Not Impressed - Florida

Obviously Florida is beatable. It will be interesting to see how Pruitt schemes them on D. If we had a better OL, I would like our chances.

Have you not noticed that the OL has adjusted and gotten better as the game goes along in each game thus far?

I don't know if that is really happening. There could be other factors at play. The fact they came out flat yet again today isn't good.

Have you not noticed that the OL has adjusted and gotten better as the game goes along in each game thus far?

The OL struggling against WV is one thing. Struggling against ETSU is just horrid. It should never happen. I am happy for the win but to look at this game and have zero concern going forward, is a little crazy. We can overcome this against cupcakes. But do you thnk the OL can struggle against SEC teams like that and still win? I guess it remains to be seen.

Florida was also without one of their better DL in Jefferson (suspension). But, fear not, of course he will play against us.

I’m thinking UF-UT is still a tossup. Mullen suffering from some of the same woes CJP is. New coaches with new staffs take time to gel. Did you see where UF came out of a timeout with too many men on the field? Not good. But I’ll cut Mullen some slack on that one.

One thing CJP and Mullen have in common is fixing last season dumpster fires. Who will fare better at that? Of course my money is on CJP.

Mullen has an interesting game on the schedule after us. MSU in Starkville. That might be worth a watch.

True. Banks looked good too. I think he is going to get playing time moving forward.
I'm not thinking too hard on it. I want to see what they do against legitimate D line's. Jordan's the only one who's shown he can pound the rock with some amount of success so I won't offer any serious opinions until after at least the Florida game.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Florida is just as bad as we are. They always seem to find a way to win anyway. UF may well come out and play us like a juggernaut. But, they are vulnerable.

UK is better than I thought. Their QB is going to give us fits. But tonight's game between them showed me one thing. The Gators are circling the drain. They just need one more nudge to send them headlong into the maelstrom of crap we've been dealing with for a decade.

Tennessee needs to beat UF. When it comes to Florida, we're due. It would make my season to send their meltdown into critical.

September 22nd will be the crossroads for both programs.

I like our loyal segment of fans that cling to the “we always lose to Florida” mantra like Linus’s security blanket...even tho that narrative died two seasons ago...with a worse coaching staff.

“We always lose to Florida” is an exaggeration, but not by much. I have watched many games which Tennessee could have won, but didn't. Florida beat us how many years in a row -- a dozen? That is messed up, however peep want to say it.

Obviously Florida is beatable. It will be interesting to see how Pruitt schemes them on D. If we had a better OL, I would like our chances.
If we had a better o line we would stomp them in the ground! But we don’t 😞

Kentucky will do no better than 7-5 this season. I think they still lose to Miss State,South Carolina,Texas A&M,Georgia and Tennessee

Entirely possible. But for right now they've beaten Florida, a team they probably should have beaten once or twice before. Arguably, we should be able to say the same of the Vols. Plus didn't they do it in the swamp? If so when did we do that last? Regardless KY put it in the W column, we could too. Just that we haven't done it yet. Don't care about any one else, it's a home game, we should beat them.

This thread has me shaking my head. The Vols dropped 59 points and only gave up 3 and some of ya'll are acting like we are 0-2 right now.

Don't forget, if we are who we'd like to be,then we did what we were supposed to do. 59-3 is just that - what should be expected.

VN Store

Back