generally no ranking, though Bama and Florida at the top two spots are deliberate.
I'm kinda the same way, but my division goes like this

Hate everything about them:
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Vanderbilt
South Carolina (recent addition) (should probably add that they make this list mainly because of Muschamp and the fact that I'm sick of losing to them)

Kinda neutral about:
Auburn (obviously pull for them against UA and UGA)
Kentucky
Missouri
Mississippi State
Arkansas

Usually pull for when they're not playing us:
LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss

Completely agree with you.

Coach Spurrier is a good guy. He definitely took his shots at us, but backed them up. He also complimented us when we beat them . I think when we beat them in 2001 he said , “The Vols had a better run game than the Taliban.”

I had the unique opportunity to be around him when he was coach at Duke and it was always fun to be in his company . He could slug some Miller Lites.

I know I’ve shared this story, but it’s worth telling again. I sat down next to SOS after Duke had beaten an ACC opponent, my parents were friends with he and his wife, so we could back to the coaches office after the games. I asked Spurrier " Did you think we would beat Clemson (Duke beat top 10 Clemson 2 weeks prior)?

Spurrier talks to 6 year old me.
“Hell yeah boy. I knew we’d kick their ass.”

And then absolutely takes a beer to the face. Carl Franks was smashed.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Vanderbilt
4. Kentucky
5. Georgia
6. South Carolina
7. LSU
8. Arkansas
9. Mizzou
10. Auburn
11T. All Schools in Mississippi
13. Texas A&M

Somewhat colored from living in Nashville and Northern Tennessee I guess. But have special hatred for the Rich kids and the basketdwebs.

I agree entirely with you about Mizzou and West Virginia. Absolutely don't fit their current conferences. But A&M fits better.

Texas, like Missouri, is a gateway state. It links two regions. For Missouri, the linkage is the Mid-west to the Great Plains. Nothing to do with the South.

But Texas links the South to the Plains. In fact, it is such a large state that it is both, part one and part the other. The eastern part of Texas, the part that include Galveston and Houston and so on, that's really just as much a part of the south as, say, Louisiana. The Gulf of Mexico unites them, makes them more similar than different. Meanwhile, the bulk of the state, from San Antonio and Dallas to Midlands to El Paso, that's more the Great Plains region.

A&M is in the Houston-Galveston part of Texas.

So I think it fits pretty well.

Go Vols!

Missouri borders the South

Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Oklahoma all share a border with Missouri.

Since 2 SEC East titles now reside in Missouri, we are forever tied to this conference, more so than the football programs of Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt, all teams with fewer trips to Atlanta.

Granted, some of those schools won SEC titles, but that was all before 1965.

We have losing records to all of them, something I never thought could or would happen, but it did.

I hate em all, if that helps
Go Vols

Reactions: tbones0711
Missouri borders the South

Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Oklahoma all share a border with Missouri.

Since 2 SEC East titles now reside in Missouri, we are forever tied to this conference, more so than the football programs of Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt, all teams with fewer trips to Atlanta.

Granted, some of those schools won SEC titles, but that was all before 1965.

Brother, I love your state. My mom grew up there, her extended family all still live there.

Missouri is not even remotely a part of the South.

That big huge Gateway Arch in St Louis, that signifies the state's role as the "gateway" between the Mid-west and the Great Plains. It was the jumping-off point for Easterners (from Boston, New York, Philly, or Chicago) to head out West.

Southerners, when they headed west, they went through Texas.

Love Mizzou...but you guys belong in the B10 or B12, rather than the SEC.

p.s. Oklahoma isn't a part of the South, either. It is 100% a Great Plains state.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Hatred is perhaps too strong a word, but whatever is just one notch down, yeah I'm there with your list OP except the same as some others. I'd switch USCe and Candy.

VN Store

Back